Omaha Area McDonalds

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Uffda
County Board

Omaha Area McDonalds

Post by Uffda »

I went by yesterday on the way home and it was gone.  Sign says new McDonalds is being built.
Brad
City Council

Re: McDonalds -- 90th and Military

Post by Brad »

Uffda wrote:I went by yesterday on the way home and it was gone.  Sign says new McDonald's is being built.
Really?  The was quick, I was just there before I went on vacation...  That seems strange as it was one of the nicer cleaner old McDonald's in town.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

It was a hole too, trust me. A lot of the metro area Mickey D's are getting redone. Especially the Sarpy Co ones.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

the1wags wrote:It was a hole too, trust me. A lot of the metro area Mickey D's are getting redone. Especially the Sarpy Co ones.
They are all about done except the one in LaVista.
UNOstudent
Human Relations

Post by UNOstudent »

for the sake of not starting a new thread for every mcdonalds, ill comment here.

the one at 124th and center is boarded up. i didnt see any signs on it referring to a remodel.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

UNOstudent wrote:for the sake of not starting a new thread for every mcdonalds, ill comment here.

the one at 124th and center is boarded up. i didnt see any signs on it referring to a remodel.

Good.   That place was filthy.   I stopped in to get one of their new chicken sandwiches after I was in half-priced books.   When the grout on their sinks is gray and moldy, and the wallpaper is peeling off, that shows a really bad management problem.
JB
New to the Neighborhood

Post by JB »

I hope the crew at the McDonald's at 90th and Military gets "redone".  Those workers were pretty sleazy.
JoshuaBest.net - My views.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coffee a hit at Papillion McDonald's

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1 ... d=10455583
CORIE RUSSELL THE PAPILLION TIMES wrote:The McDonald's in Papillion near Highway 370 and Washington Street knows how to sell coffee.

That restaurant set what the company calls the world record for sale of McDonald's McCafé coffee products during its launch, Sept. 5 to 11. McCafé products include iced and hot drinks such as mochas, lattes, cappuccinos and hot chocolates in regular and low-fat choices.
CORIE RUSSELL THE PAPILLION TIMES wrote:The company plans to integrate McCafé products into all its U.S. locations by March 2009, she said.
Vince Furlong
Home Owners Association

Post by Vince Furlong »

( since Mac and Don won this poll, I put it under the Mac's topic)

Another beauty from the Pew Research boys and girls......

43%-35% - Big Macs or Lattes?

When asked whether they would rather live in a neighborhood with more McDonald's or more Starbucks, Americans manage to typecast themselves by just about every demographic and ideological characteristic under the sun; overall, more Americans choose McDonalds (43%) over Starbucks (35%), but the split is more pronounced -- and rather predictable -- when analyzed demographically. Liberals want coffee; conservatives choose burgers. Younger Americans vote for caffeine; older Americans decidedly pick the value menu. When one controls for all the factors tested, the variables that do the most to explain whether someone chooses Starbucks over McDonalds are: having a college degree, having a high income, being a liberal, being a Westerner and being a woman.

Read more at:

http://pewresearch.org/databank/dailynu ... mberID=724

How's your neighborhood treating these two American institutions?

Vince
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

4 McDonalds, 0 Starbucks, within 2 miles of my house.

However for every 50 times I go to Starbucks, I MIGHT go to McDonalds once...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

According to Omaha Cowboy and Jeff Beals on this past Saturday's Grow Omaha Radio Program, the McDonalds on 114th and Dodge was closing until October for a Complete Remodel.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Gone... They tore down the 114th and Dodge Street Store today.
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

They are moving fast on the 114th street store.  I would expect the foundation to be in by next week.
where the corn meets the concrete
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

When I went to work today, they were unloading panels off of trailers.  When I went lunch today, they already have the East wall up and one section of the South wall.  The panels look to be completely finished on the exterior(doors, brick, etc..).
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Brad wrote:When I went to work today, they were unloading panels off of trailers.  When I went lunch today, they already have the East wall up and one section of the South wall.  The panels look to be completely finished on the exterior(doors, brick, etc..).
Tonight.  All the east walls, all the north walls, half the west walls, and still the one panel on the south.  By the looks of it they are going to be adding roof tomorrow...  Amazing what prefabrication does.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:
Brad wrote:When I went to work today, they were unloading panels off of trailers.  When I went lunch today, they already have the East wall up and one section of the South wall.  The panels look to be completely finished on the exterior(doors, brick, etc..).
Tonight.  All the east walls, all the north walls, half the west walls, and still the one panel on the south.  By the looks of it they are going to be adding roof tomorrow...  Amazing what prefabrication does.
They did the one at the Nebraska Crossing ( Gretna) exit this way too.  It was incredible how fast they had the building up and equally amazing how fast the interior was fitted and they were open.  It actually took them longer to do the landscaping than the build and finish the store.  This should really not surprise me though since the landscaping is not a requirement to sell what they call burgers. Guess they make the buildings now just like they make their burgers, Mass produced and fast!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The sign did say opening Friday, but today it says Saturday

Updated McDonald's to reopen Saturday
www.omaha.com wrote:The McDonald's location at 114th Street and West Dodge Road, which closed in June for reconstruction, will reopen at 5 a.m. Saturday.

Manager Ricky Shell said the original building operated as a different fast-food restaurant before McDonald's purchased it, so it lacked some of the usual McDonald's characteristics.
www.omaha.com wrote:It is one of seven local McDonald's restaurants owned by Darmco Corp. of Omaha.

The first 25 customers Saturday will get a free meal each week for the rest of year. Also, the restaurant will offer several special events and promotions, including 49-cent hamburgers and 59-cent cheeseburgers.
What the heck was it if it was not built as a McDonald's?
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Wasn't it a Pizza Hut at one time?

Back when the Golden Spike was still there.
Stable genius.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

lol, 25 cent hamburgers. Reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter gets free burgers for life and gets a stroke.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Big E wrote:Wasn't it a Pizza Hut at one time?

Back when the Golden Spike was still there.
The Pizza Hut was farther east, as was an Austin's steak house.  They were acquired by whatever auto dealership is there.
UNOstudent
Human Relations

Post by UNOstudent »

McDonalds at 124th and Center was torn down.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

UNOstudent wrote:McDonalds at 124th and Center was torn down.
That has been closed for several years.

Keep your eyes open for another to be torn down/rebuilt and a new location.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Brad wrote:
UNOstudent wrote:McDonalds at 124th and Center was torn down.

Keep your eyes open for another to be torn down/rebuilt and a new location.

A source close to me says a new location is coming in the area of 165th & Maple.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Several Years?  it was open at least in the last 2-3 yrs i think[/quote]
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Uffda wrote:Several Years?  it was open at least in the last 2-3 yrs i think
Not positive because time flys, I thought it was 2+
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Construction of the new McDonald's at 168 and Maple has begun.
chaoman45
Home Owners Association

Post by chaoman45 »

Kabump.

On the topic of McD's, I was wondering about the one east of Millard Avenue and Q Street. There was a sign in front of it but I don't have time to read it/can't see it. All I know is that it's demolished and there were many construction vehicles there. Anybody know what's up with that location?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

chaoman45 wrote:Kabump.

On the topic of McD's, I was wondering about the one east of Millard Avenue and Q Street. There was a sign in front of it but I don't have time to read it/can't see it. All I know is that it's demolished and there were many construction vehicles there. Anybody know what's up with that location?
Just like some of the others in town, they are re-building it.
chaoman45
Home Owners Association

Post by chaoman45 »

Ah, cool. I remember that building being there since the early 90s; it's about time it got a renovation. Thanks for the answer.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

It looks like they are building an indoor playground at the one at 13th and I-80.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:It looks like they are building an indoor playground at the one at 13th and I-80.
I saw that too, but I thought it already had one?  Are they building a bigger one?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:It looks like they are building an indoor playground at the one at 13th and I-80.
I saw that too, but I thought it already had one?  Are they building a bigger one?

They have always had one.  I just ate at the Jimmy Johns up there basically next door and it looks like they are updating the exterior look of the complete store.  If I was betting on what I could see I would not be surprised if they did away with the indoor play-land and added seating.  That MD does not have much seating in it at all and if you want to go there use the drive through. There are people waiting for a seat all the time in there.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Went inside the McDonald's on 13th last week. A complete interior redo is almost completed. If I could describe the new decor in one word it would be "Googie" (wikipedia that). Very retro-modern looking. It's pretty cool.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

latinedi wrote:So they just did some renovation on the whole place. I though they are just making a bigger playground inside it. Anyway, if the place is better now then it is great.
The indoor playland is actually a bunch smaller than it was.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Speaking of McDonalds, anyone watch the documentary Supersize Me? Man that was disturbing for someone who grew up eating McDonalds.

(ex. their chicken nuggets are made from deformed chickens which were unable to produce eggs, the same chickens that are deemed "not up to standard" for just about any other food vendor)
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

I love Supersize Me.  I've never like McDonald's (or most fast food, for that matter), so I found it pretty entertaining.  The part where he blows chunks is hilarious.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

So the Mcdonald's on 24th & Cuming is closed.  I'm guessing they're doing another over-haul/re-build?
byrdrules
Home Owners Association

Post by byrdrules »

nebport5 wrote:So the Mcdonald's on 24th & Cuming is closed.  I'm guessing they're doing another over-haul/re-build?
Looks like it, the parking lot is completely torn up and the whole property is fenced up.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

byrdrules wrote:
nebport5 wrote:So the Mcdonald's on 24th & Cuming is closed.  I'm guessing they're doing another over-haul/re-build?
Looks like it, the parking lot is completely torn up and the whole property is fenced up.
I drove by today.... It is completely gone!     Hopefully not that its leveled it will be a rebuild like the 114th/dodge property
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Omaha_Gabe wrote:
byrdrules wrote:
I drove by today.... It is completely gone!     Hopefully not that its leveled it will be a rebuild like the 114th/dodge property
They did that with a Taco Bell here and I swear they got the new one open over night...it was like they trucked the new one in.