2015 Volleyball Final Four @ CLCO

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

2015 Volleyball Final Four @ CLCO

Post by Brad »

NCAA Division I Women’s Volleyball Final Four Returns to CenturyLink Center Omaha in 2015!
MECA wrote:Omaha, NE – College volleyball’s premier event is returning to Omaha! The NCAA announced today that CenturyLink Center Omaha will play host to the 2015 NCAA Division I Women’s Volleyball Championships.

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln and the Metropolitan Entertainment & Convention Authority (MECA) will co-host the 2015 event, which will be held December 17-19. CenturyLink Center Omaha is no stranger to this event. It hosted the championships in 2006 and 2008 and the NCAA Division I Volleyball Regionals in 2005 and 2012.

"Securing the 2015 NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball Championship is a testament to our community and their enthusiasm for good collegiate sports," said Roger Dixon, MECA President/CEO. "The people in Omaha and throughout the State of Nebraska are loyal supporters of volleyball and we are proud to be part of the excitement and cooperative effort responsible for bringing the event back to Omaha."

The bidding process was extremely competitive with 1,984 bids submitted for 82 championships for the 2014-2018 seasons.

CenturyLink Center Omaha will also host the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship 2nd and 3rd Rounds in 2015.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Another great win for Omaha and the CenturyLink Center.  We have been blowing every arena in Nebraska and Iowa out for competing events.  Heck probably even better than KC for events.  A lot of times MECA and its officials are criticized but they should be commended for continuing to secure huge events for the area.  In the end it all means more $ being spent in Omaha!

2015 and 2016 are going to be great years for the CenturyLink Center.