Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Cutchall Management Business News

Post by Brad »

Cutchall Management Business News

Dining Notes: Purchase, expansion plan is a Sonic boom

http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3945&u_sid=10532837
NICHOLE AKSAMIT, WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:The Omaha-based group that owns Burger Star and several local Famous Dave's, Paradise Bakery and Sonic locations has purchased nine corporate Sonics in Omaha and Fremont. It also inked a deal to build at least five more in the Omaha, Council Bluffs and Lincoln areas in the next five years.

Greg Cutchall, chief executive officer of Cutchall Management, said that he could not disclose the purchase price but that he finalized the deal with the Sonic Corp. this week.

The purchase means that Cutchall's group now owns all 16 Sonics in the area and has better control over the brand and its advertising here.

"It's always difficult to share the market with other operators," he said. "This is definitely a much better situation for us."

Cutchall said he retained all employees at the newly purchased locations.

The company also owns some Tin Star locations in Dallas and hopes to launch an Old Chicago in Kansas City's Power and Light District later this year, Cutchall said. The company sold its 12 Popeyes locations last March.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

I drove by the one in Fremont today at about 12:20...  not a single car there.
Stable genius.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Cutchall owned all the Sonic's when they first opened, then sold some back.   Seems like an odd move to buy something back that you had previously owned.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

According to city council documents, a new Sonic going in on part of the Lowes Property at 76th and Dodge Street:

http://www.cityofomaha.org/cityclerk/im ... g/312a.pdf
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

I have nothing against Sonic, or Cutchall, other than the food sucks |expletive|. In an attempt to get some late night munchies last weekend, it was the saddle creek sonic we chose.

It was absolutely disgusting. Everything tastes the same... the cheeseballs tasted like yeast balls; the tator tots tasted like donut holes; and the chiken strips tasted like the cheeseballs and tator tots.

You know that when you've been out all night having drinks and you eat food and it sucks, then it must REALLY suck, and probably not desirable when you're sober.

In summary, Sonic BLOWS |expletive|.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

I don't think I've voluntarily eaten at a Sonics in over a decade.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Other than the shakes, I think Sonic has the best fast food around.  Note I'm talking fast food.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

S33 wrote:I have nothing against Sonic, or Cutchall, other than the food sucks |expletive|. In an attempt to get some late night munchies last weekend, it was the saddle creek sonic we chose.

It was absolutely disgusting. Everything tastes the same... the cheeseballs tasted like yeast balls; the tator tots tasted like donut holes; and the chiken strips tasted like the cheeseballs and tator tots.

You know that when you've been out all night having drinks and you eat food and it sucks, then it must REALLY suck, and probably not desirable when you're sober.

They must use the same fryer for everything and go a long time between changing the oil.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Seth wrote:
S33 wrote:I have nothing against Sonic, or Cutchall, other than the food sucks |expletive|. In an attempt to get some late night munchies last weekend, it was the saddle creek sonic we chose.

They must use the same fryer for everything and go a long time between changing the oil.
That's what I've always thought. Like S33 said, everything tastes the same. To me, it tastes like carnival food.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

OSILayer8Support wrote:it tastes like carnival food.
EXACTLY