Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:13 am

I just saw we have BC coming to Lincoln as part of the Big 10 ACC Challenge:

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml ... 22&SPID=24

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:52 pm

Opening against UCF in the Advocare Invitational in Orlando on Thanksgiving:

http://www.3newsnow.com/omahasportsinsi ... anksgiving

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:36 am


Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:55 am

Huskers get a local commit for 2018:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruit ... a29d6.html

User avatar
bmt
Home Owners Association
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:46 pm
Location: Hastings

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby bmt » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Greg S wrote:Huskers get a local commit for 2018:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruit ... a29d6.html


He is going to need at least a redshirt year to get big ten ready physically but has a lot of potential. Pretty similar body to Patton at that age. I think Miles/Nebraska know they can't afford to miss on any more in state big guys(Patton, Daum, Eliason, Matt Hill, etc...).

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6082
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:08 am

bmt wrote:
Greg S wrote:Huskers get a local commit for 2018:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruit ... a29d6.html


He is going to need at least a redshirt year to get big ten ready physically but has a lot of potential. Pretty similar body to Patton at that age. I think Miles/Nebraska know they can't afford to miss on any more in state big guys(Patton, Daum, Eliason, Matt Hill, etc...).


Between his Sr HS year and a red shirt year if he ever plays for Miles then Miles will have had some success this season and next. If he does not have a decent year this year I think his time will run out.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

GrandpaaSmucker
Home Owners Association
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby GrandpaaSmucker » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:27 am

nebugeater wrote:
bmt wrote:
Greg S wrote:Huskers get a local commit for 2018:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruit ... a29d6.html


He is going to need at least a redshirt year to get big ten ready physically but has a lot of potential. Pretty similar body to Patton at that age. I think Miles/Nebraska know they can't afford to miss on any more in state big guys(Patton, Daum, Eliason, Matt Hill, etc...).


Between his Sr HS year and a red shirt year if he ever plays for Miles then Miles will have had some success this season and next. If he does not have a decent year this year I think his time will run out.


The fact that the Nebraska Basketball Team will get beat on like a dog this season and not even come close to making the NCAA Tournament is no guarantee that he will be fired this year. Miles is as bad of a basketball coach as Nebraska has ever had. What he is really good at is making people like him despite the fact that he is doing a lousy job. I have pretty much lost all hope of him getting fired anytime soon.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6082
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:01 am

Small positive step for this season.

Transfer Isaac Copeland was cleared to play the entire season by the NCAA rather than just the second semester after getting a repose to the NCAA request this week. He is the transfer from Georgetown. Many thought the repose would not come until a day or two before the season started.

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/9/12/16 ... ble-season
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:08 am


Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:48 am

NU adds and exhibition against Mississippi State Sunday:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/nebr ... 28034.html

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6082
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Greg S wrote:NU adds and exhibition against Mississippi State Sunday:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/nebr ... 28034.html




That's actually pretty cool
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:20 am

Big 10 moving to a 20 game conference schedule next year. I am sure their TV partners love this:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ext-season

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6082
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Greg S wrote:Big 10 moving to a 20 game conference schedule next year. I am sure their TV partners love this:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ext-season



Love it..... or demand it.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:50 am

nebugeater wrote:
Greg S wrote:Big 10 moving to a 20 game conference schedule next year. I am sure their TV partners love this:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ext-season



Love it..... or demand it.



Or most likely, negotiated it in the last TV deal.

Greg


Return to “Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest