2011 Nebraska football

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Stargazer wrote:time and time again you hear recruits citing Nebraska's 'academics'.
Not saying NU's are bad.  Just saying if you had the opportunity to get a free Stanford education, why in the world would you take one from NU?

I'd beg to redshirt so I could walk out with a master's in something.
Stable genius.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I wasn't really saying they were good either... just thought it's funny that many recruits are touting it.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Stargazer wrote: ... just thought it's funny that many recruits are touting it.
Translation: I think I can get in and stay eligible.
Stable genius.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

Stargazer wrote:I wasn't really saying they were good either... just thought it's funny that many recruits are touting it.

Depends on the program and interest of study...Suh was quoted saying the Engineering program helped him choose NU.  But it's all relative.  If Stanford didn't have a solid football program now I think we could've got him.  But of course they do and academically it's one of the top schools in the country.  Of course we're never going to compete academically with Stanford.  If Peat blows out a knee he still get a degree from Stanford.  For him not to go there is like having a winning lottery ticket and saying no I'm going to play football instead.