Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

2016 B1G Baseball Tourney at TDA

Post by nebugeater »

Big 10 Baseball Tournament
TDA Park
May 25 - 29 2016

There was a presale password that came out to Husker Season ticket holders for access to buy all session tickets to the Big 10 Tourney in May. I bought tickets on Friday when it came out. The available areas for this presale were limited to sections 112 113 114 and 115.

I went back and looked this AM not really sure what to expect but from when I bought on Friday until today it looks like a fair number have been sold.

Here is to hoping that the Huskers make some noise in the Tournament and Omaha / Nebraska / B1G can exceed the attendance of the event two years ago.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Greg S
City Council

Re: 2016 B1G Baseball Tourney at TDA

Post by Greg S »

I went to a bunch of the games last time and will do so again.

Greg
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

There were 9,866 fans who attended the first day of Big Ten tournament action. The 2014 first-day total was 10,424.

Obviously, if the Huskers can win and survive a few more games, the attendance numbers should remain steady. If they lose and are eliminated, likely that attendance suffers as well. Of course, the rainy, stormy forecast won't help much.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Well there goes that. NU eliminated by Indiana 6-2.
omaha79
Parks & Recreation

Post by omaha79 »

Heckuva choke job by Nebraska. It will be interesting to see what the attendance looks like the rest of the way this year without the Huskers keeping the interest level high.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

omaha79 wrote:Heckuva choke job by Nebraska. It will be interesting to see what the attendance looks like the rest of the way this year without the Huskers keeping the interest level high.
Yes it will, but we can be assured that they already beat the Target Field totals from last year.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

skinzfan23 wrote:
omaha79 wrote:Heckuva choke job by Nebraska. It will be interesting to see what the attendance looks like the rest of the way this year without the Huskers keeping the interest level high.
Yes it will, but we can be assured that they already beat the Target Field totals from last year.
That's not a really high mark to be honest.
No posts exist for this topic
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Weather may also affect attendance as well. This morning's games were extremely light in attendance, but considering they were supposed to be played yesterday, completely understandable.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

The people that run this place need to be taken to task. After the consession stand freaxco of two years ago you would think they would error on the side of being safe

For the champ game today there is no where near enough open and the lines are crazy Come
On get it right one.

Will add a photo later. Too large from the phone

Guessing 8 - 10 K here.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

A friend just commented that he thinks there are more people at the beer line at the B1G tournament than were at the BEast tournament (496)
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

People leaving my are are gone 1 1/2 innings or more to get anything. Forget it if you want a $7 beer
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (139.81 KiB) Viewed 925 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (139.81 KiB) Viewed 925 times
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

That is an easy yes and I don't even need to count

Coyote wrote:A friend just commented that he thinks there are more people at the beer line at the B1G tournament than were at the BEast tournament (496)
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

nebugeater wrote:The people that run this place need to be taken to task. After the consession stand freaxco of two years ago you would think they would error on the side of being safe

For the champ game today there is no where near enough open and the lines are crazy Come
On get it right one.

Will add a photo later. Too large from the phone

Guessing 8 - 10 K here.
I bet when Nebraska got knocked out they told half their staff to not show up. Bit them in the |expletive| when another local team made the finals.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Too much $$$$ and reputation on the line to let happen what they did again today with concessions.

I don't get how they cannot learn from a couple years ago. Sure the Huskers were not there in the finals but plenty of Husker fans were. They were not the majority and it sure helped that Iowa made the final and had a nice showing, really nice in fact. That being said the powers to be need to put their big boy pants on and schedule for the masses and if they miss, then send people home. How much do you need to make on $7 beers, $7 slices of Pizza, $3.50 bottles of what and the list goes on to error on the safe side and BE READY.

What a joke

I hope the news media takes them to task.

The Iowa Fans sitting around me where shaking their head and saying things like how come with such a nice ballpark they do not do anything to make you want to come back? ( A quote basically not somthing I made up)
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:What a joke

I hope the news media takes them to task.
Iowa fans overwhelm ticket booths, concession stands for Big Ten championship game
Susan Szalewski / World-Herald staff writer wrote:...The result was waits as long as an hour at walkup ticket booths and up to 45 minutes at concession stands, fans reported. Only four of the eight permanent concession stands in the ballpark were open, along with some free-standing concession booths, she said. She estimated average waits of about 20 minutes.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

First of all, hats off to Iowa fans for bringing it. They were talking about this on Sharp and Benning, but can you imagine if Nebraska and Iowa every met in the finals? I could see it being sold out.

MECA definitely needs to get it together. 2nd time in 2 tries they got caught off guard by a fan base.

Greg