YouTube programming question

Share your photographs and videos taken from around the metro

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

YouTube programming question

Post by bigredmed »

I am putting together an education tool using a nonprofit channel.   I want to put a active URL at the end of the teaching video.   I will be using Powerpoint to build the videos.  I thought that I would put a live link at the end of the video.   Has anyone done that?  Any other ideas?
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Once you upload your video you can use the annotations too on youtube to add the links.

in your video manager click on the "edit" dropbox and then select annotations.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

almighty_tuna wrote:Once you upload your video you can use the annotations too on youtube to add the links.

in your video manager click on the "edit" dropbox and then select annotations.
Thank you.   Many of my target audience think a PC is the limit of technology.   I worry about their ability to use the annotations.  Any advice to boost the odds of getting the users to do the link in the annotations?
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

I would make sure to target your users specifically. Keep the annotation short and sweet. Another alternative would be to utilize your description as a place to put the link (or to point out the annotation). That may be better for users who might otherwise miss the annotation at the end or be confused by it.