Burger King Business News

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Big E
City Council

Burger King Business News

Post by Big E »

http://www.journalstar.com/news/busines ... 738074.txt
Simmonds Restaurant Management Inc. is selling 72 franchised Burger King locations in Nebraska and Iowa to the company.
So I wonder if it was that pending 2% restaurant tax that caused them to exit this segment...

Or was it Cutchall that was raising heck about that?

-Big E
Stable genius.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

No it was SRM I know, maybe Cutchall too. F em, the food sucks |expletive| anyways.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I saw that in the OWH yesterday, however for some reason I thought it was old news?

I could be thinking about something else...
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

"The Burger King Corporation came my way about two months ago and made us an attractive offer," Simmonds said.
Simmonds Restaurant Management also owns six Jimmy John's sandwich shops, with plans to have 15 locations within a year or so, and eight Taco John's.
http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1208&u_sid=10360577
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Re: Simmonds selling BKs

Post by bbinks »

Simmond's has been selling, yet still operating, some of it's stores to a company called GE Capital Franchise.

From the DC Assessor..

http://douglasne.mapping-online.com/Dou ... cel+Search

As many BKs as Simmonds lists on its webpage, http://www.bkmidwest.com  
they do not have many listings on the Assessors page when searching for Simmonds.  

It seems like in most cases, Simmonds is the operator of the store, and someone else (even BK Corp) is the owner of the building/land.

Big E wrote:http://www.journalstar.com/news/busines ... 738074.txt
Simmonds Restaurant Management Inc. is selling 72 franchised Burger King locations in Nebraska and Iowa to the company.
So I wonder if it was that pending 2% restaurant tax that caused them to exit this segment...

Or was it Cutchall that was raising heck about that?

-Big E
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I noticed that they have completely gutted 2 Burger Kings here in Omaha.  First changes of the new ownership?

-On 114th and Dodge they have completely ripped off the roof and the front of the building.  The drive through is closed however lobby is still open.

-On 90th and Maple they have also ripped off the front and roof, however this one the lobby is closed and only the drive through is open.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Time will tell.  

When Bob Edwards sold back his McDonald's franchise in 2002 back to the corporatiion the renovaions of many of the stores began.   Some were even closed right away --  63rd & Center and South 24th Street.
Brad wrote:I noticed that they have completely gutted 2 Burger Kings here in Omaha.  First changes of the new ownership?

-On 114th and Dodge they have completely ripped off the roof and the front of the building.  The drive through is closed however lobby is still open.

-On 90th and Maple they have also ripped off the front and roof, however this one the lobby is closed and only the drive through is open.
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

I drove past the 144Th and West Dodge location today, they are positively going to the modern BK look.
where the corn meets the concrete
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Looks like the new BK's have large flat panel TV's in them.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

The BK at 50somethin and Center (across from HyVee) is getting remodeled too.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I hate to admit this - but - I stopped in a BK on my recent trip to a regional convention meeting is Gering and somewhere in between I purchased a Mcsandwich and saw a sign that said - no cameras or videos... WT F ?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:I hate to admit this - but - I stopped in a BK on my recent trip to a regional convention meeting is Gering and somewhere in between I purchased a Mcsandwich and saw a sign that said - no cameras or videos... WT F ?

Well it looks like the problem is you were trying to get a Mc**** and BK,  Need to go to McD to get them!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Coyote wrote:I hate to admit this - but - I stopped in a BK on my recent trip to a regional convention meeting is Gering and somewhere in between I purchased a Mcsandwich and saw a sign that said - no cameras or videos... WT F ?
Were you drunk or something?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

51 local Burger Kings under new ownership

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120817/M ... -ownership
Emily Nohr WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Heartland Food Corp., the second-largest Burger King franchise in the world, has acquired 51 Burger King locations in the Omaha-Council Bluffs area from Burger King Corporate.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

How far from the direct Omaha metro do you have to go to get 51 BK stores?  I know it seems like they are everwhere but 51 seems higher than I would have guessed for the Om CB metro.

Brad wrote:51 local Burger Kings under new ownership

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120817/M ... -ownership
Emily Nohr WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Heartland Food Corp., the second-largest Burger King franchise in the world, has acquired 51 Burger King locations in the Omaha-Council Bluffs area from Burger King Corporate.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

nebugeater wrote:How far from the direct Omaha metro do you have to go to get 51 BK stores?
Omaha and Lincoln pretty much covers it (although I don't know if that's necessarily these 51 stores).

Pretty easy to check on Google Maps, actually.
Stable genius.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Big E wrote:
nebugeater wrote:How far from the direct Omaha metro do you have to go to get 51 BK stores?
Omaha and Lincoln pretty much covers it (although I don't know if that's necessarily these 51 stores).

Pretty easy to check on Google Maps, actually.
\
But easier to have you check Big E     :;):

I didn't even read the link so I was just going off the headline stating Omaha CB.  If you throw in Lincoln the 51 gets more believable.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Although customers shouldn't expect to see any changes right away, the terms of the acquisition include exterior and interior remodeling projects. Those projects will happen sometime in the next four years, Ondrula said.
That will be nice. Some of the current stores are looking dated and gross.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum