Terrence 'Bud' Crawford - Boxer

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Re: Terence Crawford's Title Defenses

Post by Coyote »

MadMartin8 wrote:And with a heavy body shot, the fight is over. Crawford wins in 2 rounds at the Pinnacle Ban' Arena.

What's next for Crawford?
That was a vicious body blow (in the third) that he was training for, as his coaches saw Indongo's height and all his over punches.
Next: he is going fishing... Then move up from 140 to welterweight.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Coyote wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:And with a heavy body shot, the fight is over. Crawford wins in 2 rounds at the Pinnacle Ban' Arena.

What's next for Crawford?
That was a vicious body blow (in the third) that he was training for, as his coaches saw Indongo's height and all his over punches.
Next: he is going fishing... Then move up from 140 to welterweight.
Whoops, you're right that was the 3rd. Can't wait to see him at 147. It was nice to see some praise by Ward and the other folks as well.
No posts exist for this topic
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Rumors... Rumors said it was hard for Crawford to make 140.
There is more money and there is Pac Man at 147.
These next few months will be very interesting for the stardom of Crawford!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Coyote wrote:Rumors... Rumors said it was hard for Crawford to make 140.
There is more money and there is Pac Man at 147.
These next few months will be very interesting for the stardom of Crawford!
Pacquiao won't go anywhere near Crawford.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Crawford told ESPN he is moving up to 147 and vacating his belts.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Terence Crawford wins ESPN's 2017 fighter of the year honors

Fighters of the Year
2017-Terence Crawford
2016-Carl Frampton
2015-Canelo Alvarez
2014-Terence Crawford
2013-Floyd Mayweather
2012-Nonito Donaire
2011-Andre Ward
2010-Sergio Martinez
2009-Manny Pacquiao
2008-Manny Pacquiao
2007-Floyd Mayweather
2006-Manny Pacquiao
2005-Ricky Hatton
2004-Glen Johnson
2003-James Toney
2002-Vernon Forrest
2001-Bernard Hopkins
2000-Felix Trinidad
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Great news for Terence. 2nd time in 4 years :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

skinzfan23 wrote:From the World Herald:
ESPN reported Thursday night that Crawford, the unified WBO/WBC junior welterweight champion, will face Julius Indongo, who holds the WBA and IBF belts. A battle for all four belts has occurred just twice in the era of four sanctioning bodies.

The fight will be Aug. 19 at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln and televised on ESPN. It will be Crawford's first fight in Lincoln. Omaha's CenturyLink Center, where Crawford has fought several times previously, is hosting a Lady Gaga concert that night.
Interesting that Indongo is training full time in Omaha now. The city getting put on the map a bit thanks to Bud.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Terence 'Bud' Crawford has chance to bolster legacy with move into boxing's deepest division
Tony Boone / World-Herald staff writer wrote:The 147-pound weight class has always been one of the glamour divisions in the sport. Boxing legends Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran, Pernell Whitaker, Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad, “Sugar” Shane Mosley, Floyd Mayweather , Miguel Cotto and Manny Pacquiao bolstered their credentials by holding a welterweight championship at some point during their careers.

Crawford aims to join them when he faces current WBO champion Jeff Horn of Australia on Saturday at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Crawford is no longer a champion, having vacated all four of his 140-pound titles in order to move up a weight class, but he has a goal to become the world’s best welterweight.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/2 ... d-crawford

Deep dive into the life of Omaha's champ.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

TKO for Bud. What an awesome fighter, another belt to his name.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

MadMartin8 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 pm TKO for Bud. What an awesome fighter, another belt to his name.
Awesome fighter indeed..

And for those that didn’t watch- this was not just another win, but a DOMINANT performance for Terence Crawford, who moved up to 147 to rip the belt away. I gladly paid $7.99 (or whatever it was) for the ESPN Plus subscription (which I’ll cancel and get a full refund) just to watch Bud kick Jeff Horn’s a$$..

Another fantastic performance for an Omaha Champion :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Bud back fighting in Omaha on October 13th. Should be another huge event as he keeps gaining more national fame every fight.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Great ESPN piece. Terence repping Omaha :thumb: ..

[youtube][/youtube]

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 pm Great ESPN piece. Terence repping Omaha :thumb: ..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Thanks for the link. Hoping for another showcase of Crawford's otherworldly boxing skills. He is masterclass in the world of boxing right now. Just wish Top Rank and PBC would let their fighters have a go at each other; would make his ability to unify the belts at welter a possibility.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

ita wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:46 am
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 pm Great ESPN piece. Terence repping Omaha :thumb: ..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Thanks for the link. Hoping for another showcase of Crawford's otherworldly boxing skills. He is masterclass in the world of boxing right now.
Agreed. And you’re welcome :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Crawford wins in round 12 tko
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Crawford is such a patient fighter, then when he wants to, bam, fight over.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

That was one heck of an uppercut. Bud was toying with him after the 7th round. But you've got to give Benavides his props, he stayed in there and as he said gave us a great show.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Could have easily walked out of there with an unanimous decision, but went for the KO and got it. Great show.

Only opponent I am really interested in is Errol Spence. Anyone else is fodder and Bud is going to be a huge favorite.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:57 pm Could have easily walked out of there with an unanimous decision, but went for the KO and got it. Great show.
His corner told him to play the 12th safe, but after that first uppercut, he wanted Benavidez to pay for this past week.
At not one moment did I see Crawford tired. He was ready to give out that KO.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I can honestly say this is the first time I have seen a whole boxing match. Crawford is exciting to watch and once again, great publicity for the city of Omaha.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Terrence 'Bud' Crawford - Boxer

Post by Coyote »

[youtube]
[/youtube]
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Re: Terrence 'Bud' Crawford - Boxer

Post by bigredmed1 »

I don’t like boxing or violent sports much, but after the bs he pulled at the weigh in, I was actually glad the challenger got KO’d.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

On his path to superstardom, Omaha's Bud Crawford has turned his hometown into a 'gem' of the boxing world
The folks at Top Rank rave about Omaha. The city has also become a favorite stop for the traveling crews from HBO and ESPN that have come to town to televise Crawford's fights for the past five years.

"I think Omaha, not knowing the market, has been a wonderful, pleasant surprise both in support from the fans and functionally with the ease and efficiency that we can operate there," duBoef said. "The way Omaha is set up — the proximity between the hotel, the arena and the airport and that little downtown area — I think it's a gem. It's absolutely a wonderful gem to be able to operate there."
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Wow, some serious praise for the Omaha sports scene....not that I am that surprised, but good to hear.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

https://www.omaha.com/sports/local-spor ... 5176b.html
It isn't against one of the other welterweight champions, but Terence "Bud" Crawford is finally getting the big fight he's been waiting for.

Crawford, the WBO's 147-pound champ, will defend his title against British star Amir "King" Khan on April 20 at a site yet to be determined.

The bout will be officially announced Tuesday in London, but is expected to take place in the United States. Top Rank, the company that promotes Crawford, has mentioned both New York City and Las Vegas in the past as a potential site for his next defense, which should bring the Omahan the biggest payday of his career.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube]
[/youtube]
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

No way was I wasting money watching that fight but I did just read that article posted above. It was ugly. This quote from the article pretty well sums up the way the fight ended. :roll:

"I was caught with shot below the belt. I could feel it in my stomach. I couldn't continue. I could feel it in my legs. I'm a warrior. I would never give up in a fight like this. I was in pain. I couldn't move. I could not continue. I'm not one to give up in any fight. I fight to the end. I'm gonna come back stronger from this."
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:31 am No way was I wasting money watching that fight but I did just read that article posted above. It was ugly. This quote from the article pretty well sums up the way the fight ended. :roll:

"I was caught with shot below the belt. I could feel it in my stomach. I couldn't continue. I could feel it in my legs. I'm a warrior. I would never give up in a fight like this. I was in pain. I couldn't move. I could not continue. I'm not one to give up in any fight. I fight to the end. I'm gonna come back stronger from this."
To be fair, Bud was dominating up until that point, was very close to getting a KO in round 1.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Louie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:38 am
GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:31 am No way was I wasting money watching that fight but I did just read that article posted above. It was ugly. This quote from the article pretty well sums up the way the fight ended. :roll:

To be fair, Bud was dominating up until that point, was very close to getting a KO in round 1.
Exactly. Stopping the fight due to the accidental shot kept Khan from getting even more of a beating than he was already taking...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Anyone here able to how the refs determined that it was an accidental below the belt hit.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

bigredmed1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:53 pm Anyone here able to how the refs determined that it was an accidental below the belt hit.
This call was up to the referee David Fields who may not have been in position to see the punch. Khan would have been given five minutes to recover under the unified rules of boxing. But instead Khan's trainer Virgil Hunter took only 40 seconds to say that Khan was unable to continue the fight.
Section 211.48. Injuries sustained by foul

[...]

(b) Accidental fouls:

(1) If an accidental foul causes an injury severe enough for the referee to stop the bout, the bout will result in a “No Decision” if stopped before three (3) completed rounds in bouts scheduled for four rounds. Rounds are complete when the bell rings signifying the end of a round. If a bout is scheduled for more than four (4) rounds and an accidental foul occurs causing an injury severe enough for the referee to stop the bout immediately, the bout will result in a “No Decision” if stopped before four (4) completed rounds.

(2) If an accidental foul causes an injury severe enough for the referee to stop the bout immediately, after three (3) rounds have occurred in bouts scheduled for four rounds, the bout will result in a “Technical Decision,” awarded to the boxer who is ahead on the score cards at the time the bout is stopped. If a bout is scheduled for more than four (4) rounds and an accidental foul causing an injury severe for the referee to stop the bout immediately, after four (4) rounds have occurred, the bout will result in a “Technical Decision,” awarded to the boxer who is ahead on the score cards at the time the bout is stopped.

(3) A fighter who is hit with an accidental low blow must continue after a reasonable amount of time but no more than five (5) minutes or he/she will lose the fight.
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Thanks
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube]
[/youtube]
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

Crawford was on the Joe Rogan show yesterday for an hour and a half pod cast. If you have not been catching the Joe Rogan show the past few years you have been missing some pretty good stuff.