News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

ad2330
Home Owners Association

Re: Local Car Dealership thread

Post by ad2330 »

Silverspoon wrote:
ad2330 wrote:

Yes they are. Woodhouse will own it, and they're building it on L next to Alfa. Very exciting news for this market. Next up is likely Bentley, Lamborghini, or McLaren. Ferrari remains a long-shot IMO.

I think all of those makes would be pretty far fetched for Omaha. You would need serious spenders around to sustain a car dealership of that caliber. Chicago, New York, and Miami have no problem because there are a ton of celebrities and athletes there to buy the cars and have them maintained there to pay the bills.

My official quote: "Omaha will have a top tier professional sports team before having a Bentley or Lambo dealership."

How much you wanna bet, Silverspoon?? :;):
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Gorges Volvo On 180th & West Dodge is getting $600k in Renovations
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Woodhouse Lincoln, Omaha's only Lincoln dealership currently, is moving from Woodhouse's L St campus to their campus at 144th and Giles June 1st.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
a42887
Home Owners Association

Post by a42887 »

Does anyone happen to remember the name of the old Buick and Isuzu dealership that was where Cox is now on Dodge? It’s been bugging the heck out of me for days.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

a42887 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:28 pm Does anyone happen to remember the name of the old Buick and Isuzu dealership that was where Cox is now on Dodge? It’s been bugging the heck out of me for days.

Sentry
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
a42887
Home Owners Association

Post by a42887 »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:25 pm
a42887 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:28 pm Does anyone happen to remember the name of the old Buick and Isuzu dealership that was where Cox is now on Dodge? It’s been bugging the heck out of me for days.

Sentry
That’s the one! Thank you. Driving me absolutely crazy.
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

Whats going on at the Huber dealerships off of 114th Dodge? Theres hardly any cars in any of the lots...
Jim Flowers rules!
JDJase
Home Owners Association

Post by JDJase »

Silverspoon wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:29 pm Whats going on at the Huber dealerships off of 114th Dodge? Theres hardly any cars in any of the lots...
From their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hubercadillac/
We are open and not going anywhere!
You may have recently driven by and been surprised by the lack of current new and pre-owned inventory on our front lots.
It is no mystery that auto manufacturers have some current supply shortages that have recently limited the mass manufacturing of vehicles.
Rest assured, all of our divisions are open, operating safely under Covid protocols and highly committed to keeping our vehicle inventory supply as robust as possible through these times.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Silverspoon wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:29 pm Whats going on at the Huber dealerships off of 114th Dodge? Theres hardly any cars in any of the lots...
Global Chip Shortage Set to Worsen for Car Makers
Auto makers anticipate a slower recovery in chip supplies following the fire at Japan’s Renesas semiconductor factory and the Texas freeze

The disruptions in Texas and Japan have exacerbated a shortage that began last year when strong demand from the consumer-electronics industry left car makers unable to accelerate chip orders to keep pace with a stronger-than-expected post-lockdown rebound in auto sales. Car makers had to stall or stop production and ration chips for the best-earning models.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/global-chi ... 1619708393
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

Uffda wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:43 am
Global Chip Shortage Set to Worsen for Car Makers
Auto makers anticipate a slower recovery in chip supplies following the fire at Japan’s Renesas semiconductor factory and the Texas freeze

The disruptions in Texas and Japan have exacerbated a shortage that began last year when strong demand from the consumer-electronics industry left car makers unable to accelerate chip orders to keep pace with a stronger-than-expected post-lockdown rebound in auto sales. Car makers had to stall or stop production and ration chips for the best-earning models.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/global-chi ... 1619708393
I thought that might be a reason, but I discounted it when I see every other dealership in Omaha packed with inventory.
Jim Flowers rules!
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

BNSF along I-29 south of town had sidings full of autoracks, and has had for months.

Also, anyone try renting a car this year? I was planning on renting for a week over Mem Day for my yearly attempt at stormchasing, but the price is at least 2x what it was in 2019. :-(
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

damonhynes wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:44 pm Also, anyone try renting a car this year? I was planning on renting for a week over Mem Day for my yearly attempt at stormchasing, but the price is at least 2x what it was in 2019. :-(
Yes, prices are STUPID! We need a van in May and its not happening. $1200 in May and the same van is $500 in August.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Brad wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:31 pm
damonhynes wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:44 pm Also, anyone try renting a car this year? I was planning on renting for a week over Mem Day for my yearly attempt at stormchasing, but the price is at least 2x what it was in 2019. :-(
Yes, prices are STUPID! We need a van in May and its not happening. $1200 in May and the same van is $500 in August.
Yeah I was going to use my points with Southwest to fly into Omaha and then rent a car to get me up to Sioux Falls….. too much to rent car so flew into Sioux Falls on American instead.

Jimmy Buffett
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Brad wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:31 pm
Double whammy.

Rental-car companies sold a huge chunk of their fleets—hundreds of thousands of vehicles—to survive the pandemic. Now they can’t get cars onto their lots fast enough to meet the new demand, especially with car factories stalled by semiconductor shortages.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hertz-avis ... 1618335385

Jimmy Buffett
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

I think I got lucky. I just bought a new car that I ordered from the factory that came on time and still was sold to me with dealer discounts and factory incentives. Granted the car is a bit of a niche brand, though it’s under Stellantis (Fiat-Chrysler).

On the flip side, my nine year old Volkswagen was being offered $4,000 as a trade in at the start of my shopping. Carvana now is offering $7,800 for it.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

They've installed a sign in front of their dealership to tell people that yes, they are still in business and open. They are also aggressively advertising on the radio to come in and customize a car they have on order.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Omaha will be back up to three area Subaru dealerships again in July. Recently Baxter moved it's Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram-Fiat store in La Vista to a new location off of 370, west of 144th Street. Taking over the old store will be Baxter Subaru La Vista.:

https://www.facebook.com/BaxterSubaruLa ... tn__=kCH-R
Dundeemaha
Human Relations

Post by Dundeemaha »

Does anyone know what caused Edwards to lose their Subaru dealership? I asked someone I know who owns a regional car dealership in another state about it and he said it is really rare to have a brand pull out like that.
S.O.Boy
Human Relations

Post by S.O.Boy »

Dundeemaha wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:32 am Does anyone know what caused Edwards to lose their Subaru dealership? I asked someone I know who owns a regional car dealership in another state about it and he said it is really rare to have a brand pull out like that.
Edwards has been making questionable decisions. For example they bought and remodel the location in Bellevue and within 4 years, it is closed.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Has Huber been purchased by Woodhouse?
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Brad wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:52 pm Has Huber been purchased by Woodhouse?
Woodhouse Auto acquires Huber dealership in west Omaha
Dan Crisler
Woodhouse Auto Family confirmed Friday that it has acquired Huber Chevrolet and Cadillac.

Woodhouse’s acquisition, which is expected to be finalized by the end of December, will give the Omaha-based dealership its first Cadillac and Chevrolet franchises in Nebraska. Woodhouse also has a Chevrolet and Buick dealership in Missouri Valley, Iowa.

In Omaha, the two General Motors brands will join the Buick and GMC dealership Woodhouse has at 11911 I St.

“We’re excited because it helps us increase our footprint for General Motors in the Omaha metro,” said Jason Pittack, dealer principal at Woodhouse. “We have some good synergies that fit well together. It’s a nice move for our organization.”

Pittack said Woodhouse will now have 20 stores and 20 vehicle brands under its umbrella. The Huber dealership is in west Omaha at 11102 West Dodge Road.
It's not clear what is happening with the Huber location. Maybe Woodhouse plans to sell it to a developer?
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Better access at 119th. Plus, your flood risk is from heck creek and not the big Papio. What sort of development would go there?
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

A couple more years and every dealership will be owned by Woodhouse or Baxter…

I’ve thought this space would be a good candidate for redevelopment. The property is massive and seems underutilized.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

H&H will close their long-standing 84th and “L” location when they relocate off of Hwy 370 and I-80 in about 14 months.
I’m guessing that corner is ripe for redevelopment.
Trips1
Home Owners Association

Post by Trips1 »

It looks like GM would not approve the transfer of Huber to Woodhouse. I wonder why that would be.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

Trips1 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:59 pm It looks like GM would not approve the transfer of Huber to Woodhouse. I wonder why that would be.
Maybe the same umbrella would hold Caddy and Lincoln?
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Prior to H&H moving, it could have been that 120th & L was too close to 84th & L. Might still not want that move to occur until after H&H moves. Perhaps they didn't feel that Woodhouse had enough room in their 120th & L facility. I'd argue that the Huber footprint is larger.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

Imagine my surprise when I saw Hailey and Hannah frontin' for H&H Mopar, they bought the Baxter franchise! Here's the skinny: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... ealerships
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Huh... I wonder why Baxter got getting out of selling Stellantis products. Those brands represented most of what they sold for many years.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:23 pm Huh... I wonder why Baxter got getting out of selling Stellantis products. Those brands represented most of what they sold for many years.
It is curious. Baxter also sold all their body shops to B Street, I found out.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:23 pm Huh... I wonder why Baxter got getting out of selling Stellantis products. Those brands represented most of what they sold for many years.
I read that they want to focus on geographically expanding. Maybe markets they are targeting, likely Midwest, already have Stellantis dealers versus Toyota/Lexus, VW, Honda, and their other international brands?
S.O.Boy
Human Relations

Post by S.O.Boy »

nativeomahan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:42 am H&H will close their long-standing 84th and “L” location when they relocate off of Hwy 370 and I-80 in about 14 months.
I’m guessing that corner is ripe for redevelopment.
On Next Door it was said Kia is moving there and 84 & F will be redeveloped
Trips1
Home Owners Association

Post by Trips1 »

Two thirds of Ford dealers have joined Ford's Model E Business for 2024 - 2026. These dealerships will only sell electric vehicles at MSRP and have demo units but no inventory. These locations will look more like an Apple store then a giant parking lot.

The only change for the existing dealerships will be that they can't sell EV's.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

H&H opens Monday, according to their signs along I-80 betw. NE-50 and NE-370.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Trips1 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:59 pm It looks like GM would not approve the transfer of Huber to Woodhouse. I wonder why that would be.
Well, now the transfer is complete.... it's now Woodhouse Cadillac and Chevrolet.

Whether that means that Woodhouse is moving the Chevy/Caddy dealerships to 120th & I... or moving the GMC/Buick dealerships to 114th & Dodge isn't announced. (I'd argue they'd have more space to work with on Dodge, if GM insists on having separate showrooms for each brand...)