Terrence 'Bud' Crawford - Boxer

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Re: Terence Crawford's Title Defenses

Post by Coyote »

Crawford is now the 4th ranked P4P fighter on the planet.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Don't know if we wanted to create a new thread or not... but Crawford will fight again in Omaha December 10th against John Molina.
No posts exist for this topic
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Creighton just moved a basketball game to Friday to make this happen.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

I think this eliminates the rumor of him fighting in Lincoln on the 28 of January.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Scotty
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Scotty »

Hello all. I joined this forum as I am coming in town for the fight on the 10th. What's the's stadium like? Any information or tips are much appreciated.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Scotty wrote:Hello all. I joined this forum as I am coming in town for the fight on the 10th. What's the's stadium like? Any information or tips are much appreciated.
Welcome to the forum Scotty..

The Century Link Center is a fantastic venue and you will really enjoy the view..

There are multiple eateries/pubs within walking distance of arena so you won't have to go very far at all to grab some food and drink before or after the card..

I hope you have a great time here in the Big O and let us know what you think :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Scotty
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Scotty »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
Scotty wrote:Hello all. I joined this forum as I am coming in town for the fight on the 10th. What's the's stadium like? Any information or tips are much appreciated.

The Century Link Center is a fantastic venue and you will really enjoy the view..

There are multiple eateries/pubs within walking distance of arena so you won't have to go very far at all to grab some food and drink before or after the card..

I hope you have a great time here in the Big O and let us know what you think :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Thanks for the tips. :thumb:
Looks like plenty of hotels are real close to the stadium so I will walk to it. Now can I bring soda into the stadium? And how much is a beer inside?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Scotty wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Thanks for the tips. :thumb:
Looks like plenty of hotels are real close to the stadium so I will walk to it. Now can I bring soda into the stadium? And how much is a beer inside?
You're welcome Scotty. I'm not certain you can bring a soda into the arena unless you sneak it in. I'm not 100% sure on the Beer prices..but I believe they are pretty standard in that $7.50-$9.00 range per draw depending on the brand of beer you select (could be a buck or so less than this estimate though)...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I guess at the press conference for the fight yesterday Crawford refused to speak or answer any questions from any member of the local media. He made a point to show them he is not speaking to them any more.

Assuming he is mad because they covered his legal troubles. Disappointing.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:I guess at the press conference for the fight yesterday Crawford refused to speak or answer any questions from any member of the local media. He made a point to show them he is not speaking to them any more.

Greg

IF that reasoning is correct then he is the problem and not the local media. Next he will not fight here.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Greg S wrote:I guess at the press conference for the fight yesterday Crawford refused to speak or answer any questions from any member of the local media. He made a point to show them he is not speaking to them any more.

Greg
I had to laugh when I read about Crawford trying to impose a blackout on any media that discussed his recent criminal arrest. There were a few posts about his arrest in this thread a few months back and then one day they just mysteriously disappeared. Our presidential candidates and national press are not the only ones with transparency and honesty problems.....it goes way way way down the chain in this good ole USA of ours!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Sounds like Crawford dominated the first 3 rounds.

Looks like it was never mentioned on here, but Molina came in 3+ lbs over weight so even if he does win, it doesn't mean anything...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo from Top Ranked Boxing:
Top Rank Boxing ‏@trboxing wrote:Image
Hopefully Tuna will have more photos for us.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Tony Boone ‏@BooneOWH wrote: One of the best finishers in the game, @budcrawford402.
Ticket Express ‏@TicketExpressNE wrote:KO in the 8th! Crawford is victorious!
Thor Tripp ‏@ThorTripp wrote: There it is. @budcrawford402 finishes with a flurry in the 8th round with the knockout. Never in doubt.
Top Rank Boxing ‏@trboxing wrote: THAT'S IT! The crowd is in a frenzy as @budcrawford402 KNOCKS OUT @johnmolinajr135 in RD 8. #CrawfordMolina
Tony Boone ‏@BooneOWH wrote: Crawford moves to 30-0 with 21 knockouts.
Tony Boone ‏@BooneOWH wrote: Right to the head, right to the body, right to the head to end it at 2:32 of the eighth round.
Omaha Sports Insider ‏@OSIsports wrote: Crawford wins by TKO with 2:32 in Round 8. Moves to 30-0 with 21 knockouts.
Jonathan Green ‏@MaverickManiacs wrote: Dominant finish
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The CompuBox punch stats showed the disparity between the fighters and their styles. Crawford connected on 184 of 419 punches (44%), while Molina (29-7, 23 KOs) landed only 14% of his punches (41 of 287).

Molina weighed in four pounds over the 140-pound limit on Friday, and thus was not eligible to win the belt if he had won the fight.

Crawford was asked about the possibility of fighting WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao next.

“That’s up to Bob Arum, my managers and my coaches,” he said. “Of course I would like to fight Pacquiao, but at the same time it’s a business.”

“I just want them belts,” he continued. “If I can’t get Pacquiao I want (other champions).”
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Record attendance of 11,270!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

This guy definitely reps Omaha..

Over 11k for a nationally televised fight card in Omaha is absolutely fantastic...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

He just got sentenced to 50 days in jail over this body shop incident.

Greg
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Greg S wrote:He just got sentenced to 50 days in jail over this body shop incident.

Greg

Looks like the authorities think he has a real attitude problem and its best to nip this thing in the BUD before he gets any worse. No pun intended! 8)
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Greg S wrote:He just got sentenced to 50 days in jail over this body shop incident.

Greg
The judge was out of line here. He doesn't have a criminal record and the prosecution never even recommended jail time. She only wants to make a name for herself. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets voted out in 2020.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

HR Paperstacks wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if she gets voted out in 2020.
Right or wrong, when has a judge ever been voted out around here...
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

HR Paperstacks wrote:

Greg
The judge was out of line here. He doesn't have a criminal record and the prosecution never even recommended jail time. She only wants to make a name for herself. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets voted out in 2020.
His attorney appealed. The appeal was granted. Crawford spent a grand total of 8 hours in jail.. he posted the $10k bond and walked out of jail a free man. It'll be interesting to see how this case and story develops over the next several weeks/months...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The Crawford legal people have been overwhelmed by this and he refuses to be civil on this. I hope they grow up.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

I'm not up on how in house jail works like some of you guys around here probably are. :lol: Seriously if you can get in house jail that would be the way to go. That would be a trip to be sentenced to stay in your house for 50 days. Hanging out at the house for 50 days watching cable on your big screen TV and eating sure sounds like the kind of punishment I would want if I was ever to need punishing. So thats not the problem maybe its the drug testing for two years that goes along with it. Yeah that could be a problem. A big problem. I would think hes an athlete so hes clean as a whistle but I would not want to bet on that. Hes caught in the spiders web now and if he don't play his cards right that spider is going to have him for supper.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

HR Paperstacks wrote:

Greg
IF the judge that let the illegal immigrant our on a low bond that was the driver in that traffic fatality accident, with the PUB it got around election time didn't get kicked out this will not even make a wave.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Greg

Believe the sentence was 90 days not 50.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Sentence was for 90, but he will probably serve only 50.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Crawford showed up to court in workout clothes, and was supposedly untruthful during a pre sentencing investigation. The judge may have become fed up with him.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

jessep28 wrote:Crawford showed up to court in workout clothes, and was supposedly untruthful during a pre sentencing investigation. The judge may have become fed up with him.

The first rule when going to court is never go with out an attorney. The second rule when going to court is always wear dress cloths! His attorney needed to explain that the court room is a stage or playing field just like his ring is and when you go up on that stage you play by their rules or pay the consequences.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Terence Crawford to defend junior welterweight title May 20
Bob Arum, who said May 20 is the date HBO is holding for Crawford (30-0, 21 KOs), said he hopes to have the 29-year-old fight once again in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska, where he is a big draw.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Crawford will face Felix Diaz (19-1, 9 KOs), the 2008 Olympic gold medalist from the Dominican Republic.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Diaz' corner stopped the fight after 10 rounds... TKO Crawford!
Crawford totally dominated the southpaw at Madison Square Garden.
I wonder if we will see him fight again in Omaha...
Keith Thurman next?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Fighting in Lincoln on August 19th. Will be aired on ESPN.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

From the World Herald:
ESPN reported Thursday night that Crawford, the unified WBO/WBC junior welterweight champion, will face Julius Indongo, who holds the WBA and IBF belts. A battle for all four belts has occurred just twice in the era of four sanctioning bodies.

The fight will be Aug. 19 at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln and televised on ESPN. It will be Crawford's first fight in Lincoln. Omaha's CenturyLink Center, where Crawford has fought several times previously, is hosting a Lady Gaga concert that night.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

Watching the start of the coverage on national TV tonight and they show an outside view of the arena. PINNACLE BAN ARENA. The "K" is not working and its on national TV no less. Tisk Tisk Tisk. :no:
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:Watching the start of the coverage on national TV tonight and they show an outside view of the arena. PINNACLE BAN ARENA. The "K" is not working and its on national TV no less. Tisk Tisk Tisk. :no:
I thought that was hilarious. Going to The Ban' to watch a boxing match.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

UNDISPUTED!!!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

And with a heavy body shot, the fight is over. Crawford wins in 2 rounds at the Pinnacle Ban' Arena.

What's next for Crawford?