Council Bluffs Express

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

jessep28
Planning Board

Council Bluffs Express

Post by jessep28 »

Council Bluffs is getting an indoor football team????

http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/Ex ... ml?ref=098
Express Offers Contract To Brett Favre

The Council Bluffs Express have formerly submitted a contract offer to retired NFL Quarterback Brett Favre. The indoor professional football team hopes the “gunslinger” can be ready to play by Opening Night on March 31 when they travel to Tulsa to take on the Oklahoma Defenders.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Not a new team, the Iowa Blackhawks just got a new name.
Wikipedia wrote:The Council Bluffs Express formerly known as the Iowa Blackhawks are an indoor football team in the American Professional Football League. They have been around since 2004. They play their homes games at the Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

The Blackhawks have been a competitive team since they started playing in the APFL, becoming a perennial powerhouse throughout the APFL.

In 2009 the Blackhawks ended the rival Kansas Koyotes six-year run as champions by defeating the Koyotes in the championship game in the Mid-America Center. The Blackhawks won the game in dominating fashion with a 63–17 victory over the Koyotes.

After the 2011 season, the Blackhawks' ownership announced that they are changing the team name to the Council Bluffs Express.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Weird, I've never even heard of the Blackhawks since they played in Des Moines and Kurt Warner was QB.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

S33 wrote:Weird, I've never even heard of the Blackhawks since they played in Des Moines and Kurt Warner was QB.
You mean Barnstormers?
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Brad wrote:
S33 wrote:Weird, I've never even heard of the Blackhawks since they played in Des Moines and Kurt Warner was QB.
You mean Barnstormers?
Oh yeah, that's them. Well how long have the Blackhawks been in town? Nevermind, just saw it. Weird how I've never heard of them after 2 years...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

My former co-worker Don, passed away about a year ago, is rolling over in his grave that none of you have ever heard of the Blackhawks.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

So did I miss something, Omaha is getting an as yet unnamed indoor team that will be a part of this league?

http://www.cpifl.org/
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Coyote wrote:So did I miss something, Omaha is getting an as yet unnamed indoor team that will be a part of this league?

http://www.cpifl.org/
Hmm. "Omaha Omaha ??" Sounds like an interesting team name. lol. But, yes I guess it seems that the CB Express might be moving to Omaha. I looked on their website and I didn't see anything about the CB Express on there. Maybe they'll name the new team Omaha Express?

Here's the schedule according to the site:
  • 03/17 @ 2:00pm - Omaha ??  at  Renegades
    03/30 @ 7:30pm - Koyotes  at  Omaha ??
    04/06 @ 7:30pm - Bandits  at  Omaha ??
    04/13 @ 7:05pm - Omaha ??  at  Haymakers
    04/20 @ 7:05pm - Omaha ??  at  Wild
    04/27 @ 7:05pm - Omaha ??  at  Bandits
    05/04 @ 7:30pm - Outlaws  at  Omaha ??
    05/11 @ 7:30pm - Haymakers  at  Omaha ??
    05/17 @ 7:05pm - Omaha ??  at  Edge
    05/26 @ 4:30pm - Defenders  at  Omaha ??
    06/01 @ 7:05pm - Omaha ??  at  Haymakers
    06/08 @ 7:30pm - Renegades  at  Omaha ??
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Look above, CB moved to Lincoln and are the Haymakers.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Wikipedia: The Omaha Beef were not included on the 2013 IFL schedule released on October 22, 2012. Their position in the United Conference was taken by the Texas Revolution being realigned from the Intense Conference.[1] This is due to current negotiations with the possible sale of the team or a new replacement team taking over the Beef's position. There is also current discussions that the team is changing leagues and moving into the Champions Professional Indoor Football League (CPIFL) as a more cost effective move.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

According to CPIFL Facebook expect an announcent Monday or Tuesday

http://www.facebook.com/CPIFL
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Coyote wrote:Look above, CB moved to Lincoln and are the Haymakers.
Sorry Coyote, didn't see your post until after I posted (I really take too long rereading and revising my posts before submitting). I guess based on what you said, the Omaha Beef are joining the CPIFL. I guess we'll see when they announce it on Facebook Monday or Tuesday.