Horsemen's Park

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28462
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Horsemen's Park

Postby Brad » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Horsemen's Park 2011 Live Racing Weekend!

First Race Post Time:
Thursday 7/21 6pm - Band = Lemon Fresh Day
Friday 7/22 6pm - Band = Lemon Fresh Day
Saturday 7/23 2pm - Band = High Heel
Sunday 7/24 2pm - Band =Southpaw

A great weekend to head out to the Track!
Last edited by Brad on Thu May 09, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28462
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Postby Brad » Thu May 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Live Racing at Horseman's Park this weekend.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28462
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Postby Brad » Sat May 11, 2013 12:17 am

Camel Racing tomorrow between the third and fourth race.

Me tonight:
Image


Also Emeu racing after the 5th race.






.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28462
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Postby Brad » Sat May 11, 2013 10:10 am

Camel and Ostrich Racing today!

The Camels race after race 3 and the Ostriches race after race 5.

I would Assume that would translate to approximately 3pm and 4pm.

Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28462
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby Brad » Tue May 06, 2014 10:17 pm

17th Annual Live Racing Weekend!!!

This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28462
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby Brad » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:58 am

Live Racing 2016

Horseman's gets two weekends this year!
5/20 Thru 5/22
and
7/29 Thru 7/30
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28462
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby Brad » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:45 am

Live Racing 2017

http://www.omaha.com/sports/local-sport ... user-share

July 7-9, 21-22 and 28-29
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28462
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby Brad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:32 am

Lights? Nice!

Patterson: Horsemen's Park General Manager Mike Newlin will never rest in quest to improve track

http://www.omaha.com/sports/local-sport ... 87055.html

Mike Patterson / World-Herald staff writer wrote:The track just concluded its seven-day meet, the most it has ever run. The total attendance was 43,500 (6,214 average), and that number probably would have been higher if stifling heat hadn’t affected the middle racing weekend.


Mike Patterson / World-Herald staff writer wrote:Newlin has another dream that would impact racing, though this one won’t come cheap. He would like to add lights so that fans can stay later and wager on additional races.

“I’m not sure of the cost yet, but I’m looking into getting some bids,” he said. “To be able to race later, especially on Friday nights, would be huge for us.”
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

bigredmed1
Home Owners Association
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby bigredmed1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:36 am

Later racing and a 4th week. Add in some shuttle parking from Ralston Arena or Ralston HS or some other open parking area. I like watching the live races, but getting there and finding parking is a barrier.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28462
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby Brad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:11 am

They use to run shuttles to the Ralston Arena when the parking along the creek filled up, but I haven't seen that fill up the past two years. Granted, we usually only make it one or two days each year. This year we went on the really nice saturday last weekend and the area by the creek wasn't even close to full.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:50 pm

It's just incredible to go back and remember the Omaha most of us grew up in (Those of us 35 years of age or older at least).. Had a major, top 10 mutual handle horse race track and an annual 60 day summer meet (AkSarBen)..

Oh the memories...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6081
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby nebugeater » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:It's just incredible to go back and remember the Omaha most of us grew up in (Those of us 35 years of age or older at least).. Had a major, top 10 mutual handle horse race track and an annual 60 day summer meet (AkSarBen)..

Oh the memories...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


And the race results were covered every night on the TV sports news for EVERY race.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:32 pm

nebugeater wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:It's just incredible to go back and remember the Omaha most of us grew up in (Those of us 35 years of age or older at least).. Had a major, top 10 mutual handle horse race track and an annual 60 day summer meet (AkSarBen)..

Oh the memories...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


And the race results were covered every night on the TV sports news for EVERY race.


Indeed..

As Archie and Edith Bunker once sang- "Those were the days"...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28462
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby Brad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:36 pm

As a kid I even remember they playing Terry Wallace's call of the race. This is the first year I don't remember Horseman's Park having Terry Wallace doing the races? Did he do any of the first 5 days?
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Brad wrote:As a kid I even remember they playing Terry Wallace's call of the race. This is the first year I don't remember Horseman's Park having Terry Wallace doing the races? Did he do any of the first 5 days?


Oh yes, the TV stations would usually feature the stretch call by Terry Wallace of the daily feature race (usually race 7 of the 9 race card)..

I wonder, too, if Wallace called any races at Horseman's this year :?: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

l-dude2
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:04 am

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby l-dude2 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:12 am

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
Brad wrote:As a kid I even remember they playing Terry Wallace's call of the race. This is the first year I don't remember Horseman's Park having Terry Wallace doing the races? Did he do any of the first 5 days?


Oh yes, the TV stations would usually feature the stretch call by Terry Wallace of the daily feature race (usually race 7 of the 9 race card)..

I wonder, too, if Wallace called any races at Horseman's this year :?: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


I remember that man's voice and delivery, as if it were yesterday..."they're off-a....leading onto the track..." etc., etc.,. Same line each time, in a nasal monotone. Sad, but the "good ole days".

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6081
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby nebugeater » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:03 am

Here is an example of the news coverage with the call for the featured race finish I found on Youtube Brings back memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYvgwkZmd0
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:37 pm

l-dude2 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
Brad wrote:As a kid I even remember they playing Terry Wallace's call of the race. This is the first year I don't remember Horseman's Park having Terry Wallace doing the races? Did he do any of the first 5 days?


Oh yes, the TV stations would usually feature the stretch call by Terry Wallace of the daily feature race (usually race 7 of the 9 race card)..

I wonder, too, if Wallace called any races at Horseman's this year :?: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


I remember that man's voice and delivery, as if it were yesterday..."they're off-a....leading onto the track..." etc., etc.,. Same line each time, in a nasal monotone. Sad, but the "good ole days".


Welcome to the forum :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:38 pm

nebugeater wrote:Here is an example of the news coverage with the call for the featured race finish I found on Youtube Brings back memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYvgwkZmd0


Nice catch. Ross Jernstrom looked like a high school kid, lol :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

damonhynes
Home Owners Association
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Horsemen's Park

Postby damonhynes » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:26 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:Nice catch. Ross Jernstrom looked like a high school kid.


I'd forgotten he had been on 7 at one time!
https://www.facebook.com/OmaNews/


Return to “Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests