Ak-Sar-Ben

Share your photographs and videos taken from around the metro

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Ak-Sar-Ben

Post by Coyote »

For those of you who haven't been by AkSarBen here are some recent photos - here's to future developments.

OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

Wow, too bad I was only in the place once about 12 years ago, I don't have much or a rememberance of the inside. Hopefully somehthing good will locate there, its a great piece of land.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I can still remember sitting rink-side at my first hockey game with my dad and brother, my first concert, my first horse race, my first hot air baloon glow, and my highschool graduation. lots of memories. The place was a dump in its final years, but it is still a little sad to see it gone.
yelley
New to the Neighborhood

Post by yelley »

Was back in town over the weekend and drove by; hadn't been back in about 2 years. So odd to look over from the interstate and be able to see all the way to the Crossroads.

So many Ak-Sar-Ben memories. I grew up about 6 blocks from there and my parents used to take us to the races. Went to River City Roundup and hockey games. Taught my niece to ice skate at the rink. Concerts...ah memories. Sad to see it go. :cry:
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

BIG TIME THREAD REVIVAL!

I was thinking this weekend, I really do not have any recollection of what the inside of the AKSARBEN Coliseum looked like.  I remember going to see the Racers and Lancers there, but can't remember what the inside looked like.  Anyone have any photos lying around?  With the amount of Lancer fans on here, there has to be some. :D
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:BIG TIME THREAD REVIVAL!

I was thinking this weekend, I really do not have any recollection of what the inside of the AKSARBEN Coliseum looked like.  I remember going to see the Racers and Lancers there, but can't remember what the inside looked like.  Anyone have any photos lying around?  With the amount of Lancer fans on here, there has to be some. :D
I don't have anything.  I also have not been able to find anything either...