image.jpg (68.26 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
nebugeater
City Council

Re: NFL 2015

Post by nebugeater »

She could use a little deflategate

Coyote wrote:
image.jpg
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Denver International Airport
Attachments
DIA (2).jpg
DIA (2).jpg (191.75 KiB) Viewed 951 times
omaha79
Parks & Recreation

Post by omaha79 »

omaha79 wrote:I hope the media and fans keep portraying this as nothing more than a coronation for the Panthers. I heard comparisons to the 85 Bears on the radio this morning. I believe this to be premature, at best.

No doubt, Carolina has had a wonderful season. They have been extremely impressive in their 2 home playoff wins (although Seattle seemed to be the better team in the 2nd half of that game). The league certainly got the 2 best teams over the long grind of the regular season in this Super Bowl.

I will be interested in seeing what Carolina team shows up. They weren't blowing teams out in the regular season and their strength of schedule was one of the worst in the league.

For all this talk about the Panthers possibly blowing out Denver, I just don't see it barring several huge Broncos mistakes in the form of turnovers and special teams gaffes (such as how the Broncos performed in Super Bowl 48). Most of the Panthers games were close during the regular season and this game won't be in Charlotte. Denver has the kind of defense that should keep them in any game, unlike 2013 when the D was mediocre at best and missing key contributors in the Super Bowl. This is a totally different Broncos team and I would argue that the 2013 Seahawks were better, all around, than the 2015 Panthers. It's apples to oranges all around.

I think this is closer to a coin flip game than most are predicting as long as the Denver offense plays within themselves and avoids turnovers and penalties.
I should have put money on this game.

Cam and the Panthers were "not ready for prime time." My concerns that they were a paper tiger were proven to be true.

And, the Denver D was as good as advertised. Considering the handicap that their offense was all year, I don't think it's hyperbole to say that you can put this Denver D in the upper echelon of Super Bowl winning defenses with the 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 02 Bucs, and 13 Seahawks. Maybe not quite 85 Bears or 70's Steelers level, but easily in the same stratosphere with the other great defenses over the last 15 years.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Von Miller was something else that game. One of the most dominant individual defensive performances I have seen at that level, reminded me of Suh against Texas in the Big 12 Championship.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

#HotRef was trending on Twitter during the Superbowl for Omahan Superbowl Referee Clete Blakeman. I believe he was even on the Today show Monday.

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:Zach Miller now has 5 TD catches in the last 6 games.
I don't know how many heard of his gruesome leg injury, they thought they may have to amputate, but today Zach walked on his own for the first time since then. Here's to a full recovery!