Colorado Fall Photo Trip 2015

Share your photographs and videos taken from around the metro

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Colorado Fall Photo Trip 2015

Post by Brad »

Finally found the time to get my photos posted up from the Fall 2015 Colorado Photography trip that Josh (the1wags) and I went on. Also, stay tuned, I am finally almost finished with my 2014 fall photos too... :shock:

All original photos are high enough resolution that they are easily printable at 40"x60". If you want to see them at a larger size then eomaha allows, check them out on my website: http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com/colorado.html

1. The Beaver Pond in the Sneffel's Range, Mt Sneffels is on the left. San Juan Mountains.

2. The LaPlata Mountains in Southern Colorado

3. Sneffel's Range, Mt Sneffels is on the left. San Juan Mountains.

4. The LaPlata Mountains in Southern Colorado

5. Capitol Peak

6. Mt Sneffels rising above the clouds

7. Storm over Beaver Park. West of Telluride

8. Mt Wilson

9. Sneffels before the snow.

10. Chimney Peak. Where a scene from True Grit was filmed.

11. Capitol Peak in Color

12. Sneffels Range in after a storm

13. Sneffels Range again, after the storm revealing fresh snow!

14. Mesa Verde

15. Alien Eggs at Bisti Badlands
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: Colorado Fall Photo Trip 2015

Post by skinzfan23 »

Great shots! Are you able to walk around at Mesa Verde, or is that the closest they allow?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

skinzfan23 wrote:Great shots! Are you able to walk around at Mesa Verde, or is that the closest they allow?
Thanks.

If I remember correctly that one is called "Cliff Palace" and you can tour it, but you need a ticket and its guided and I think only so many a day.

We did another one called Spruce Tree House and you can tour it yourself. Parts are roped off, but you can walk in part of it.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Those are really cool!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

HR Paperstacks wrote:Those are really cool!
Thanks!
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Oh, wow, Brad. Those are awesome, awesome photos! I've always loved SW Colorado and that Sneffels Range with the craggy peaks mixed with the aspen forests. That is my favorite range in Colorado, in fact. My family mostly focuses on Estes Park & the RM National Park, but I always tell them to go visit that area. I've been to Telluride before. I love all the towering aspens in that area. I've looked at picture books my entire life, so I was plenty aware of that Sneffels Range, but I had never seen or heard of that Chimney Peak feature of CO before this thread. How beautiful.

Mesa Verde NP: So funny, I read two novels based on the Anasazi Indians over the winter months (one novel was actually set in Mesa Verde), and I told my dad (who lives in the Denver area) about 2 months back that I want to go visit Mesa Verde NP this summer, and asked if he wanted to go. I really want to see that Cliff Palace. I looked on a CO map, and asked my Dad, and he said it is about 8 hours from Denver. So, I figured it would at least have to be a 4-day trip from Omaha. I also was concerned about limited lodging in the area. I'm not sure if it will work this summer or not, but would like to go. Any pointers?
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

RockHarbor wrote:Oh, wow, Brad. Those are awesome, awesome photos! I've always loved SW Colorado and that Sneffels Range with the craggy peaks mixed with the aspen forests. That is my favorite range in Colorado, in fact. My family mostly focuses on Estes Park & the RM National Park, but I always tell them to go visit that area. I've been to Telluride before. I love all the towering aspens in that area. I've looked at picture books my entire life, so I was plenty aware of that Sneffels Range, but I had never seen or heard of that Chimney Peak feature of CO before this thread. How beautiful.

Mesa Verde NP: So funny, I read two novels based on the Anasazi Indians over the winter months (one novel was actually set in Mesa Verde), and I told my dad (who lives in the Denver area) about 2 months back that I want to go visit Mesa Verde NP this summer, and asked if he wanted to go. I really want to see that Cliff Palace. I looked on a CO map, and asked my Dad, and he said it is about 8 hours from Denver. So, I figured it would at least have to be a 4-day trip from Omaha. I also was concerned about limited lodging in the area. I'm not sure if it will work this summer or not, but would like to go. Any pointers?
Thanks!

Mesa Verde is only 40 min from Durango. There are plenty of hotels in Durango. Also, the 2 photos of the "LaPlata Mountains" are 1/2 way between Durango and Mesa Verde

Durango is also home to the Durango and Silverton Railroad (First two photos in this thread: http://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17627 ). and it also has a great old downtown.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

What more can be said. Excellence in photography Brad. So vivid. So vibrant..

Top notch all the way :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Thanks Lou!
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Brad wrote:
RockHarbor wrote:Oh, wow, Brad. Those are awesome, awesome photos! I've always loved SW Colorado and that Sneffels Range with the craggy peaks mixed with the aspen forests. That is my favorite range in Colorado, in fact. My family mostly focuses on Estes Park & the RM National Park, but I always tell them to go visit that area. I've been to Telluride before. I love all the towering aspens in that area. I've looked at picture books my entire life, so I was plenty aware of that Sneffels Range, but I had never seen or heard of that Chimney Peak feature of CO before this thread. How beautiful.

Thanks!

Mesa Verde is only 40 min from Durango. There are plenty of hotels in Durango. Also, the 2 photos of the "LaPlata Mountains" are 1/2 way between Durango and Mesa Verde

Durango is also home to the Durango and Silverton Railroad (First two photos in this thread: http://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17627 ). and it also has a great old downtown.
Thanks, Brad!
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.