Bucky's Business News

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Bucky's Business News

Post by Brad »

I thought (I guess I thought wrong) that we had a thread for this somewhere.

Bucky's BP on 60th and Center (Turf Lounge)

Buckey's tore down the old cum and go as well as the Turf Lounge and built a big new store and a new bar for the turf lounge(not called club turf).

Last edited by Brad on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

No ****?  I loved the old Turf Lounge and hate the raping Amoco does at the pump.  All in all, a craptacular change.
Last edited by joeglow on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

In old and related but not yet pointed out news, the BP at 160th and West Center has been demolished to also make way for a Bucky's.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Bucky's bought the old (and long abandoned) "Wally's" on 144th and I80  Just south of the Sapp Brothers McDonald's.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

I did not want to start a new topic, but over the years there has been a sign for a new Fantasy's on both the NW and NE corner of 103rd & Blair High RD, but never any development.  The last time there was a sign was maybe 4 years ago on the NE side.  

It seems like that would be a good place since the closest alternative is the Edy's on 99th & Bliar High, which is not 24-hours.  

With the proximity to I-680, I can't see why they never went forward with this, anyone ever hear anything about it?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bbinks wrote:I did not want to start a new topic, but over the years there has been a sign for a new Fantasy's on both the NW and NE corner of 103rd & Blair High RD, but never any development.  The last time there was a sign was maybe 4 years ago on the NE side.  
I heard through the rumor mill that they wanted to think about other locations in the area.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Bucky's BP Business News

Post by Coyote »

In 2007 Brad wrote:Bucky's BP on 60th and Center (Turf Lounge)

Buckey's tore down the old cum and go as well as the Turf Lounge and built a big new store and a new bar for the turf lounge(not called club turf).
Ok, now just 9 years later...
Bucky's is taking over the SE corner of 63rd and Center ( I guess this means good bye to 'A Couple Things'), replacing this formerly new Bucky's on 60th. 8 stalls of pumps vs 5, a larger C-Store and a car wash on the East side...

On the positive side it will be easier to get into from WB Center, the entrance on 63rd, but now what will go on the SW 60th and Center?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

BTW - Buchanan has agreed to Noddle's request to make it conform to the AV architectural model...
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

I don't think that location has a car wash, so they will likely add one there. That was already a nice store, but I guess massive gas stations are what people want these days. More floor space to sell high margin stuff.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

jessep28 wrote:I don't think that location has a car wash, so they will likely add one there. That was already a nice store, but I guess massive gas stations are what people want these days. More floor space to sell high margin stuff.

You are correct, the 60th St had no car wash. But this one and the 72nd and Grover will.

Is it just me, or does it appear Bucky's and QT are heavily going after the midtown market right now...
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I am confused...you are saying that BP is moving from 60th and Center to 63rd and Center? They currently have 5 rows of pumps for a total of 20. Are they now going to have 8 rows or 32 total? If that is true I think they are going to need more space than the A Couple of Things building. They would also need the property to the east. I can understand them wanting to move to have access from all directions instead of just eastbound.

Also the 60th and Center BP has a carwash behind the building.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

skinzfan23 wrote:Also the 60th and Center BP has a carwash behind the building.
I agree, it absolutely does have a car-wash. That's the Car-Wash I always used when I lived on 52nd.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Yes, they will take over ' A Couple Things' and the rest of that block... from 63rd-62nd...
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Coyote wrote:Yes, they will take over ' A Couple Things' and the rest of that block... from 63rd-62nd...
If that is the case, I can see it working.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

The mechanical company is buying another building, so I would assume it would incorporate that. There is a ton of land behind that building that's part of the property.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:The mechanical company is buying another building, so I would assume it would incorporate that. There is a ton of land behind that building that's part of the property.
The old Missouri Pacific Railroad Right-Of-Way is back in behind there too.
Brad
City Council

Re: Bucky's Business News

Post by Brad »

Here is a little bit about the "Take 5 Pizza" that I posted about in the other Bucky's thread:

http://www.buckysexpress.com/landing/take-5-pizza

Currently available in 2 store, Benson and one in Illinois.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The Bucky's at 72nd and Grover is now open.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I can't remember how long ago Bucky's bought Eddy's BP on Ida and Blair High Rd.
But they are going to demolish and rebuild there also, from a 3100 sq ft C-Store to one 10,000,
And from a 700 sq ft car wash to one 2000.
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Coyote wrote:I can't remember how long ago Bucky's bought Eddy's BP on Ida and Blair High Rd.
But they are going to demolish and rebuild there also, from a 3100 sq ft C-Store to one 10,000,

Seems wise since there is a gas station, Murphy Express, going in across the street by the Wal-Mart.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote:I can't remember how long ago Bucky's bought Eddy's BP on Ida and Blair High Rd.

Is there enough room on that corner? already can be a cluster when you try to get in and out with all the cars trying to get up to Blair high road.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Uffda wrote:Is there enough room on that corner? already can be a cluster when you try to get in and out with all the cars trying to get up to Blair high road.
I never went back to this station just because of that. If you try to exit the station to go to Blair High Rd, there is usually too many cars already in line and then even if someone is kind enough to try to let you in, cars are coming up Ida St the other way. The whole place is 1.48 acres of travesty, a sham and a mockery...it's a traveshamockery!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (196.08 KiB) Viewed 5381 times
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Yes I always hoped they would put in a right turning lane onto Blair High Road heading west. Now if they can go back as far as your red one they might have room BUT it still leaves an entrance/exit mess.

On another note at the same intersection across Ida and next to TSC that there has been, for the last few years, a grounds Cover mulch, rocks small business. I noticed this morning that they were cleaning up and everything's been taken down so I wonder if something is going in there
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Uffda wrote:On another note at the same intersection across Ida and next to TSC that there has been, for the last few years, a grounds Cover mulch, rocks small business. I noticed this morning that they were cleaning up and everything's been taken down so I wonder if something is going in there
Glad you asked. The whole lot is owned by Marathon Investments Three LLC, but since you saw something, I put it on a secret special search and found this:
This is a pad site ready for your building next to Tractor Supply Co Pad site suitable for fast food, coffee hut, ATM, or similar businesses Great Location off I-680 & Hwy 133 (Military Ave/Blair High Rd) at the Irvington exit Hwy 133 is a major arterial to outlying bedroom communities. The site has an asphalt surface and is ready for your building. The location has joint access with Tractor Supply Company. This General Industrial zoned site can accommodate a building size of 1,200-3,200 square feet.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (158.71 KiB) Viewed 5352 times
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Maybe a cdub or Brad can answer this, but it seems like Hwy 133 has a huge RoW along this stetch. Is this typical for a highway? Does this area have to compensate for the creek bed? This lot could be larger if not for some regulation.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (98.43 KiB) Viewed 5351 times
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

You have the ability of secret special search?!?!? :D

On another note, the city announced late in the spring that Ida St. from Irvington to Blair High would be resurfaced this summer - it needs to be rebuilt as It has been falling apart for several years. BUT nothing done so far. :x :x
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

According to these planning board appeals minutes, I guess they wanted to put in a South driveway, but it was denied. There will be a larger North driveway. Bucky's also stated that they wanted to purchase some of the adjacent property, but that was contingent on a South driveway.

http://planning.cityofomaha.org/images/ ... inutes.pdf
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

jessep28 wrote:According to these planning board appeals minutes, I guess they wanted to put in a South driveway, but it was denied. There will be a larger North driveway. Bucky's also stated that they wanted to purchase some of the adjacent property, but that was contingent on a South driveway.

http://planning.cityofomaha.org/images/ ... inutes.pdf
There's no way they would have let them put a driveway to a limited access highway like that.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

If I was Buckys and we can have the one entrance I probably would leave the store As it is.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Not sure if this means anything, but the on the assessors web page, the Buckys and Daves auto behind it are not showing any parcel information. The legal description and land/parcel values are all "0". Daves moved into the skate place some time ago... 5-6 years maybe?
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Just noticed that the old BP gas station on 72nd near Shadow Lake was torn down and is going to be replaced with a Bucky's.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The Bucky's on 40th and Dodge is currently closed for renovation.

I am sure they won't, but I wish they would take out a couple of pumps. That lot is so tight and a mess to maneuver.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

iamjacobm wrote:The Bucky's on 40th and Dodge is currently closed for renovation.

I am sure they won't, but I wish they would take out a couple of pumps. That lot is so tight and a mess to maneuver.
Too bad they can't buy the vacant property on the northwest intersection of 39th and Dodge.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

skinzfan23 wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:The Bucky's on 40th and Dodge is currently closed for renovation.

Too bad they can't buy the vacant property on the northwest intersection of 39th and Dodge.
I agree with you both. Although I have yet to encounter a gas station lot tighter than Cubbies in the Old Market.. That place is a fender bender in the making nearly 24/7...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

I have recently thought Bucky's was moving toward just building and maintaining their super gas stations. Kinda nice to see they aren't totally neglecting their small locations. At this point the building at 40th and Dodge is totally gone. It'll be interesting to see what they do here and if the update will curb some of the crime that has occurred at this location.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:I agree with you both. Although I have yet to encounter a gas station lot tighter than Cubbies in the Old Market.. That place is a fender bender in the making nearly 24/7...
Did Cubbies expand and add a patio or something. I remember earlier this year they had it rezoned but am not able to find it.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Trips wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:I agree with you both. Although I have yet to encounter a gas station lot tighter than Cubbies in the Old Market.. That place is a fender bender in the making nearly 24/7...
Did Cubbies expand and add a patio or something. I remember earlier this year they had it rezoned but am not able to find it.
09/12/2016: CUBBYS - DECK 33' X 6' 4"
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Coyote wrote:
Trips wrote:
09/12/2016: CUBBYS - DECK 33' X 6' 4"
A deck area for Cubbies? Interesting...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Looks like they have bought land in Texas and planned to open 6 stores in the Houston area, but are being sued by Buc-ee's(a gas station/C-Store in TX) to keep them out because of the name.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Plans by Omaha-based Bucky’s to move into Texas could lead to a trademark battle with Buc-ee's

It’s a Lone Star State range war over gasoline, cigarettes and pork rinds, and it pits Texas chain Buc-ee’s against Nebraska’s Bucky’s in a battle for convenience store supremacy.

This month, Houston-based Buc-ee’s, operator of about 40 Texas convenience stores, sued Omaha-based Bucky’s, which has dozens of locations in Omaha, St. Louis and Chicago.

The reason: The names are pronounced the same, and Texas Buc-ee’s said in its lawsuit that Nebraska Bucky’s is looking to encroach on its territory — buying property, obtaining zoning permits, applying for liquor licenses and the like in Texas under its corporate alter-ego Buck’s Inc.
Just looked Bucky's has the following locations:

Chicago: 48
St Louis: 3
Omaha: 32