Does anybody have photos inside of the old Richman Gordmans on 90th?

Share your photographs and videos taken from around the metro

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Does anybody have photos inside of the old Richman Gordmans on 90th?

Post by Silverspoon »

I was talking about that particular location with some coworkers today and I remember there was a play area in either the NE or SE corner of the store where they had a small slide. I was only like 5 when that location closed, but thats what I remember from it. Id love to see some interior photos and see if that play area shows up.
Jim Flowers rules!
Brad
City Council

Re: Does anybody have photos inside of the old Richman Gordmans on 90th?

Post by Brad »

I believe the Omaha World Herald had some the other day. I can't remember if it was in an RG story or more of an old photo feature they did.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Here are some inside shots of the 120th and Blondo store from the World Herald:

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

skinzfan23 wrote:Here are some inside shots of the 120th and Blondo store from the World Herald:
I'm about 99.9% sure those are are miss labeled and not even the same store...

The first photo is a drop ceiling and some sort of textured wall. The second has an open ceiling along with a peg board wall.

The second one might be 73rd and Blondo because that playground was in the basement and the open ceiling shows a fairly large beam like its in a basement.

Finally, to the best of my memory, there was never a store at 120 and Blondo.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

You are right, they are at different locations. The second picture was captioned saying that is the store they were moved to after 120th and Blondo. But I agree, I am not sure they are correct.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Those pics pretty much for sure look like the store that was on 73rd & Blondo. I should be able to remember considering I played on those animals about 50 times. I'm sure people will find it hard to believe but I even got banned and thrown out of that play ground a few times :oops:

Back in the early 70s that playground was twice as big and had 2 elephants and 3 or 4 more animals. They ended up taking half the animals to another store but I can't remember which one it was. There was a guy down on about 30th & R in the late 90's that had bought one of those elephants for $200 bucks and painted it with a paint brush and kept it in his front yard.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Welcome back Brad. You have been MIA

Brad wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:Here are some inside shots of the 120th and Blondo store from the World Herald:
I'm about 99.9% sure those are are miss labeled and not even the same store...

The first photo is a drop ceiling and some sort of textured wall. The second has an open ceiling along with a peg board wall.

The second one might be 73rd and Blondo because that playground was in the basement and the open ceiling shows a fairly large beam like its in a basement.

Finally, to the best of my memory, there was never a store at 120 and Blondo.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote:Welcome back Brad. You have been MIA
Thanks. Yeah, its been a couple weeks.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

When was Richman Gordman ever at 120th & Blondo? I can't even picture what structure would house a big box store there. I remember that "North Park" (office park) going up in the early 90's, and it was a field then. The other corners don't have a big box store.

When I was a kid, I was also fascinated by that dino park in the corner of the store on 132nd & Center. Seeing those dinos is nostalgic -- for sure.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.