Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

skinzfan23
City Council

A few from my trip to Yankton and Sioux Falls, SD

Post by skinzfan23 »

1.  Gavins Point Dam, Yankton
3. Falls Park, Sioux Falls
7. Petrified Wood entrance
8.  Devil's Gulch north of Sioux Falls (rumor is that after a bank robbery in Minnesota, Jesse James jumped the 15ft canyon on his horse to evade being captured)
11. Japanese Gardens, Sioux Falls
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Nice!  

The photo of the falls in Sioux Falls reminds me of when the1wags and I were in West VA last fall shooing waterfalls and the people were just hanging out and all in the way of our shots...
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

My hometown area

Devil's Gulch is in Garretson

Falls Park - Sioux Falls has put a lot of work into the riverfront over the last 20-30.  In the first Falls picture you can see the remains of the Queen Bee Mill

There is a bike path that follows the river all around the city.  They also open up an area this summer where they had a RiverFest last weekend --- Image
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

We really enjoyed Sioux Falls.  I haven't been there in over 5 yrs and I was amazed at how much it has grown.  Taking a look back at the 1990 census the population was just 100,000, but the 2012 estimate is now nearly 160,000.  This may be the fastest growing city in the midwest.  

We can't wait to go back.  Great city and friendly people.  It seemed like they had quite a few of the same stores and restaurants that Omaha has....so it was nice and we felt right at home.

Everything appeared very clean and I wish I would have taken a few more pics around town because they have some areas that I think Omaha could learn from.  I also noticed a park that has a battleship display similar to the proposal we currently have for the area near Levi Carter Park by the airport. I looked really nice. Here is a picture:
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »