FLickr

Share your photographs and videos taken from around the metro

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

FLickr

Post by nebugeater »

Anyone else use Flickr?

What changed?  I have used Flickr for more than four years.  I have posted photos on here many times from my Flickr account.  It appears that there is a policy change at Flickr and the direct link that I have always posted to this board is no longer available.  The HTML code that is available and works on a variety of other boards I have posted on does not work here, and the Link to photo that is now provided is not a link to just the photo but the flickr page so it will not display here as a jpg or any other photo types.  Anyone know if there is another way or if I am missing something simple that has changed.  Any help would be great.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

They made some major changes maybe a month or so ago. It was confusing at first, but I've learned to work around it. You can still post photos to boards and such.

Be sure your photos are viewable to everyone and that everything is set very permissive. Then view the actual photo, no, not the photo surrounded by a page of various detritus, but the real photo only. Then copy-paste that URL into what you want.

For an example, that sophomoric double-meaning streetcorner sign I recently posted in another thread was done this way.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

If anyone else has a Flickr Pro acount yo should log on and take advnatage of a free three month addition.  No strings attached.  I saw this in the Slickdeals web site today and when I went to check it out it was as simple as clicking a link.

here is the link to the Slick Deal info.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/86614/f ... flickr-pro

Not sure how long this offer lasts.  Also it looks like you are not a Pro account you can get the three months free with this too to see how you like it.
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

Nice! Thanks!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

WOW, major changes to the home page for Flickr that are new tonight.  Last logged in the AM and there were no changes.  Been exploring the new layout a bit and so far I say I like it.   About time they updated there 5+ year old look.
Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

The new flickr looks amazing! I hadn't used it for a couple of years (switched to 500px) but I reactivated my account tonight and am loving it so far!

Here is my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ulness/
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Collin wrote:The new flickr looks amazing! I hadn't used it for a couple of years (switched to 500px) but I reactivated my account tonight and am loving it so far!

Just spent a bit of time looking at your Flickr photos.  Nice stuff!
Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

nebugeater wrote:
Collin wrote:The new flickr looks amazing! I hadn't used it for a couple of years (switched to 500px) but I reactivated my account tonight and am loving it so far!

Just spent a bit of time looking at your Flickr photos.  Nice stuff!
Yay my first "Contact" on there! haha. You've got some great photos too!
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

nebugeater wrote:WOW, major changes to the home page for Flickr that are new tonight.  Last logged in the AM and there were no changes.  Been exploring the new layout a bit and so far I say I like it.   About time they updated there 5+ year old look.

Thank Marissa Mayer - ever since she took over yahoo she demanded the change of Flickr and the yahoo homepage. Now that they bought tumblr I only see many more great changes coming! She has been great so far!
Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

One cool thing I found is that you can submit your Flickr photos to the Yahoo! Weather app! It uses the location of the photo and tags for the weather conditions. Pretty cool! Here are some of mine.

Last edited by Collin on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

Collin wrote:One cool thing I found is that you can submit your Flickr photos to the Yahoo! Weather app! It uses the location of the photo and tags for the weather conditions. Pretty cool! Here are some of mine.

Hey Collin!  Great work! I saw UNL posted this on Facebook the other day
Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

Hey Collin!  Great work! I saw UNL posted this on Facebook the other day
Wow I had no idea that this was posted on the UNL CoJMC Facebook page and shared by UNL! Thank you so much for pointing this out!