News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Interpublic Group - Huge for Omaha!

Post by Brad »

Interpublic Group

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1 ... d=10626214
STEVE JORDON WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:One of the world's largest advertising and public relations companies is consolidating and moving its global information technology base to Omaha from London, Hong Kong, New York City and Chicago.

The shift by Interpublic Group of New York could spur other companies to do the same, Omaha business recruiters say.

Omaha "has a high degree of potential," said Joe Farrelly, Interpublic's chief information officer. "When we're thinking about doing anything, we think of Omaha."

Farrelly is in Omaha today with a dozen top Interpublic executives to see the first of the relocated IT offices and to discuss the benefits of expanding the Omaha operations.

In December, Interpublic opened its help desk, which had been in New York City at Omaha's Scott Technology Center, which is affiliated with the University of Nebraska's Peter Kiewit Institute.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Great news, but the article didn't mention how many new jobs and where they plan to expand with new construction.

It just talked about the existing relationship with the Scott Technology Center and how many people are currently employed in Omaha.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

This is what I thought was HUGE:
is consolidating and moving its global information technology base to Omaha from London, Hong Kong, New York City and Chicago
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Great news, but the article didn't mention how many new jobs and where they plan to expand with new construction.

It just talked about the existing relationship with the Scott Technology Center and how many people are currently employed in Omaha.
I believe the "huge" part is that company uses many other companies as development partners. Meaning, the recruiters are excited about the prospect of many other business following them here to Omaha. I may be wrong and I will try to see if I can find anything else out.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

S33 wrote:
StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Great news, but the article didn't mention how many new jobs and where they plan to expand with new construction.

I believe the "huge" part is that company uses many other companies as development partners. Meaning, the recruiters are excited about the prospect of many other business following them here to Omaha. I may be wrong and I will try to see if I can find anything else out.
Right. I'm still waiting to hear specifics on number of jobs and location of a new building (if any). Did you mean to quote me? ;)
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:
S33 wrote:

Right. I'm still waiting to hear specifics on number of jobs and location of a new building (if any). Did you mean to quote me? ;)
Yeah I meant to but I kinda spaced off. What I meant is I will try to find more info as we are in the process of a data center start-up in that location. Not sure that will help but it wouldn't hurt if I poke around a bit.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

This is great news for Omaha! Exactly what we need. Sounds like good news for Aksarben Village too, if that's where they'll end up. Channel 7 news said they're bringing 30 employees to the Scott Center, ....I was hoping for more, and in their own building. We'll have to wait and see.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.