News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

CDC Enterprises Inc

Post by Brad »

CDC Enterprises Inc

http://www.omaha.com/article/20090630/NEWS01/906309978
Maggie O'Brien, OWH wrote:A Minnesota company that makes environmentally friendly air duct piping announced plans today to open a plant in north Omaha, where it is expected to eventually create as many as 200 jobs.

CDC Enterprises Inc. will begin producing the plastic pipe used in heating and cooling once the company finds the right location, said President Jon Jugers.

Mayor Jim Suttle said the plant will create 30 jobs initially. That number eventually could grow to about 200, he said. The initiative is being funded, in part, with federal stimulus money.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

I'm confused....  A company has announced plans to move here, but they haven't picked a location yet, but yet somehow know it'll be located in North O?  Seems like an odd announcement.  

Well, if and when and wherever this materializes, 30-200 additional jobs, somewhere in North O, is great.  Just seems a little premature to announce.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I would assume there are some sort of incentives which they are being offered to locate in north Omaha... presumably with the help of the North Omaha Development Project.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
justnick
Human Relations

Post by justnick »

I hope this takes up some of the old Parker Street Projects space. It would be a shame to see it left empty for too long.