UNL-CU on Tuesday

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

custudent
Home Owners Association

UNL-CU on Tuesday

Post by custudent »

The UNL athletic office reported that as of this morning, 9600 tickets have been sold for the showdown with Creighton at Rosenblatt on Tuesday.

IMHO, I think we can pretty well bank on 15k for this game on Tuesday. Both teams are going to be coming on playing their best baseball of the season and it should be a great time. We all know a good number of these people are going to be red-wearing Husker fans. We need to make sure that the Jays have strong representation. It's our hometown and this team deserves to have strong fan support behind them considering how well they've played this year. They're going to let in Creighton students for free so hopefully that'll help even out the atmopshere.

Up until Tuesday, tickets can be bought either through Ticketmaster or at the Morrison Stadium ticket office. On the day of the game, tickets will only be available at Rosenblatt starting at 5:30.

Let's paint the Blatt blue. :)
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Post by jjjjhskr »

Over 13,000 and counting. Wish I was there with about 12 other members of my family who will be there supporting the Jays!

One of my best sports memories was the jays in the CWS against Clemson and the crowd roaring bluejays, bluejays...an electric atmosphere. We camped out in front of Rosenblatt for a couple of nights that year. The good old days!
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Post by jjjjhskr »

A great game so far, 4-4 in the sixth. Got it on the net and updates every inning from family at the game. Would have been great to be there.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Attendance estimates on the radio are "at least 20,000".

Creighton 5-3 late.

-Big E
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Creighton wins, 5-3. Wins series 2-1 for first time since 93.

Congrats 'Jays.

-Big E
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

So if I heard it right if Creighton wins 2 out of the three this weekend they will win the regular season MoValley, and will be in a regional.

Total atytendance 20,011 biggest of the season for college baseball acording to JJ Davis
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

Congrats Creighton. Now let's get two teams from the state to the CWS. I'll even fly home to help the economy and combat all the whining!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Over 20,000..Wow :shock: ..

Sweet to see that Creighton won as well :) ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

It was a great game... both teams played well... Nebraska probably would have won but they waited until the bases were entirely empty for each of their 3 home runs. I'd look for Nebraska to host Creighton in a regional. The rivalry just keeps getting hotter.

20,011 ... the largest crowd to watch a college baseball game in the nation this year... and among the largest regular season attendances ever.
SychoBC
Home Owners Association

Post by SychoBC »

Great game, got some great pictures from the press booth. Our suite was right next to Jim Rose and the Nebraska PBP booth. A couple o guys taunted him mercelessly during the game. I wish I had a radio to hear them in the background.

Glad the good guys won. Go Jays!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

And the game winning hit!!! :D

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

A couple more.
The rest are posted here: Rosenblatt Stadium

DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Finn wrote:Congrats Creighton. Now let's get two teams from the state to the CWS. I'll even fly home to help the economy and combat all the whining!
You do that. I actually don't even want CU to go. Maybe once both teams can go and CU will win over them in the Championship and that will be enough for me.

So was the crowd more CU or NU? Any fights?
DTO
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

DTO Luv wrote:So was the crowd more CU or NU? Any fights?
There certainly was more red in the crowd than blue. I would say it was maybe 8-1 NU fans over CU. The most vocal the crowd became was in the bottom of the 8th - NU had bases loaded - the place was rocking - but after the strickout NU fans began to leave. I didn't see any fights, but I wasn't looking for any.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

but after the strickout NU fans began to leave.
ha ha
GO JAYS
15-17, 26, 32
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I need to go to a CU-NU game one of these days. I really don't care what sport. I wish people in this city weren't so sick in the head with their Husker love. I hate them so much. Their right up there with Dave Friend and Satan for me.
DTO
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

"Go Big Red!"
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Coyote I love that! It reminds me soo much of the big red.. “If you saw the S.P. movie you would know what I’m talking about” I will have to back DTO up on this one, personally my vote is for anyone other than the cornhuskers. I guess growing up with all these loco husker fans ruined it for me.
15-17, 26, 32
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Well I guess I am too old school - being one of the elders here - but I believe that your opponent should be applauded for their efforts as people in the NW section of Memorial Stadium have for years. My family had tickets there since the 60's. I am a huge husker fan because they represent our state no matter what you think, In the legislature today they kept saying the first thing you know about Nebraska is the Huskers - the second is Cabela's. Yes a few arrogant fans have tainted UNL's image - but it is not as bad as other schools. The CU-NU games are unique - I applaud for both - applaud for the effort they display. Nebraska has always been known for class. Let's not let a few uncouth vulgar fanatics take this away from Nebraska pride.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Yeah……. Its to bad that this state revolves around a football team.
15-17, 26, 32
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

And New York doesn't revolve around the Yankees?
Atlanta around the Braves?
Yes these are cities but places do revolve around sporting venues.

How about this though.
Omaha!
College World Series venue.
Back Home to Omaha!
Swing away COC.
SychoBC
Home Owners Association

Post by SychoBC »