Nebraska Football 2015

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Re: Nebraska Football 2015

Post by mrsticka »

Nate Gerry was just ejected for targeting.
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

If Tommy could just learn to throw off his front leg he at least wouldn't be as costly to his own team. It's almost like he enjoys throwing it up for grabs.
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

Well after an entire season, I think this coaching staff is a complete joke. Every area of the team was awful today, just like in the first game against BYU and everything in between. I hope the Michigan State win did not buy this staff more time, including Eichorst.
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

I watched the post-game press conference and Tommy felt pretty bad.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:Prediction Nebraska 24 Iowa 38

Tommie used up all his luck and concentration beating those rape accusations this week and is out of gas. Tommie has a bad day throwing 4 interceptions. Iowa is legit and they never trail from the get go.
Nailed the Tommy Interceptions.
No posts exist for this topic
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

Tommy is as good as he's going to get. It's up to coaches to put him in position for success. DO NOT give him a fade option on 4th and 1. Do not give him run/pass options. Do not let him throw the ball up for grabs. Do not throw screen passes ever, let alone inside your 20. Limit any decision making Tommy has to do.

I understand having to install the only offense you know. But don't be so incompetent as coaches.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Louie wrote:The story that I have heard from a son of an LPD officer (so take it with a grain of salt) is that Tommie was with 4 girls saturday night and one was 'injured' during the event.
Tommie scored four times in one performance?!? Too bad he can't do that on the field.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Louie wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Louie wrote:The story that I have heard from a son of an LPD officer (so take it with a grain of salt) is that Tommie was with 4 girls saturday night and one was 'injured' during the event.
That sure leads the mind to wonder. Just what does that mean that he was with 4 girls? And injured?
Well I was trying to keep the language PG, but I can address this more directly. He was sexually involved with 4 girls concurrently and one woke up the next morning with vaginal pain and told her parents about it. Then they decided to call the cops.
Alright that story looks like it could have a few of holes in it. During the press conference the Police clearly and confidently stated that there were 6 people at the house at the time of the incident. There were the 3 football players and 3 girls. The police made it crystal clear at that press conference that they believe bad things happened they just don't feel they can win the case.
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

We're going to a bowl game this year. I wasn't expecting it, but we are.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

mrsticka wrote:We're going to a bowl game this year. I wasn't expecting it, but we are.
Yes, the NCAA is 5 teams short of bowl eligible schools, and they will be allotted to the 5-7 schools with the best graduation rates, which Nebraska appears to be leading.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

My annual appeal to husker fans:

Please for the love of all things Scarlet and Cream, do not buy a bowl ticket or go to the game. The more they can settle for |expletive|, the more they will.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

For the team, the benefits of playing a bowl game outweigh the shame of not earning it. This will be good for next year, but yeah, no fan should be proud.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

My guess: Nebraska will play Air Force in the Armed Forces Bowl in Ft. Worth.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Will be interesting to see if our fans travel for it? Maybe sell tickets to alumni there and light traveling for everyone else. Can't imagine there will be a ton of interest.

It is good for practice. I do agree the coaches should not get their bowl bonuses though.

Greg
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Greg S wrote:Will be interesting to see if our fans travel for it? Maybe sell tickets to alumni there and light traveling for everyone else. Can't imagine there will be a ton of interest.

It is good for practice. I do agree the coaches should not get their bowl bonuses though.

Greg

I believe it was stated in the local paper that they would not receive any bonuses even if they accepted a bowl bid.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Prediction: No Bowl bonuses for the coaches this year or next year!

If coach Riley plans on starting Tommie next year then he better forget about bowl bonuses period. How Riley can watch Tommie play for an entire season and now stand there and tell us he is going to coach Tommie up for next season is ridiculous. Whats wrong with Tommie can't be fixed and yes its that obvious. That kind of talk by Riley is insulting to himself and the fans.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Greg S wrote:Will be interesting to see if our fans travel for it? Maybe sell tickets to alumni there and light traveling for everyone else. Can't imagine there will be a ton of interest.

Greg

I believe it was stated in the local paper that they would not receive any bonuses even if they accepted a bowl bid.
Yeah that's what I was referring to in my post.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Greg S wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:

Greg

Yeah that's what I was referring to in my post.

Whoops, my bad!
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Nebraska will play UCLA in the Foster Farms bowl on December 26th at 6:15PM PST.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

From what I hear, this is the best bowl for Nebraska given their year, since California is an important recruiting territory for them.
image.jpg
image.jpg (158.69 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Does anybody know if this will be televised nationally? I'll be in California, but nowhere near the Bay Area.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omababe wrote:Does anybody know if this will be televised nationally? I'll be in California, but nowhere near the Bay Area.
If you get ESPN, you will see every minor Bowl game.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Will NU be able to cover their costs? Again, please Husker fans, stop supporting these minor bowl appearances.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

NU will be fine. Even if they lose money would be worth it for the extra practices.

Very few schools if any others have 3 revenue generating sports (football, men's basketball and volleyball).

NU should be right at the point now where they get a full cut of Big 10 revenue (was phased in). Add that to the fact the Big 10 will be signing a monster new TV deal soon.

Money is definitely not an issue in Lincoln.

Greg
Omaha1000
Home Owners Association

Post by Omaha1000 »

This made me chuckle, but I do feel kind of bad for UCLA's team.
Foster Farms.JPG
Foster Farms.JPG (81.48 KiB) Viewed 1811 times
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha1000 wrote:This made me chuckle, but I do feel kind of bad for UCLA's team.
Foster Farms.JPG

For their sake they better win then since they are playing loosers. :;):
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

I'd laugh quite hard if NU came into California and beat UCLA after that article. Almost a "famous last words" moment there.
Omaha1000
Home Owners Association

Post by Omaha1000 »

MadMartin8 wrote:I'd laugh quite hard if NU came into California and beat UCLA after that article. Almost a "famous last words" moment there.
The problem for UCLA is that they have very little motivation to prepare and practice hard for this game. I didn't think the writer of the article was suggesting that Nebraska would be easy to beat. It's just a downer for an 8-4 team to play a 5-7 team in a bowl. Nebraska fans would feel the same way if the records were reversed.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Too many bowls. There should be the play off and then enough bowls to give the Power 5 conferences a rotating play off for bragging rights as to the best conferences?
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Omaha1000 wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:I'd laugh quite hard if NU came into California and beat UCLA after that article. Almost a "famous last words" moment there.
The problem for UCLA is that they have very little motivation to prepare and practice hard for this game. I didn't think the writer of the article was suggesting that Nebraska would be easy to beat. It's just a downer for an 8-4 team to play a 5-7 team in a bowl. Nebraska fans would feel the same way if the records were reversed.
Just like Nebraska's last season in the Big 12. Lost the conference championship and was relegated to a rematch with Washington who they beat the tar out of to open the season. And then lost.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Coyote wrote:If you get ESPN, you will see every minor Bowl game.
Thanks.

I'll either be in the hotel or over at a relative's house, I assume all will have ESPN.

Now the big question is will anybody else want to watch a minor bowl game? :) I guess UCLA might be local enough for them. :)
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Definitely not a good match up for UCLA, though it's been a couple years since we played them. When you are 8 and 4 you should be matched up with a team with a more comparable record.

Even though it's in California, I would suggest NU will have more fans there. Large Alumni base in the state, and they normally have to travel a lot further to see NU.

For NU this was a great landing spot all things considered. Good location, new stadium we've never played in. Lots of support out there in California for the team.

Greg
Omaha1000
Home Owners Association

Post by Omaha1000 »

Louie wrote:
Omaha1000 wrote:
Just like Nebraska's last season in the Big 12. Lost the conference championship and was relegated to a rematch with Washington who they beat the tar out of to open the season. And then lost.
Yea, I remember that. What a reward for Nebraska to get to re-play a so-so Washington team....
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Omaha1000 wrote:
Louie wrote:
Omaha1000 wrote:
Yea, I remember that. What a reward for Nebraska to get to re-play a so-so Washington team....

At least for UCLA it's not a replay.

Greg
Omaha1000
Home Owners Association

Post by Omaha1000 »

Greg S wrote:
Omaha1000 wrote:
Louie wrote:
Omaha1000 wrote:

At least for UCLA it's not a replay.

Greg
That's true, but maybe balanced out by the fact that UCLA has to play a team with a 5-7 record.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

And UCLA doesn't get a Vacation, at least to me, going from LA to SF is not really a vacation.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Coyote wrote:And UCLA doesn't get a Vacation, at least to me, going from LA to SF is not really a vacation.
I would disagree with this a little bit. If you think about it, UCLA's traditional goal has always been the Rose Bow against the Big 10 (and it's that now if they don't make the playoffs). Well, the Rose Bowl is their home stadium. I always wondered how much of a vacation it was for them, playing in their home city especially in their home stadium.

At least now they are traveling 6 hours, new city, stadium and full hotel.

Greg
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Prediction: Nebraska 27 UCLA 48

This is the worst team Nebraska has ever fielded. Turnover Tommie is at again with 2 more interceptions.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Greg S wrote:
Coyote wrote:And UCLA doesn't get a Vacation, at least to me, going from LA to SF is not really a vacation.
I would disagree with this a little bit. If you think about it, UCLA's traditional goal has always been the Rose Bow against the Big 10 (and it's that now if they don't make the playoffs). Well, the Rose Bowl is their home stadium. I always wondered how much of a vacation it was for them, playing in their home city especially in their home stadium.

At least now they are traveling 6 hours, new city, stadium and full hotel.

Greg
I don't know if UCLA does this, but Nebraska makes all their players stay in a hotel overnight before home games. If that's the case, then there are no issues getting two teams to book hotel rooms during that bowl game.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Gerry's ejection from this game was a travesty against football. This crew should never work another football game again. Not to mention that missed facemask causing the fumble.

Nebraska fans have a right to be livid against the officials.