2016 KC Royals

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8941
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

2016 KC Royals

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:04 pm

Going to be a huge offseason to see if the Royals can repeat. Rios and Guthrie were both not picked up for those team options next season saving the club a combined $22 million.

The biggest question will be if Gordon will give the team a hometown discount. Some tumors out there that the Cubs might throw a lot of money his way.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:28 pm

iamjacobm wrote: Some tumors out there that the Cubs might throw a lot of money his way.


That would be one upset stomach.
Image

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8941
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:45 pm

Haha phone corrected rumors to tumors.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Gordon just turned down the player option and now is officially a free agent.
Image

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby nebugeater » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Coyote wrote:Gordon just turned down the player option and now is officially a free agent.


I guess I was 100% sure that he would do that. I think he will take a little less than the open market and be back in KC for a 4 - 5 year contract. We will see.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Brad » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:37 pm

Well the good news for Royals is that this does not mean he won't be back... We just gotta hope the Royals pony up after he tests the free agent market.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8941
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:54 pm

The other big names are Cueto(obviously gone) and Zobrist. I am sure they would love to make it work with Zobrist, but I really think a guy like Colon or even Mondesi can be a solid 2B. Will be interesting to see if Orlando gets the every day RF job, there are two big bats sitting in Omaha waiting for a shot too. Need to find two more decent starters. Right now Ventura and Volquez are the only two guys we know will be there for next season. Vargas coming off Tommy John's and Chris Young is a free agent.

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Greg S » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:49 am

I do think RF will be a Orlando Dyson combo. That will save them some big dollars to go after Gordon and or Zobrist.


Greg

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:57 pm

Zobrist wants to return, but he knows they will be going after Gordo big time.
RHP Wade Davis and SS Alcides Escobar are coming back.
Image

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8941
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby iamjacobm » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:47 pm

Zobrist market was too rich for KC. He is between Mets and Cubs reports are saying.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8941
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby iamjacobm » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:53 pm

There is some chatter that the Royals don't want to be too locked into 3 OFs long term b/c they want Starling in the majors for 2017. Dyson will get a lot of PT this season it seems.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:07 pm

iamjacobm wrote:Zobrist market was too rich for KC. He is between Mets and Cubs reports are saying.

Cubs win. :cry:
4 yr/$56m
Image

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8941
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby iamjacobm » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Coyote wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Zobrist market was too rich for KC. He is between Mets and Cubs reports are saying.

Cubs win. :cry:
4 yr/$56m


He is a really good player, but I would have been more disappointed if the Royals paid him that much.

The Cubs are going down the Yankee, Red Sox, Dodger, Angel path to team building right now. KC is probably going to follow the STL model where you simply can't over pay those aging guys and have to trust your farm system with a key move here and there.

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Greg S » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:55 am

He's the perfect NL player being so versatile for all the switches. No way KC was going that high and long for a 34 year old with a recent knee surgery. Zobrist was a great mid season trade for KC.

I love that KC brought Soria back. Also thought they got a steal on the Chris Young deal.

Greg

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby nebugeater » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:38 am

Greg S wrote:He's the perfect NL player being so versatile for all the switches. No way KC was going that high and long for a 34 year old with a recent knee surgery. Zobrist was a great mid season trade for KC.

I love that KC brought Soria back. Also thought they got a steal on the Chris Young deal.

Greg


So where do you thing things will end up with Gordon? I still feel he will be back as a Royal in the spring.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:16 am

Last I heard, they were good with the money, but the years on the contract were holding things up. Seeing what the Cards offer...
Image

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby nebugeater » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Coyote wrote:Last I heard, they were good with the money, but the years on the contract were holding things up. Seeing what the Cards offer...



Same I have heard. My bet it he will be back but with the agent he has one would expect nothing but the most cut throat negotiations.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby MadMartin8 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Rumors have the Tigers looking at Gordon. That'd be funny.
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Rumor has it that there is no chance the Royals will be re-signing Gordon, they are offering 4 years @ $13M he is seeking $20M for many more years.
Image

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3828
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Linkin5 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:13 pm

Coyote wrote:Rumor has it that there is no chance the Royals will be re-signing Gordon, they are offering 4 years @ $13M he is seeking $20M for many more years.


Good for Gordon, get that money.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby nebugeater » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Coyote wrote:Rumor has it that there is no chance the Royals will be re-signing Gordon, they are offering 4 years @ $13M he is seeking $20M for many more years.



I still think he will be back in KC for somewhere between those numbers. Untill he has singed a contract anything you here is all part of the negotiating strategy.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Gordon denies ruling out return to KC
Outfielder weighing options, hopes to see market heat up


MLB.com wrote:According to a CBS Sports report, the Royals were informed by Gordon's camp they had "no chance" to re-sign the star left fielder as things stood on Dec. 23. "I talked to my agent and he was kind of curious where that came from, too," Gordon said while at a clinic he hosted in Omaha, Neb. "He called the Royals, wanted to know where it came from, and obviously they had no idea either. "We're still in talks and hoping something works out."

"I think everyone wants to build their team around pitching, so that's why all the pitchers are going first," Gordon said. "All the teams want to feel that process out first and then dive into the outfielders." "I think once one guy signs, it might start to heat up a little bit," Gordon said. "We just need that one guy to sign. Hopefully it's me."
Image

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Greg S » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:17 am

Alex Gordon has re-signed with KC. 4 years $72 million according to reports. Opening Day he will get his ring then go to Left Field.

Greg

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Brad » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:26 am

Greg S wrote:Alex Gordon has re-signed with KC. 4 years $72 million according to reports. Opening Day he will get his ring then go to Left Field.


Great News!
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:27 am

Gordon signs a 4 year / $72M with the ROYALS!!!

{Edit} You beat me to it
Image

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:41 am

Image

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby nebugeater » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:23 am

nebugeater wrote:
Coyote wrote:Rumor has it that there is no chance the Royals will be re-signing Gordon, they are offering 4 years @ $13M he is seeking $20M for many more years.



I still think he will be back in KC for somewhere between those numbers. Untill he has singed a contract anything you here is all part of the negotiating strategy.



Called it! :mrgreen:
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:34 am

nebugeater wrote:
nebugeater wrote:
Coyote wrote:Rumor has it that there is no chance the Royals will be re-signing Gordon, they are offering 4 years @ $13M he is seeking $20M for many more years.

I still think he will be back in KC for somewhere between those numbers. Untill he has singed a contract anything you here is all part of the negotiating strategy.

Called it! :mrgreen:


Yes you did! The Royals ponied up the coin and Gordon lessened his years...
His presence will generate a lot of revenue both in tickets and in merchandising
Image

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby nebugeater » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:46 am

Coyote wrote:
nebugeater wrote:
nebugeater wrote:
Coyote wrote:Rumor has it that there is no chance the Royals will be re-signing Gordon, they are offering 4 years @ $13M he is seeking $20M for many more years.

I still think he will be back in KC for somewhere between those numbers. Untill he has singed a contract anything you here is all part of the negotiating strategy.

Called it! :mrgreen:


Yes you did! The Royals ponied up the coin and Gordon lessened his years...
His presence will generate a lot of revenue both in tickets and in merchandising


I will also now predict that he will finish out his playing career in KC. This was his big contract opportunity and he did good and got to stay in KC. After four more years he will sign what it take to ride into the sunset as a player in KC. The next George Brett.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:51 am

OK Carnac, If he is with KC in 2020 I will buy you a beer! :cheers:
Image

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby nebugeater » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:26 pm

:cheers: :thumb:

Coyote wrote:OK Carnac, If he is with KC in 2020 I will buy you a beer! :cheers:
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Greg S » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Between Soria, Gordon and Kennedy (along with a few other deals) the Royals are close to spending $200 million this off season. It's weird even typing that.

Greg

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:11 pm

And Cain just signed yesterday...

... and today is officially one month until Pitchers and Catchers report.
Image

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby nebugeater » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:13 pm

They pare planning on selling a lot of World Series Hats to foot the bill!

On a serious note, because I have not looked. Have ticket prices for the coming season changed?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Greg S » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:42 pm

nebugeater wrote:They pare planning on selling a lot of World Series Hats to foot the bill!

On a serious note, because I have not looked. Have ticket prices for the coming season changed?



I don't think they've announced prices yet. Also still waiting for their promotions schedule to be released.

I was in KC in November and it was crazy how all the World Series stuff was selling.

They've got Fan Fest at the end of the month. We used to go when it was in the Overland Park convention center. They've since moved to the big main convention center (Bartle Hall) downtown. They had record crowds last year (10k over their previous record) and they are expecting such large crowds this year that they are assigning you times based on your ticket on when you can enter to keep it somewhat under control.

We can't go anymore because I coach my son's hockey team and we have practices and games on the weekend, but I highly recommend it for any Royals fan on here. Always have had a blast.

Greg

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby nebugeater » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Greg S wrote:
nebugeater wrote:They pare planning on selling a lot of World Series Hats to foot the bill!

On a serious note, because I have not looked. Have ticket prices for the coming season changed?



I don't think they've announced prices yet. Also still waiting for their promotions schedule to be released.

I was in KC in November and it was crazy how all the World Series stuff was selling.

They've got Fan Fest at the end of the month. We used to go when it was in the Overland Park convention center. They've since moved to the big main convention center (Bartle Hall) downtown. They had record crowds last year (10k over their previous record) and they are expecting such large crowds this year that they are assigning you times based on your ticket on when you can enter to keep it somewhat under control.

We can't go anymore because I coach my son's hockey team and we have practices and games on the weekend, but I highly recommend it for any Royals fan on here. Always have had a blast.

Greg


I believe I saw where game TIMES were announced for the upcoming scheduled today, or maybe it was yesterday. Can't imagine that the promotions and pricing are far behind.

(did you see the last PM)
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Coyote » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:29 am

P Ian Kennedy was just finalized. 5 years $70m.
Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Brad » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:44 am

Mike Patterson OWH wrote:Royals news ... the 'Trophy Tour' (World Series trophy only, no players) to be in Omaha on Feb. 9, 6-8 p.m. at Hy-Vee, 97th & Q.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Greg S » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:37 am

Huge turnout for this last night at Hy Vee. It will be back in Omaha at Werner Park on May 24th.

Greg

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Postby Brad » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:38 am

Greg S wrote:Huge turnout for this last night at Hy Vee. It will be back in Omaha at Werner Park on May 24th.


Crowd lookd big in some of the photos I saw. I am glad to hear its coming to Werner since I didn't have time to go last night.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member


Return to “Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest