FNB 2015 AAA All Star Game @ Werner Park

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

FNB 2015 AAA All Star Game @ Werner Park

Post by Coyote »

The day after the MLB Al Star Game... National exposure! The week of July 12th.
Many local events planned!

(86 AAA All Stars have become MLB All Stars)

Let the articles start NOW!
Coyote
City Council

Re: FNB 2015 AAA All Star Game @ Werner Park

Post by Coyote »

Storm Chasers selected to host 2015 Triple-A Baseball All-Star Game
KETV wrote:"We have been working to land the 2015 Triple-A Baseball All-Star Game for three years," said Martie Cordaro, president and general manager of the Omaha Storm Chasers. "We knew we had the organization and facilities that were second-to-none and we wanted the opportunity to show all of Triple-A Minor League Baseball just what Omaha, Werner Park and the Storm Chasers could offer."
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha Storm Chasers and Werner Park to host 2015 Triple-A Baseball All-Star Game
First National Bank of Omaha to serve as title sponsor

When will the First National Bank 2015 Triple-A All-Star Game take place?
The First National Bank 2015 Triple-A All-Star Game will take place at Werner Park in July 2015.

What other events are scheduled during All-Star Week?
The festivities include a Home Run Derby, Luncheon, the Triple-A All-Star Game, and other community events.

When can I purchase tickets to the First National Bank 2015 Triple-A All-Star Game?
On-sale dates have not been determined at this time. Omaha Storm Chasers fans with a current ticket package (Season Ticket, Half-Season, or Mini-Plan, etc.) will be given the first opportunity to purchase tickets.

How can I purchase tickets to the First National Bank 2015 Triple-A All-Star Game?
Join the Priority List by purchasing an Omaha Storm Chasers Ticket Package OR join the Wait List by registering online at omahastormchasers.com/ASG15 or calling the All-Star Game Hotline at (402) 738-5133.

What is the difference between the Priority List and the Wait List?
The Priority List contains Omaha Storm Chasers fans who hold a current ticket package or sponsorship. They will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets for the First National Bank 2015 Triple-A All-Star Game. The Wait List contains Omaha Storm Chasers who do not hold a current ticket package or sponsorship. They will be offered an opportunity to purchase tickets to the First National Bank 2015 Triple-A All-Star Game in the order in which they registered once the deadlines for Priority List members has passed.

What if I have additional questions about the First National Bank 2015 Triple-A All-Star Game?
If you have additional questions please call the All-Star Game Hotline at (402) 738-5133 or e-mail the front office at ASG15@omahastormchasers.com.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Cool! 2015 is shaping up to be yet another great event year for Omaha.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Awesome! I was all ready to listen to the announcement but ended up in a 3 hour meeting and missed it!

Another Great Get for the Metro!
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: 2015 Omaha Storm Chasers

Post by skinzfan23 »

The All Star game was pretty good tonight. Great publicity for the city of Omaha again. The weather even held out and it was a nice game.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Funky wind conditions, but the rain held up. Interesting shots, especially the Queen Prairie area...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:Funky wind conditions, but the rain held up. Interesting shots, especially the Queen Prairie area...
I was surprised to see "street shots" from Village Pointe.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I had been worried on the weather. Great time and fantastic crowd.

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Greg S wrote:I had been worried on the weather. Great time and fantastic crowd.

Greg
It looked like nobody was there at first pitch, but by the third it looked like a nice crowd.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Yeah the first pitch was a ways before 7. Just after 7 the place was full.

Greg
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

From Ballpark Digest:

A family affair: All-Stars entertain in Omaha
Between all the family-friendly offerings on the 360-degree concourse, including a wiffle-ball field and a basketball court, the large berms and the open bullpens attracting plenty of youth wanting to be close to their favorite players, this may be the most family-friendly ballpark in all of Minor League Baseball.

We hadn’t been to Werner Park since it opened, and that’s certainly our loss. It was such a Midwest ballpark when it opened — tasteful, a little understated — and since then it’s aged remarkably well.
Last edited by skinzfan23 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Great article. The 2 guys next to me at the game last night started talking to me about Omaha. I asked if there were from out of town and following a team. Turns out they worked for at the headquarters of Minor League Baseball in St. Petersburg, FL. They spoke very highly of Werner Park. They had been to 30 of the new minor league parks as part of their job and said Werner is still one of the best. Also said it's know all around the minors that Martie and his staff are near or at the top of the game.

Greg
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I believe that. We are extremely lucky that Martie is head of the organization. I remember back in 2007, I had an internship with the Omaha Chamber of Commerce and interviewed Martie at Rosenblatt in the tiny little office he had there. At the time I don't believe he was even the president or GM. He was the easiest guy to talk to. Made the whole conversation go smoothly and I could tell even then that he was leadership material.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Temp
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I was at all the events for the All-Star Game this week. Beginning to End, it was a fantastic event for the Ballpark, The Fans, The City, and the League!

Sunday - Celebrity Softball.
Bud Crawford, Darrel Strawberry, Huston Alexander, Bunch of Huskers, Mike'l Severe, Thor and Brandi from KETV, UNO Basketball Coach Hansen, Creighton Baseball Coach Ed Servas, Peaches James, and a few other. Game was a lot of fun, they were all taking junk and with the fence moved way in, there were several home runs including 3 in a row from Joe Gants.

Monday - Home Run Derby
Fun night, good crowd and they even had a bar/buffet/tables and chairs set up between first and second base with a net in front of them. Fun for me too because I could photograph anywhere I wanted. I show one batter from the pitchers mound!

Tuesday Afternoon - Team Photo/Autograph Session/Batting Pratice.
Another big crowd for autographs.

Tuesday Evening - Gala at the Zoo
Fun because there were so many people that had never been to Rosenblatt or the zoo. Night started with a cocktail hour at the old Rosenblatt Park. Then moved to full on Party in the Aquarium. The ballplayers turned in to little kids when they got in the aquarium, it was neat to see. It was so memorable the commissioner of the MiLB was still talking about it the next day.

Wednesday Lunch - Luncheon at Embassy Suites Conference Center in LaVista
A packed house to listen to George Brett talk and he told some great stories!

Wed Night - AAA All-Star Game
Great Crowd of over 9000 watched a decent game that was mostly dominated by pitching until the end. Great Fireworks after the game.

They kept saying it was Once in a Generation so I don't expect it to come back soon, but it was a great event for everyone involved. The Omaha Storm Chasers staff did a great job hosting it. They are a first class operation!

Here are a few of my photos from the All-Star Game on Wednesday.

1. George Brett Throwing out the First Pitch

2. George Brett and Martie Cordaro

3. National Anthem

4. Country Music Star Keith Anderson

5. Country Music Star Keith Anderson

6. Great Catch at the Wall

7. IL Home-run celebration

8. Play at Second

9. Throwing to First

10. Threatening Weather

11. Great Crowd

12. Home-run Ball

13. Great pitching most of the night

14. Brian Poldberg "Pollie" gettinga special jersey for his 1000th win. He was surprised.

15. Awesome Fireworks. They shot them from the normal outfield location and also on the filed including every base and the plate!

16. Fireworks

17. Fireworks
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Love them all, especially #11.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Sweet :thumb:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Thanks guys!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

We went to the outfield berm near the end of the game. Great place to see the fireworks since they were going off from the outfield and the usual sport outside the stadium near right-center.

This was such a fantastic event for Omaha.

Greg
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I loved the ovation Falu got!
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

Ha! Brad, you got me in a photo! Picture 10, bottom left-hand corner in a the blue shirt. Well, you got my back at least....
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

NEDodger wrote:Ha! Brad, you got me in a photo! Picture 10, bottom left-hand corner in a the blue shirt. Well, you got my back at least....
Nice! Too bad you're not the guy in Orange that's looking at the 2 photos I took on that give away piece. That's my favorite part of this photo.