Beginner golf league in Omaha?

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Superrupe
New to the Neighborhood

Beginner golf league in Omaha?

Post by Superrupe »

Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone knew of beginner golf leagues for individuals starting up this spring. I'm not very good and I don't know many people so I thought it would be a great way to meet people and improve my (very limited) golf game.

Thanks!
Linkin5
County Board

Re: Beginner golf league in Omaha?

Post by Linkin5 »

I've golfed like once. If you want to buy me a golfing round thing I will play against you and bring a bunch of beers, we can learn golfdom.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Superrupe wrote:Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone knew of beginner golf leagues for individuals starting up this spring. I'm not very good and I don't know many people so I thought it would be a great way to meet people and improve my (very limited) golf game.

Thanks!

I would look at some par three courses in town like Warren Swigart Golf Course and see what they might offer.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Another beginners course could be Milt's Golf Center. And just remember, a lot of golfers just show up, and ask others if they can join them in a round... I recently saw a coupon for a bag of balls for their driving range, and a 9hole round of golf...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Warren Swigart Golf Course closes temporarily after truck destroys clubhouse
A pickup crashed into the Warren Swigart Clubhouse Tuesday afternoon. The clubhouse helps power the course. Staff says it will be closed until they can get a temporary operation center.

Warren Swigart Golf Course will be temporarily closed while staff works to get a temporary operations center up and running. Tuesday afternoon, a pickup truck traveling along Parkview Drive went off the roadway and crashed into the clubhouse, causing significant damage. The clubhouse is used to power the golf course.