NBA Exhibition Coming to KC

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

NBA Exhibition Coming to KC

Post by Greg S »

The Heat and Warriors are going to play at Sprint Center October 17.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/02/49 ... riors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greg
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: NBA Exhibition Coming to KC

Post by skinzfan23 »

Not quite sure why Omaha doesn't try to get a preseason NBA game. I went there when the QwestCenter first opened and saw a Timberwolves/Hawks game. At the time the Timberwolves still had Kevin Garnett, so it was at least worth it to go. I remember hearing that the Bulls had played a few exhibition games at the Civic. I think for the most part the city would embrace it. The Wolves game had over 12,000 there on a rainy, soggy night.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Do we know that they have not tried? Maybe they just haven't been sucessful at getting one.
skinzfan23 wrote:Not quite sure why Omaha doesn't try to get a preseason NBA game.  I went there when the QwestCenter first opened and saw a Timberwolves/Hawks game.  At the time the Timberwolves still had Kevin Garnett, so it was at least worth it to go.  I remember hearing that the Bulls had played a few exhibition games at the Civic.  I think for the most part the city would embrace it.  The Wolves game had over 12,000 there on a rainy, soggy night.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The Clippers with a then rookie Eric Piatkowski played at the Bon back in 1994. I remember mist people were upset by the fact they didn't play him much... But if they can plan ahead and play at the Bob...