USHL NHL Prospects Game at Ralston

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

USHL NHL Prospects Game at Ralston

Post by Greg S »

Going tonight. Should be fun. Anybody else going?

http://www.omaha.com/sports/prospects-g ... bbace.html
Coyote
City Council

Re: USHL NHL Prospects Game at Ralston

Post by Coyote »

I missed this one. I would have gone except I already have a date to finally see Star Wars
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Yeah I don't think it was publicized well at all. Crazy thing is, I just checked their website. Many sections sold out. The only tickets that seem to be available are singles. Impressive for a Tuesday night.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:Yeah I don't think it was publicized well at all. Crazy thing is, I just checked their website. Many sections sold out. The only tickets that seem to be available are singles. Impressive for a Tuesday night.

Greg

Maybe that is why it was not publicized much. If the majority of the tickets were sold right away then why spend money promoting it. I know that a few Hockey friends I know have tickets and have had for a long time. Guessing the Hockey crowd had them snapped up in a hurry.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

It looks like if you wear you O.M.A.H.A jersey you get a free ticket so I am assuming a lot of those seats are being held for that promotion. Very weird there was absolutely no advertising with this. Not that surprised though with the Lancers and Ralston running it.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I knew nothing about it until the other day when the Hockey Hall of Fame hired me to photograph it, so I will be there tonight.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I saw a blurb on a Facebook feed that the Game will be streamed on the net free of charge. Don't remember where you go to get the feed though.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

cp jay 07 wrote:It looks like if you wear you O.M.A.H.A jersey you get a free ticket so I am assuming a lot of those seats are being held for that promotion. Very weird there was absolutely no advertising with this. Not that surprised though with the Lancers and Ralston running it.
The free promo for the Omaha Youth Hockey players requires a ticket, so you get them when you buy the parents tickets in advance. They were not holding or reserving space for them so what you are seeing on the website is actual (my son plays and I coach). They have even taken the link for youth players down.

Greg
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

Lancers season ticket holders have this game included in their packages. So that's probably half the seats. Throw in scouts, league personnel, other teams' fans, and the general hockey community and there really wasn't a need for advertising. It would probably be a waste to heavily promote anyways since relatively few people even care about hockey.

This is primarily an NHL scouting event so while it's just an exhibition game to most of Omaha, it's a significant event in the hockey world. For last year's game in Dubuque, the NHL Network had a half hour special they broadcasted later in the season. Hopefully they'll do it again. It looks like there was a welcome event at Dudley's and Aksarben Cinema last night and a luncheon somewhere today.

Fasthockey.com has the free broadcast tonight. You'll have to sign up with an email address and search the USHL games. The game has a free app you can use to follow along, just search 'USHL'. The app includes a fantasy game where you can win an autographed jersey of the winning team.

It should be a fun game. Hockey scouts are usually fun to talk to as well.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

They are also selling standing room only tickets. A friend of mine just bought two.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Pretty cool event. They did have a snafu at introductions with the smoke detectors being set off.

Once they got that settled, they played a real cool introduction video for the event that really showed off Omaha.

Great crowd, they sold a bunch of standing room only tickets.

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

What would your guess be for attendance? What does this hold?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:What would your guess be for attendance? What does this hold?
I thought right at 4000. Like Greg said, standing room only sections were full, but I am not sure all the Lancers Season ticket holders showed up. There were a couple empty suites. There were a couple suites and that club section on the end that were full of nothing but NHL Scouts. The Blackhawks had a whole suite to themselves and even put the Blackhawk logo on the door.

That phone app for the intro was awesome! All the phone lights blinking to the intro was a really cool idea.
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

[youtube][/youtube]

Tomorrow night at 7:30, The NHL Network has a half hour special about the Top Prospects game. Last year's show mostly followed a few of the top rated players.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

This was well done. Lots of great shots of Omaha. Ralston Arena looked really good too.

Greg
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

[youtube][/youtube]

The show turned out great. It was a great showcase of Omaha and the USHL.