All Star Week in KC

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

All Star Week in KC

Post by Greg S »

We are heading down for a few days on Sunday.  Including catching the Futures Game on Sunday Night.  George Brett is the Coach of the US team and said the both Chasers on the squad, Myers and Odorizzi will play a lot.  Wonder if either stays in KC after the All Star break and joins the Royals?

http://www.kansascity.com/allstar/

Greg
cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

Think I am heading down just for Sunday, tickets were dirt dirt cheap to the futures game on Stubhub, below 10 dollars.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I bought mine yesterday on Stub Hub.  Definitely some good prices.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Being down in KC during All Star week was one of the best experiences I've ever had.  Very cool event.

Greg
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Fox has to be upset, 5-0 in the first.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Everything went good this week in KC except the actual All Star game.  Sunday's Future's Game was the highest attended ever.

The K looked great last night but the game was a total dud.

Fox did a great job promoting the city of Kansas City last night.

Greg
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I have heard more than a few talking heads on sports talk say they wish KC would of built a new stadium downtown instead of renovating the K.  That they had a blast at P&L, but then had a 20 min drive to get to the stadium.  I think the renovations are amazing, just was some people were saying on the AM dial.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Yeah there's definitely that school of thought.  Then you had others having a blast tailgating outside the stadium.  If you had built downtown you also would not have had all the room for the Outfield Experience they have at the K.  If they had built downtown it would have been another retro stadium that's been done a ton over the last 20 years.  The K was unique when it opened (when they were building the dual purpose stadiums, and it's unique again).

Greg
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Greg S wrote:Yeah there's definitely that school of thought.  Then you had others having a blast tailgating outside the stadium.  If you had built downtown you also would not have had all the room for the Outfield Experience they have at the K.  If they had built downtown it would have been another retro stadium that's been done a ton over the last 20 years.  The K was unique when it opened (when they were building the dual purpose stadiums, and it's unique again).

Greg
I agree I love the K.  Just what I heard people saying, and it isn't like KC is going to be entertaining every baseball writer in the country again anytime soon.  Kauffman is perfect for the fans of KC.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I'm listening to 810 right now.  Soren Petro is saying they heard from most of the national guys how great the KC experience has been, including the K.  They were really critical of the K remodel vs downtown so this is quite the admission from him.

The Red Carpet parade through the Plaza yesterday looked really cool.

Greg