Joslyn and Highline

Share your photographs and videos taken from around the metro

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Joslyn and Highline

Post by Brad »

Joslyn and Highline.

I have been waiting to "re-photograph: the Joslyn Art Museum once the Highline Apartment Building was all finished up.  Last night I was able to complete that goal.

guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Looks great Brad.. I think the Highline is going to make a bigger impact on the skyline than most people would have ever thought.. Is there any facade update in the works? It seems like all this building needs is an exterior update and it would be one of the best Downtown Apartments.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

guitarguy wrote:Looks great Brad.. I think the Highline is going to make a bigger impact on the skyline than most people would have ever thought.. Is there any facade update in the works? It seems like all this building needs is an exterior update and it would be one of the best Downtown Apartments.
Thanks.  

I haven't heard of any exterior removation.  For some reason, I don't seem to mind it as much anymore.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Brad wrote:
guitarguy wrote:Looks great Brad.. I think the Highline is going to make a bigger impact on the skyline than most people would have ever thought.. Is there any facade update in the works? It seems like all this building needs is an exterior update and it would be one of the best Downtown Apartments.
Thanks.  

I haven't heard of any exterior removation.  For some reason, I don't seem to mind it as much anymore.
I agree. Now that they've went and done something useful with it and it is lit up and such, I like it much more. I actually like the silver/grey part running up the middle of the building. I think the time to spruce up the exterior has come an gone, since it has people living in it now.

Brad:

Did you use any special lenses to widen the shot? For some reason, The Highline looks wider than I remember.

Otherwise, expert work as always.  :yes:
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Thanks!  Nope, just my regular Canon 16-35.  Looks about right to me.  Most people do see it from the sides and its actually quite wide.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I really enjoy the view from Joslyn's sculpture garden.  It is a very restful place.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

nativeomahan wrote:I really enjoy the view from Joslyn's sculpture garden.  It is a very restful place.
I must have been there at least 5 times in the last few years and it never really occurred to me to check out the sculpture garden. I'll have to remind myself of that next time I go.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride