NFL 2015

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Busguy2010
County Board

NFL 2015

Post by Busguy2010 »

I'm surprised there's not a NFL thread!

I'm a Patriots fan and I think they will go undefeated and win the Superbowl (even if they play the Giants) :o

What is your team and how do you think they'll do this year?
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Re: NFL 2015

Post by bigredmed »

Or the Patriots will cheat their way in.

Don't have a team that I follow. I like to be neutral and just appreciate quality football for what it is not really caring who wins.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Have seen the Chiefs play in Houston and Green Bay so far. Nice to see them win in Houston and they played like |expletive| in Green Bay. Cool to see Lambeau though. I think the loss to Denver on Thursday is going to cost them a playoff berth though.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Dallas Cowboys fan here.. The Boys can give you tips on how to beat the Giants- beaten them 5 straight times now..

Unfortunately, with our QB and #1 WR on the shelf until probably early November, the need is for the Cowboys to at least tried water..until Romo and Dez get back.. The defense will get help soon when Greg Hardy, Rolando McClain and possibly Randy Gregory come back after this Sunday..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The winner of the NFC East will probably have 8 wins. That division is weak.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

iamjacobm wrote:Have seen the Chiefs play in Houston and Green Bay so far. Nice to see them win in Houston and they played like |expletive| in Green Bay. Cool to see Lambeau though. I think the loss to Denver on Thursday is going to cost them a playoff berth though.
The Chiefs are playing for 2nd place in the AFC West as long as Manning is in Denver, and they looked terrible against the Bengals yesterday.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

Does anyone thing the Patriots are cheating yet?
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

Bosco55David wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Have seen the Chiefs play in Houston and Green Bay so far. Nice to see them win in Houston and they played like |expletive| in Green Bay. Cool to see Lambeau though. I think the loss to Denver on Thursday is going to cost them a playoff berth though.
The Chiefs are playing for 2nd place in the AFC West as long as Manning is in Denver, and they looked terrible against the Bengals yesterday.
The Broncos have won because of their defense only.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

Busguy2010 wrote:
Bosco55David wrote:
Not even close. The offense had a major clock chewing drive at the end of the Baltimore game that took up a vast chunk of the 4th quarter. It gave the defense a much needed rest and put the Ravens in a position where they were forced to race the clock. Against the Chiefs, our offense found a groove when they let Manning be Manning and we walked right down the field and tied the game up late in the 4th quarter. Offense played well against the Lions, decent against the Vikings and Raiders but left points on the field thanks to stupid individual errors.

But, we can switch the statement around to reflect that the Chiefs are playing for 2nd place as long as Wade Phillips and our defensive core is intact. That works to I guess.

Edit: Might be more accurate to say that the Chiefs are playing to not be last place in the AFCW. Everyone else in the division is clearly better, especially now that they lost their only real offensive threat.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Bosco55David wrote:
Busguy2010 wrote:
Bosco55David wrote:
Not even close. The offense had a major clock chewing drive at the end of the Baltimore game that took up a vast chunk of the 4th quarter. It gave the defense a much needed rest and put the Ravens in a position where they were forced to race the clock. Against the Chiefs, our offense found a groove when they let Manning be Manning and we walked right down the field and tied the game up late in the 4th quarter. Offense played well against the Lions, decent against the Vikings and Raiders but left points on the field thanks to stupid individual errors.

But, we can switch the statement around to reflect that the Chiefs are playing for 2nd place as long as Wade Phillips and our defensive core is intact. That works to I guess.

Edit: Might be more accurate to say that the Chiefs are playing to not be last place in the AFCW. Everyone else in the division is clearly better, especially now that they lost their only real offensive threat.

But ... but.... but... The Chiefs won the preseason.....
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

nebugeater wrote:But ... but.... but... The Chiefs won the preseason.....
To be fair, they win the preseason trophy every year. :mrgreen:
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

God they have tanked hard this season. That Thursday night was all time bad choke job and now its all a spiral. Maybe we will do bad enough to draft a real QB next year.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

iamjacobm wrote:God they have tanked hard this season. That Thursday night was all time bad choke job and now its all a spiral. Maybe we will do bad enough to draft a real QB next year.
You'll probably have a new coaching staff too.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

I love the Chiefs, but they have been so hard to watch. Andy Kendeigh suggested this weekend would be perfect to travel to Minneapolis to see the Huskers and Chiefs play in the same stadium. Great idea in theory, but mainly an excuse to binge drink if I ever heard one.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Zach Miller, the qb from UNO, just made an amazing catch on Monday Night Football for the Bears.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

skinzfan23 wrote:Zach Miller, the qb from UNO, just made an amazing catch on Monday Night Football for the Bears.
That was a fantastic catch and nice to hear the recognition to his Nebraska roots on national TV.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Busguy2010 wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:Zach Miller, the qb from UNO, just made an amazing catch on Monday Night Football for the Bears.
That was a fantastic catch and nice to hear the recognition to his Nebraska roots on national TV.
Danny Woodhead also had a td catch. Strange that two guys from Nebraska had a catch in the game and neither played for the Huskers.
bmt
Home Owners Association

Post by bmt »

skinzfan23 wrote:
Busguy2010 wrote:
Danny Woodhead also had a td catch. Strange that two guys from Nebraska had a catch in the game and neither played for the Huskers.

Well Miller did start out as a walk-on for the Huskers. Also two other Nebraska high school guys played in that game (Trevor Robinson and Kyle Emmanuel).
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

The colors would be perfect if it were a Christmas game.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

Darn, I was just about to comment about how I like this color on color idea.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I didn't watch the game but did see a bunch of comment on Twitter last night that included reference to the color blind population.

Imaging if you were a color blind player in the game.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

http://www.colourblindawareness.org/

This site says that 8% of the population has some level of color blindness

1 in 12 men
1 in 200 woman

( math doesn't quit add up.)
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

I watching the exciting match that was the Patriots at Giants, and Odell Beckham caught what was called a TD, but then overturned after review.

Before review was initiated, I argued with my friends that it was not a TD for the fact he didn't control the ball to the ground. That is the rule for every catch on the field. But apparently since it is in the end zone, all he had to do was stop rotation with two feet down, even though it was knocked out. It was reviewed and called an incomplete pass

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CT5PQwBVAAAo3iX.mp4

What are your thoughts?

I think with how picky the NFL is with controlling the ball to the ground, it was the correct call. There was never any doubt in my mind.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Zach Miller impressing. He had 5 catches for 107 yards including this 87-yarder for a TD.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/ ... 0dd4277095
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Zach Miller now has 5 TD catches in the last 6 games.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Chiefs get seventh win in a row today.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Coyote wrote:Zach Miller now has 5 TD catches in the last 6 games.
Yeah, I am upset. I had him on my fantasy team and got rid of him b/c ESPN said that he was injured. Thankfully I was able to get him back for next week. He is turning into Cutler's best option.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

How much of a difference 9 games makes for KC.

First time ever both the Royals and Chiefs made the playoffs in the same season. Still alive for the division if Denver lays an egg against SD next week and they win.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

Broncos squeak by to get first round bye and bag home field advantage. Not what I saw coming.

Patriots disappointed, though still have bye.

Steelers play a flat Bengals team at Cincinnati.

Red hot Chiefs play at Houston.

1) Bengals lose 5th straight playoff game to Steelers
2) Chiefs grind it out to beat Texans
3) Steelers go to Denver and win a close one
4) Chiefs go to Boston and lose in overtime, giving me a heart attack
5) Steelers go to Boston and lose in overtime, whilst breathing my last breath

1) Seahawks cream Vikings
2) Packers barely beat Redskins
3) Seahawks cream Panthers
4) Packers barely beat Cardinals
5) Seahawks barely beat Packers

Superbowl: Patriots fulfill my death wish, defeating Seahawks 2nd straight year 24-21.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

I'm hoping Cincinnati beats Steelers so that Chiefs don't have to go to Foxboro (I know I'm getting ahead of myself with the Houston game).
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

The way Green Bay's been playing since their first loss to Denver, I doubt they will get past the wildcard game this weekend. Packers don't even deserve to be in the playoffs.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

jessep28 wrote:The way Green Bay's been playing since their first loss to Denver, I doubt they will get past the wildcard game this weekend.
Being a huge Redskins fan, I hope that this comes true. :D
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

So far so good.

Very exciting wildcard weekend with the outcomes as I expected. I was surprised by the fight the Vikings put up against the Seahawks, and the Bengals gave to the Steelers. I didn't expect the Packers to win by such a margin, and certainly didn't see KC beating Houston 30-0.

I personally want the Steelers to beat the Broncos, but with the injuries to Roethlisberger and Brown, the game may have become much less competitive. I am pulling for Steelers

The Chiefs will bring the blitz, sacking Tom Brady at least 6 times, however, without Jeremy Maclin, Chiefs offense won't perform. Patriots will win 21-20.

NFC is anybody's guess. I'm going with my original votes.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Holy |expletive|. Crazy Hail Mary by Green Bay.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

Broncos lose in same fashion they did two years ago. Panthers blow out Broncos.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Busguy2010 wrote:Broncos lose in same fashion they did two years ago. Panthers blow out Broncos.
As hilarious as that would be I don't see Bronco's D allowing another team to blow them out.
omaha79
Parks & Recreation

Post by omaha79 »

I hope the media and fans keep portraying this as nothing more than a coronation for the Panthers. I heard comparisons to the 85 Bears on the radio this morning. I believe this to be premature, at best.

No doubt, Carolina has had a wonderful season. They have been extremely impressive in their 2 home playoff wins (although Seattle seemed to be the better team in the 2nd half of that game). The league certainly got the 2 best teams over the long grind of the regular season in this Super Bowl.

I will be interested in seeing what Carolina team shows up. They weren't blowing teams out in the regular season and their strength of schedule was one of the worst in the league.

For all this talk about the Panthers possibly blowing out Denver, I just don't see it barring several huge Broncos mistakes in the form of turnovers and special teams gaffes (such as how the Broncos performed in Super Bowl 48). Most of the Panthers games were close during the regular season and this game won't be in Charlotte. Denver has the kind of defense that should keep them in any game, unlike 2013 when the D was mediocre at best and missing key contributors in the Super Bowl. This is a totally different Broncos team and I would argue that the 2013 Seahawks were better, all around, than the 2015 Panthers. It's apples to oranges all around.

I think this is closer to a coin flip game than most are predicting as long as the Denver offense plays within themselves and avoids turnovers and penalties.
omaha79
Parks & Recreation

Post by omaha79 »

...and, I wanna see Stifflers mom present the Lombardi trophy to Elway. Wow. That's what Botox do!

Also, nice to see the 1997 Denver Broncos co-opt the AFC Championship trophy celebration!
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

omaha79 wrote:...and, I wanna see Stifflers mom present the Lombardi trophy to Elway. Wow. That's what Botox do!

Also, nice to see the 1997 Denver Broncos co-opt the AFC Championship trophy celebration!
Hey now, that poor lady had to miss a botox appointment for that game.