*Urgent StreetsOfOmaha Camera Update*

Share your photographs and videos taken from around the metro

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

*Urgent StreetsOfOmaha Camera Update*

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Well, today is my birthday........and guess what I got. A new camera!!!

It was totally unexpected, too. I got an Olympus C-8080!!, as opposed to my previous Olympus C-4040. In laymen's terms, this new camera has 8 MEGAPIXELS!!!!! 8!

So now, we will all engage in a solumn ceremony, recognizing the outstanding acheivements of my C-4040.

Over the past two years, I took nearly 4,000 photos with that camera alone. We went a lot of places, saw lots of great urban scenes, laughed, and cried. But now it's time to say goodbye, as I pass it on to my dad, who will use the camera at his veterinary office...a major upgrade from his current 6 year old Sony Mavica.

Would anyone else like to say a few words before we say our final goodbyes?
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Minneapolis Boy
Library Board

Post by Minneapolis Boy »

Happy Birthday, Aaron! Congratulations on the new camera. The old one did a fine job, but I'm looking forward to the awesome pictures you will post with the new camera! How soon can viewers expect to see some new Omaha pics? It's been pretty scarce on ssp.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Yes... Happy Birthday Aaron and congratulations on the new equipment! Look forward to seeing the results!

Those 8080's look to be a pretty nice camera for the price as well! Where will it all end! (I'm glad my wife didn't run out and invest 2 grand in an SLR Nikon D1! we'll wait a while longer)
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Thanks a lot, guys!

I know that Omaha representation of SSP has been a little scarce lately. I've just been like 10 times busier this summer than I've ever been, which makes it hard to get out and take leisurely photo strolls. Also, I'm leaving the city tomorrow to go to New Mexico for a family reunion, so you guys will all have to wait at least a week, until I get back, to see the next great Omaha photo thread. But I promise you it will be soon.

Also, sometime before the summer's over, I'm going to try to get up in a plane to take some custom aerials of downtown. That should be amazing, and we could hopefully all look for some new postcards out of it as well.

Thanks again, guys.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
edsas
Human Relations

Post by edsas »

Happy birthday, Aaron. Looking forward to some great pictures. :)
Minneapolis Boy
Library Board

Post by Minneapolis Boy »

Yeah, I'm sure you must be busy. Aren't you doing an internship this summer? Anyway, we can practice patience with expectation!