Former Big 12 Rivals

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Former Big 12 Rivals

Post by mrsticka »

Do you ever wonder how Tommy Armstrong, Ameer Abdullah, Kenny Bell, Jordan Westerkamp, DeMornay Pierson-El, Randy Gregory, Nate Gerry, Vincent Valentine, Byerson Cockrell, Maliek Collins and Sam Foltz would do against our former Big 12 rivals such as Colorado, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.?

I think they'd perform pretty well.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Re: Former Big 12 Rivals

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

mrsticka wrote:Do you ever wonder how Tommy Armstrong, Ameer Abdullah, Kenny Bell, Jordan Westerkamp, DeMornay Pierson-El, Randy Gregory, Nate Gerry, Vincent Valentine, Byerson Cockrell, Maliek Collins and Sam Foltz would do against our former Big 12 rivals such as Colorado, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.?

I think you are mistaken. Tommy Armstrong has no business playing quarterback. Tommy has already helped destroy Bo Polini's coaching career and is currently working on ruining head coach Riley's career.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

mrsticka wrote:Do you ever wonder how Tommy Armstrong, Ameer Abdullah, Kenny Bell, Jordan Westerkamp, DeMornay Pierson-El, Randy Gregory, Nate Gerry, Vincent Valentine, Byerson Cockrell, Maliek Collins and Sam Foltz would do against our former Big 12 rivals such as Colorado, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.?

I've wondered this too. There are a couple things to consider. The Big 12 are lacking defense, and are exploding on offense. Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU,Oklahoma State, all have explosive offense but no defense. I think Nebraska would hold down each of those teams and play them solidly and end games in the 30-24 range. None of the other teams are any good and should be beaten quite easily. That said, I think as of right now, Nebraska and Oklahoma would be battling for the championship for years to come.

I think Nebraska would excell in the Big 12, but would fail at the national level, as we saw with Oklahoma
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

Well, I'll admit they wouldn't be perfect. They would have their good days and bad days just like everyone else. Who hasn't?

I like to envision how Nebraska's 2013 season might have gone if they, Colorado, Missouri and Texas A&M were all still in the Big 12:

-Kenny Bell's one-handed catch is against Iowa State. It still makes ESPN's SportsCenter Top #10, reaching #1.
-His 99-yard kickoff return for a touchdown is against Missouri.
-Pat Smith's game-winning field goal kick in overtime is also against Missouri.
-Avery Moss' game-tying pick 6 is against Oklahoma.
-Ron Kellogg III's last-second Hail Mary pass to Jordan Westerkamp to win the game is also against Oklahoma. It makes ESPN's SportsCenter Top #10, easily reaching #1.
-Tommy Armstrong's forward pass to Ameer Abdullah for a game-winning touchdown is against Colorado.