Hoop It Up Omaha

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Hoop It Up Omaha

Post by Brad »

I guess I didn't realize Hoop it up was even still around until I got this email today

2012 Hoop It Up Omaha - July 7-8 @ Werner Park

Werner Park
Papillion, NE  
Tournament Date
Saturday, July 07, 2012
Sunday, July 08, 2012
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

New locale could boost Hoop It Up event
Marjie Ducey WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:"I think this is going to make a world of difference,'' Smith said. Participants will no longer have to pay for parking, and the close proximity to Interstate 80 could attract teams from Lincoln and beyond. The event also will no longer go head-to-head with high school state tournaments and graduation events.

Smith said there is no limit on the variety of divisions, as long as there are four teams in each. That means co-ed teams, over-50 teams, you name it. Besides 3-on-3 basketball, the two-day event will feature 3-point, dunk and free-throw contests.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Hoop It Up Omaha

Post by Coyote »

After a years absence, Hoop it Up returns to Omaha on June 7 and 8, 2014, and this year's event is moving inside to the NorthStar Center at 49th and Ames.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I wonder how it will do there. I participated at Werner Park two years ago and was looking forward to last year, but they cancelled. At one time Omaha/Council Bluffs' Hoop it Up was one of the largest in the country.
jag42
Library Board

Post by jag42 »

Yes...I remember in the early and mid 90's, it was held in the parking lots of Oak View Mall and it was super busy.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I believe some years it was held at Bluffs Run in Council Bluffs as well. One year it was at Mall of the Bluffs, and even a year at the CenturyLink Center (then Qwest Center).
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Didn't a kid win a jeep once at (bluffs run)? After playing his game, he went inside to go to the rest room, and passing the entrance put a quarter in a machine, and.... Won a jeep!