2012 MLB All-Star Game

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

2012 MLB All-Star Game

Post by Coyote »

Commissioner to announce Wednesday that KC will host 2012 All-Star Game
KansasCity.com wrote:And if you haven’t heard yet, the Royals are opening the Kauffman Stadium gates at 4:30 p.m. — roughly one hour earlier than normal — so fans with tickets can watch a “special on-field announcement from Major League Baseball” in which Selig is expected to officially grant the Royals and Kansas City the 2012 All-Star Game.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

AMAZING!  They deserved it after that fantastic renovation.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Awesome!  It would be great to get down there!  Even if just for the Home Run Derby for something!

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I thought we had a MLB thread.  I guess this works here...

In case you missed it, there was an awesome moment at Yankee Stadium tonight when Pettitte and Jeter came out to get Mo after his last pitch in Yankee Stadium.

Of course the folks over at WOWT thought it was more important to show the skers on a bye week than this big moment in baseball history...

http://atmlb.com/18sYn2l
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Even though I absolutely hate the Yankees, I agree this was special. But it looks like KC will end up with a better record this year and better prospect for next year while the Yankees...

Todd Helton has his last game in Denver yesterday, they had a great send off, even giving him a horse with a Rockies saddle, his daughters came out in the 9th and stole first base, tributes from others throughout the game, even some from his old team mate Peyton Manning...