5. Auburn: 62,143
6. Michigan 60,000
7. Michigan State: 48,000

Big 10 is doing well so far.
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: Nebraska Football 2015

Post by skinzfan23 »

Wow, I know Iowa had a terrible season, but their spring game only had around 8,000.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Actually it sounds like the actual attendance for Iowa was only around 3,000.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I don't think that's far off their norm.

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

1 Ohio State. 99,391
2 Nebraska. 76,881
3 Penn State. 68,000
4 Alabama. 65,175
5 Tennessee. 63,016
6 Auburn. 62,143
7 Michigan. 60,000
8 Michigan St. 48,000
9 Georgia. 46,815
10 Oklahoma. 42,807
11 Arkansas. 41,220
12 Clemson. 37,000
13 Missouri. 30,117
14 Louisville. 23,187
15 USC. 22,788
16 South Carolina 22,580
17 Florida. 21,000
18 Florida State 17,250
19 Oklahoma State 16,000
20 Rutgers 15,782
21 Ole Miss 15,000
21 LSU 15,000
23 BYU 14,000
24 Mississippi State 13,004
25 Oregon State 12,316
26 Utah 12,224
27 Charlotte 11,469
28 Minnesota 10,100
29 Boise State 10,072
30 Indiana 10,014
31 TCU 10,000
32 Memphis 9,650
33 Wisconsin 9,630
34 Utah State 9,000
35 West Virginia 8,115
36 Iowa 8,000
37 Iowa State 7,500
37 Iowa State 7,500
39 Kansas 6,227
40 Baylor 5,610
41 Pitt 5,325
42 WKU 5,100
43 Vanderbilt 5,000
43 Arizona State 5,000
43 SMU 5,000
46 East Carolina 4,852
47 Wake Forest 4,553
48 Arizona 4,500
49 Houston 4,461
50 Louisiana Tech 4,300
51 Colorado 4,100
52 Old Dominion 4,000
52 Syracuse 4,000
52 Georgia Tech 4,000
52 Colorado State 4,000
52 Virginia 4,000
57 Notre Dame 3,590
58 UConn 3,500
58 Miami 3,500
60 USF 3,200
61 Tulsa 3,185
62 Middle Tennessee 3,111
63 Nevada 3,000
63 Temple 3,000
65 Cincinnati 2,500
65 Army 2,500
65 UTSA 2,500
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube][/youtube]
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube][/youtube]
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Just saw this map posted....my guess is due to all the former Huskers on the Redskins:

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

That would be my guess also. Omaha Cowboy needs to work a little harder...
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I am a huge Redskins fan of course....so let's keep NE a Redskins haven.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

I call BS. That image is cropped from the original. The map is generated using jersey sales from one online retailer through Week 4 of the 2014-15 NFL season. I doubt it's an accurate representation of fan loyalty.

This one from Twitter based on who follows the team's official Twitter account seems to make more sense geographically.

https://interactive.twitter.com/nfl_fol ... m&team=all

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

That has got to be some kind of screw-up, funny though.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

The Skins are losers and they aint got 100 fans in the whole state of Nebraska!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Will NU land RB Jordan Stevenson?
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

No hes not coming here. His other suitor is Alabama. Alabama has a good chance to win the championship this year while Nebraska's title chances are slim. What we need is a quarterback who can pass accurately and think on the go. We don't have that now. If head coach Riley is going to use Tommy Armstrong this year as QB then Nebraska is going to loose 4 or 5 games. This is a good test to see if Riley is going to be worth a darn or not. If Riley is foolish enough to go with Tommy Armstrong then hes going to suffer a few beat downs just like Pelini did.
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

Defense was a much bigger problem for Pelini than the QB position ever was. He was so stubborn with his complex system and put even more pressure on his defense with an up-tempo offense.. The whole operation was just comical. I'm looking forward to something different, at least, with the new staff.
Huskerbaseball13
Home Owners Association

Post by Huskerbaseball13 »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:No hes not coming here. His other suitor is Alabama. Alabama has a good chance to win the championship this year while Nebraska's title chances are slim. What we need is a quarterback who can pass accurately and think on the go. We don't have that now. If head coach Riley is going to use Tommy Armstrong this year as QB then Nebraska is going to loose 4 or 5 games. This is a good test to see if Riley is going to be worth a darn or not. If Riley is foolish enough to go with Tommy Armstrong then hes going to suffer a few beat downs just like Pelini did.
At the end of the day...Riley should(and probably will) go with the QB that gives this team the best chance to win. That very may well be Armstrong. And that won't be Riley's fault...that will be the previous staffs fault failing on the recruiting trail and their inability to develop that position.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Like - actually having a real QB coach? :roll:
Huskerbaseball13
Home Owners Association

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:No hes not coming here. His other suitor is Alabama. Alabama has a good chance to win the championship this year while Nebraska's title chances are slim. What we need is a quarterback who can pass accurately and think on the go. We don't have that now. If head coach Riley is going to use Tommy Armstrong this year as QB then Nebraska is going to loose 4 or 5 games. This is a good test to see if Riley is going to be worth a darn or not. If Riley is foolish enough to go with Tommy Armstrong then hes going to suffer a few beat downs just like Pelini did.
Good call...Jordan Stevenson is N. :banana: :banana: [youtube][/youtube]
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Huskerbaseball13 wrote:
Good call...Jordan Stevenson is N. :banana: :banana:

Yeah, I have to totally disagree with Grandpa. For the quarterback to be anywhere close to successful this year it will be dependent upon a good running game to keep the pressure off of the QB. Abdullah has to be one if the least appreciated great backs NU has had because he could carry the ball 25-30 times a game. NU does not have an heir apparent that could come close to that load, Newby, Cross and Wilbon needed someone to come in and push them hard, and that is what Stevenson can do. The QB play this year is dependent on that.

Recruiting: 4-star running back Jordan Stevenson picks Huskers over Alabama, Miami
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Good call, please keep me updated with your recruiting predictions.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Linkin5 wrote:

Given that its a safe bet Wisconsin was smart for bailing on this guy. Given that this guy is not even 20 and hes covered in tats. I will predict that its a given that there is a 50/50 chance this guy might turn out to be in prison someday like a number of former Huskers are. But heck yes he runs good. I just figure the odds are Wisconsin knew he was trouble waiting to happen and they found a way to ditch him.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Linkin5 wrote:

Given that its a safe bet Wisconsin was smart for bailing on this guy. Given that this guy is not even 20 and hes covered in tats. I will predict that its a given that there is a 50/50 chance this guy might turn out to be in prison someday like a number of former Huskers are. But heck yes he runs good. I just figure the odds are Wisconsin knew he was trouble waiting to happen and they found a way to ditch him.
On behalf of the rest of the world, please die.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

What we need is a quarterback who can pass accurately and think on the go. We don't have that now. If head coach Riley is going to use Tommy Armstrong this year as QB then Nebraska is going to loose 4 or 5 games. This is a good test to see if Riley is going to be worth a darn or not. If Riley is foolish enough to go with Tommy Armstrong then hes going to suffer a few beat downs just like Pelini did.
I don't now if he'll ever survive another serious hit, but if he can prove to be durable, I think Zack Darlington is showing ability to go through progressions, not telegraph his passes, good accuracy, enough mobility. I don't know what the local media sees in AJ Bush. Riley HAS to go with Armstrong though, in spite of his meltdowns. I mean he is coming off of a year as the B1G's #2 in total offense, and over 500 yards, and a Nebraska bowl record for total offense against USC. Obviously in a pro style offense though, there's that many more opportunities for him to make mistakes.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Huskerbaseball13
Home Owners Association

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Linkin5 wrote:

You figure wrong....again. Use your brain for once, why would Wisconsin dump the kid at the last possible moment and put themselves in a bind? They didn't plan this. They hoped he would eventually meet their academic requirements. He didn't...their loss. NU's gain. Just admit you were wrong. First claiming he was Bama bound and now throwing |expletive| out to see what sticks.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Huskerbaseball13 wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Linkin5 wrote:

You figure wrong....again. Use your brain for once, why would Wisconsin dump the kid at the last possible moment and put themselves in a bind? They didn't plan this. They hoped he would eventually meet their academic requirements. He didn't...their loss. NU's gain. Just admit you were wrong. First claiming he was Bama bound and now throwing |expletive| out to see what sticks.

We got a body covered in Tats on a man under 20, bad academic record, troubled youth, one parent household.........Like I said 50/50 chance we got another Thunder Collins on our hands here. Sorry!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Really glad GS has said enough dumb |expletive| to let me make a judgment about him instead of just relaying on assumptions based on how how he looks. :roll:
Huskerbaseball13
Home Owners Association

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Huskerbaseball13 wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Linkin5 wrote:

We got a body covered in Tats on a man under 20, bad academic record, troubled youth, one parent household.........Like I said 50/50 chance we got another Thunder Collins on our hands here. Sorry!

Ahhh, I see...you are just a troll. Carry on.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

What is your knowledge of his "bad academic record"?

Wisconsin has higher admission requirements than most schools, one reason why coach Gary Anderson bolted for Oregon St. and Barry Alvarez has had issues with the Admissions Dept. which changed their standards five years ago with the hiring of a new Admissions Director.

So what are these admission requirements? I'm glad you asked. At Wisconsin, 13 high school credits must be considered "core college preparatory" classes (four years of English, three years of math, three years of natural science and three years of social science). However, unlike other institutions, Wisconsin also requires an additional four electives, which can include foreign language, fine arts, computer science or other academic areas. Wisconsin requires 17 high-school units for admission. That's higher than Ohio State and Nebraska (16), Oregon State (15) and Michigan State (14).

So what was his "bad academic record"? Maybe it was not his GPA, but the fact he lacked a semester of, God forbid, French? A requirement which he supposedly fulfilled, and asked for a second look which the Admissions Department denied. So Nebraska comes in, not needing that pesky credit of a foreign language and says 'bienvenue mon ami' .

Now, as for your racial profiling of someone with tats...
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Since you are the first and only one to mention or drag race into this discussion does that not make you worse then a racist for bringing racism into a discussion where it did not exist? :?:
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Yes I am, but you never answered my question.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Coyote wrote:Yes I am, but you never answered my question.

The man has rights. Any school or any other entity or person releasing his
personal transcripts to the public would could and should find themselves in
some kind of serious trouble. I have not seen anyone release his actual
transcripts nor do I profess to somehow have magically seen them. All we know
for sure is that its been widely reported that he has had academic problems in the
past and apparently the present. The 800 pound gorilla in the room that is not
being talked about here is........ How can it be a good thing that the
University of Nebraska has lower admission standards then the University of
Wisconsin? Wisconsin has academic standards for their football players and they have handed the Huskers some serious beat downs the past few years. Yet now we are to believe dumb old Wisconsin really screwed the pooch this time and we are going to be the lucky benefactors of their poor player recruitment and management. What if Wisconsin is not so stupid and they saw or found out that this guy has serious problems and they pulled his transcript back up on the computer and found a reason to ditch him real fast. Maybe they were giving him 3 social studies credits for a painting class and they just "suddenly realized" that painting is an elective and not a social studies credit!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Exactly. We don't, all we know is the Admission Standards that I spelled out. You are the one who chose the worst case scenario and not give a kid you have never met, the benefit of doubt, you chose to paint a picture of a kid who will be found in jail with Thunder Collins because ... Why? You hate a program that has more academic all-Americans than any other school?
Huskerbaseball13
Home Owners Association

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:

for sure is that its been widely reported that he has had academic problems in the
Wisconsin? Wisconsin has academic standards for their football players and they have handed the Huskers some serious beat downs the past few years. Yet now we are to believe dumb old Wisconsin really screwed the pooch this time and we are going to be the lucky benefactors of their poor player recruitment and management. What if Wisconsin is not so stupid and they saw or found out that this guy has serious problems and they pulled his transcript back up on the computer and found a reason to ditch him real fast. Maybe they were giving him 3 social studies credits for a painting class and they just "suddenly realized" that painting is an elective and not a social studies credit!
Wisconsin did not dump him...the coaching staff wanted him on campus and in the end he did not meet their academic standards. He was cleared by the NCAA. Wisconsin's admission standards has been a hot debate by some because they are losing coaches and top recruits because of it. Jordan's ACT score was good enough to be cleared by the NCAA...but not good enough to be accepted at Wiscy. All it takes is a 5 minute google search to figure that out.

"Chryst said Stevenson did everything he was asked, retaking a test and even raising his score. But it wasn’t enough to gain admission.

Andersen admitted his issue with school’s admission standards was one of the reasons he bolted for Oregon State after two seasons, a shocking departure that opened the door for Chryst to return to Madison. Alvarez told the State Journal last December that Andersen was particularly frustrated he couldn’t get Sun Prairie defensive tackle Craig Evans, who ended up at Michigan State, into school.

Would anything have changed in regards to Stevenson or other high-profile prospects who were denied admission into Wisconsin had the appeals process been different?

“I don’t know that,” Alvarez said. “It certainly would have given an opportunity to be heard.”
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:

You literally have no clue what you are talking about. The biggest problem here (which by the way Wisconsin fans agree upon) is that the Wisconsin coaches and the admissions office are not on the same page. It was released that he had an Act score of 22 and a low 2 GPA.

But Gp, you keep living your sad life, the funny thing is the kid you are insulting has already done more in his 18 years than you ever did.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Linkin5 wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:

You literally have no clue what you are talking about. The biggest problem here (which by the way Wisconsin fans agree upon) is that the Wisconsin coaches and the admissions office are not on the same page. It was released that he had an Act score of 22 and a low 2 GPA.

But Gp, you keep living your sad life, the funny thing is the kid you are insulting has already done more in his 18 years than you ever did.

He does have more tats then me thats for sure. I don't have any. Crazy Wisconsin and Nebraska football fans would let the guy who shot up the movie theater in Denver play for their team if he could bring home a championship. I too am a big husker fan but I dont support bringing troubled cases to our supposed institution of higher education.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:He does have more tats then me thats for sure.
Nice use of the English language. Too bad you didn't receive a good education.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Linkin5 wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:

He does have more tats then me thats for sure. I don't have any. Crazy Wisconsin and Nebraska football fans would let the guy who shot up the movie theater in Denver play for their team if he could bring home a championship. I too am a big husker fan but I dont support bringing troubled cases to our supposed institution of higher education.

Please oh Please provide some proof that this recruit is a trouble make and a failure in the classroom. It has been well documented BEFORE all this that Wis has some bench marks that many do not agree with and and there are many successful ( in the education front) programs that have great STUDENT athletes that get in to great schools with standard that are slightly less. The other thing is that these standards are for the student body, not the athlete only.

If you can garner your opinion from not meeting and entrance standards at Wis then I will pass judgement based on some of the radio interviews I have heard him give over the past week. More meaningful to me anyway. He comes off as very well spoken and thought out. Seems like a decent young man with a plan and a future.

Also, I have not tats so I assume you will take me at face value and agree with everything I say
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:He does have more tats then me thats for sure.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

:lol: