Nebraska Football 2016

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad

User avatar
Stargazer
County Board
Posts: 3918
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
Location: west Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Stargazer » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:27 pm

It's not just Wisconsin beating LSU (we'll forget about MSU, they're the Big 10's Oregon)... it's giving both Michigan and OSU all they could handle.

That said, I think our defense is good enough to at least keep it close, possibly allowing for a big DPE return or circus catch from O'Reilly/Westercamp, giving us an upset. If Tommy throws more than one INT though, it could be ugly.

I don't expect a win, but a close game would be nice. Every visit to Madison since joining the Big 10, has looked more like a girls basketball game score.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:25 pm

Stargazer wrote:I don't expect a win, but a close game would be nice. Every visit to Madison since joining the Big 10, has looked more like a girls basketball game score.


One observation I'll make to your point, Jeff, is the last 2 Husker teams Pelini brought into Madison did not believe or trust in each other.. as evidenced by the consecutive 48-17 and 59-24 beat downs.. they wilted at the sight of adversity like a bruised flower..

The team Mike Reilly is taking to Madison this year appears poised, believes in one another and is mentally tough.. I'd be shocked if they were routed..

Of course, it also helps that 2016 Wisconsin does not feature Russell Wilson or Melvin Gordon either :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

Busguy2010
Library Board
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Busguy2010 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:15 pm

My hope is the running game will surge so there will be little need for passing. Something like Armstrong around 100 yards rushing with less than 15 pass attempts. I don't know how possible this is since I know so little about Wisconsin's defense. I just think this is the only way to win because featuring Armstrong as a throwing quarterback is a risky bet. Throwing in the option for a couple plays could get Nebraska some key first downs, ahem, MIKE.

User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2150
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omababe » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:28 am

I hope I am wrong but I am just not feeling that optimistic about this game! :(

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20196
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Coyote » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:18 pm

During the Second Quarter of the MU vs MSU game, their Trivia Quiz was name the 5 schools to have at least one player in the last 50 NFL Drafts...

Michigan
Michigan State
Nebraska
USC
Florida
Image

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2051
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby MadMartin8 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:31 pm

Wisconsin is Nebraska's new Texas.
No posts exist for this topic

mrsticka
Human Relations
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby mrsticka » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:58 pm

They lost in overtime. Stagburn it! Well, at least it wasn't a disastrous Pelini-style blowout. The Huskers didn't go down without a fight.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:26 am

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
Stargazer wrote:I don't expect a win, but a close game would be nice. Every visit to Madison since joining the Big 10, has looked more like a girls basketball game score.


One observation I'll make to your point, Jeff, is the last 2 Husker teams Pelini brought into Madison did not believe or trust in each other.. as evidenced by the consecutive 48-17 and 59-24 beat downs.. they wilted at the sight of adversity like a bruised flower..

The team Mike Reilly is taking to Madison this year appears poised, believes in one another and is mentally tough.. I'd be shocked if they were routed..

Of course, it also helps that 2016 Wisconsin does not feature Russell Wilson or Melvin Gordon either :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


Like I said on Thursday.. unfortunately, the Huskers were also victims of officiating "home cooking" which helped seal the Badgers OT victory..

Bring on freakin' Ohio St...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

Busguy2010
Library Board
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Busguy2010 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:07 am

Even though they lost, the Huskers proved they belong in the company. Despite bad Tommy making an appearance, this game came down to the last play. That better mean something.

mrsticka
Human Relations
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby mrsticka » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:42 am

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been a game at Memorial Stadium here in Lincoln that went into overtime?

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 5880
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby nebugeater » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:09 am

mrsticka wrote:Just out of curiosity, has there ever been a game at Memorial Stadium here in Lincoln that went into overtime?



2006 vs. Kansas is one
2005 vs Iowa State is one
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20196
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Coyote » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:37 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (90.9 KiB) Viewed 583 times
Image

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:03 pm

Nice to see Nebraska remain in the Top 10. Deservedly so...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20196
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Coyote » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:19 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (84.48 KiB) Viewed 576 times
Image

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Well, I think we can put to bed wondering if this current Nebraska team is legit (They Are)..

I think the national media sees this now. Going up to Columbus this Saturday and pulling the upset against OSU would be satisfying indeed. I was blistering angry after the OT loss last night and still know NU got homered against Wisconsin.. But if a loss could do anything to improve and prove the Huskers reputation, last nights OT loss did just that...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2051
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby MadMartin8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:11 pm

The refs didn't cause Tommy to complete more passes to the grass and the fans in the stands than he did to his own receivers.
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:33 pm

The refs did allow 2 Wisconsin players (on 3rd down in OT) to mug and knock down Jordan Westerkamp while the ball was in the air inside the 10 yard line which was, clearly, pass interference.. Instead of 1st and goal at the 8 (which without a doubt it should have been) it set up the 4th down end zone pass which fell incomplete and ended the game in favor of the Badgers..

NU got homered and anyone who knows anything about football knows that was pass interference.. which happened right in front of at least 1 official who choked on his flag.. but anywho, it is what it is.. The Huskers actually gained in defeat.. And that's all that matters anyway...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20196
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Coyote » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:38 pm

1. Michigan (8-0, 5-0) Last week: 1
2. Ohio State (7-1, 4-1) Last week: 2
3. Wisconsin (6-2, 3-2) Last week: 3
4. Nebraska (7-1, 4-1) The Cornhuskers acquitted themselves well in a tough OT loss at Wisconsin. But the offense must do more with a game at Ohio State looming. Last week: 4
5. Penn State (6-2, 4-1) Last week: 6
6. Northwestern (4-4, 3-2) Last week: 5
7. Iowa (5-3, 3-2) Last week: 7
8. Minnesota (6-2, 3-2) Last week: 8
9. Indiana (4-4, 2-3) Last week: 10
10. Maryland (5-3, 2-3) Last week: 9
11. Michigan State (2-6, 0-5) Last week: 11
12. Purdue (3-5, 1-4) Last week: 12
13. Illinois (2-6, 1-4) Last week: 13
14. Rutgers (2-6, 0-5) Last week: 14
Image

Busguy2010
Library Board
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Busguy2010 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:08 am

They are still in control of the west and their playoff bid. The best remaining scenario for the Big 10 is Nebraska and Michigan winning out and meeting in the championship game.

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2051
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby MadMartin8 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:58 am

Omaha Cowboy wrote:The refs did allow 2 Wisconsin players (on 3rd down in OT) to mug and knock down Jordan Westerkamp while the ball was in the air inside the 10 yard line which was, clearly, pass interference.. Instead of 1st and goal at the 8 (which without a doubt it should have been) it set up the 4th down end zone pass which fell incomplete and ended the game in favor of the Badgers..

NU got homered and anyone who knows anything about football knows that was pass interference.. which happened right in front of at least 1 official who choked on his flag.. but anywho, it is what it is.. The Huskers actually gained in defeat.. And that's all that matters anyway...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


And then Wisconsin fans can go through each call as well and blah blah. Craptastic calls happen both ways each game that can influence the outcome, had Tommy completed even just a bit over 50 percent and not thrown 2 picks, it would have been a moot point.

Ohio State next week may also have some "home cooking" so best be prepared.
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:17 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:The refs did allow 2 Wisconsin players (on 3rd down in OT) to mug and knock down Jordan Westerkamp while the ball was in the air inside the 10 yard line which was, clearly, pass interference.. Instead of 1st and goal at the 8 (which without a doubt it should have been) it set up the 4th down end zone pass which fell incomplete and ended the game in favor of the Badgers..

NU got homered and anyone who knows anything about football knows that was pass interference.. which happened right in front of at least 1 official who choked on his flag.. but anywho, it is what it is.. The Huskers actually gained in defeat.. And that's all that matters anyway...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


And then Wisconsin fans can go through each call as well and blah blah. Craptastic calls happen both ways each game that can influence the outcome, had Tommy completed even just a bit over 50 percent and not thrown 2 picks, it would have been a moot point.

Ohio State next week may also have some "home cooking" so best be prepared.


I don't think Badger fans have anything to complain about but thanking their lucky stars the ref ate his flag, lol.. but like I've said, Nebraska gained from losing and that's all that matters..

I've moved on.. let's see if we get "Good Tommy" to make an appearance in Columbus.. unless, of course, you don't like NU.. then a "Bad Tommy" appearance is what you'd hope/pray for...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:18 pm

Busguy2010 wrote:They are still in control of the west and their playoff bid. The best remaining scenario for the Big 10 is Nebraska and Michigan winning out and meeting in the championship game.


Completely agree :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2051
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby MadMartin8 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:00 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:The refs did allow 2 Wisconsin players (on 3rd down in OT) to mug and knock down Jordan Westerkamp while the ball was in the air inside the 10 yard line which was, clearly, pass interference.. Instead of 1st and goal at the 8 (which without a doubt it should have been) it set up the 4th down end zone pass which fell incomplete and ended the game in favor of the Badgers..

NU got homered and anyone who knows anything about football knows that was pass interference.. which happened right in front of at least 1 official who choked on his flag.. but anywho, it is what it is.. The Huskers actually gained in defeat.. And that's all that matters anyway...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


And then Wisconsin fans can go through each call as well and blah blah. Craptastic calls happen both ways each game that can influence the outcome, had Tommy completed even just a bit over 50 percent and not thrown 2 picks, it would have been a moot point.

Ohio State next week may also have some "home cooking" so best be prepared.


I don't think Badger fans have anything to complain about but thanking their lucky stars the ref ate his flag, lol.. but like I've said, Nebraska gained from losing and that's all that matters..

I've moved on.. let's see if we get "Good Tommy" to make an appearance in Columbus.. unless, of course, you don't like NU.. then a "Bad Tommy" appearance is what you'd hope/pray for...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


If Good Tommy shows up, Nebraska would be hard pressed to be stopped (if they can also get even somewhat consistent Line play) with the weapons they have surrounding him.
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:09 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:The refs did allow 2 Wisconsin players (on 3rd down in OT) to mug and knock down Jordan Westerkamp while the ball was in the air inside the 10 yard line which was, clearly, pass interference.. Instead of 1st and goal at the 8 (which without a doubt it should have been) it set up the 4th down end zone pass which fell incomplete and ended the game in favor of the Badgers..

NU got homered and anyone who knows anything about football knows that was pass interference.. which happened right in front of at least 1 official who choked on his flag.. but anywho, it is what it is.. The Huskers actually gained in defeat.. And that's all that matters anyway...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


And then Wisconsin fans can go through each call as well and blah blah. Craptastic calls happen both ways each game that can influence the outcome, had Tommy completed even just a bit over 50 percent and not thrown 2 picks, it would have been a moot point.

Ohio State next week may also have some "home cooking" so best be prepared.


I don't think Badger fans have anything to complain about but thanking their lucky stars the ref ate his flag, lol.. but like I've said, Nebraska gained from losing and that's all that matters..

I've moved on.. let's see if we get "Good Tommy" to make an appearance in Columbus.. unless, of course, you don't like NU.. then a "Bad Tommy" appearance is what you'd hope/pray for...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


If Good Tommy shows up, Nebraska would be hard pressed to be stopped (if they can also get even somewhat consistent Line play) with the weapons they have surrounding him.


Agreed.. Also, it wouldn't hurt if TE Cethan Carter was available either..

I'm thinking this should be a good match up...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Stargazer
County Board
Posts: 3918
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
Location: west Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Stargazer » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:48 pm

The Northwestern win, was nearly as embarrassing for OSU as the Penn State loss. I suspect they're going to be more 'focused' Saturday, with something to prove. I sure hope good Tommy shows up.

Busguy2010
Library Board
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Busguy2010 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:42 am

When was the last time Nebraska played on ABC at night in a game that actually matters? Better yet, they have an opportunity to confirm their national relevance for the first time in 15 years. I'm not looking forward to the BS Kirk Herbstreit will spit all game though. I hope that guy will talk up OSU till the last play and turn around and kiss Husker nation's butt when they win.

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3518
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Greg S » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:21 am

Stargazer wrote:The Northwestern win, was nearly as embarrassing for OSU as the Penn State loss. I suspect they're going to be more 'focused' Saturday, with something to prove. I sure hope good Tommy shows up.


I hope he's healthy. As a dual threat QB really needs to be close to 100% running the ball.

Greg

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Busguy2010 wrote: I'm not looking forward to the BS Kirk Herbstreit will spit all game though. I hope that guy will talk up OSU till the last play and turn around and kiss Husker nation's butt when they win.


I support this scenario :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3518
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Greg S » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:45 pm

I have zero issues with Herbstreit.

Greg

mrsticka
Human Relations
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby mrsticka » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:54 pm

Kirk Herbstreit? Didn’t he used to be Brent Musburger’s side man? Now he hasn't commentated on a Nebraska football game in quite a while. What was the last one Brent commentated on?

Busguy2010
Library Board
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Busguy2010 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:57 am

mrsticka wrote:Kirk Herbstreit? Didn’t he used to be Brent Musburger’s side man? Now he hasn't commentated on a Nebraska football game in quite a while. What was the last one Brent commentated on?


Last time Nebraska was the #1 game was at Michigan State in 2014. Last time Musburger had Nebraska was at Wisconsin 2011. It is beyond me the last time Nebraska has shown up for the #1 game, let alone won one. Or had one in Lincoln. Maybe ESPN on ABC only wants to feature the Huskers on the road.

I know this year's team will show the nation their admirable fight and I think they have a good chance to win. ESPN favors OSU by 86% but football is 50% win - 50% loss

mrsticka
Human Relations
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby mrsticka » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:04 am

Busguy2010 wrote:
mrsticka wrote:Kirk Herbstreit? Didn’t he used to be Brent Musburger’s side man? Now he hasn't commentated on a Nebraska football game in quite a while. What was the last one Brent commentated on?


Last time Nebraska was the #1 game was at Michigan State in 2014. Last time Musburger had Nebraska was at Wisconsin 2011. It is beyond me the last time Nebraska has shown up for the #1 game, let alone won one. Or had one in Lincoln. Maybe ESPN on ABC only wants to feature the Huskers on the road.

I know this year's team will show the nation their admirable fight and I think they have a good chance to win. ESPN favors OSU by 86% but football is 50% win - 50% loss

He used to commentate on many college football games in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. I understand he isn't very well liked here in Nebraska. Wonder why that is? Would it have something to do with his being cited for an open alcohol container in his vehicle here in Lincoln in 2005?

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3518
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Greg S » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:42 am

For Musburger and the open container, I can't think that would hurt him around here.

I know back in the 80's there were some reports he could be difficult to work with (I remember he kept mispronouncing a NU's players name even after he was corrected off air).

I have no issues with Brent at all. I loved watching him, Jimmy the Greek, Irv and Phyllis in the 70's on the CBS NFL pregame show. I also love his tag line, "you're looking live" and the reason behind it.

I think some fans have issues with these national guys because they are so used to the homers that are local. Hearing someone who is impartial after the homers makes it seem like they are against us.

Greg

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2051
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby MadMartin8 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:55 pm

Greg S wrote:For Musburger and the open container, I can't think that would hurt him around here.

I know back in the 80's there were some reports he could be difficult to work with (I remember he kept mispronouncing a NU's players name even after he was corrected off air).

I have no issues with Brent at all. I loved watching him, Jimmy the Greek, Irv and Phyllis in the 70's on the CBS NFL pregame show. I also love his tag line, "you're looking live" and the reason behind it.

I think some fans have issues with these national guys because they are so used to the homers that are local. Hearing someone who is impartial after the homers makes it seem like they are against us.

Greg



Agreed completely.
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:42 am

I have a friend who absolutely can't stand Brent Musburger for some reason, lol..

I've never had a problem with him..or Herbstreit for that matter.. I am amused by people that do however :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2051
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby MadMartin8 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:16 pm

Talk about worst case scenario for Nebraska...ouchies.

Totally and utterly exposed tonight.
No posts exist for this topic

Busguy2010
Library Board
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Busguy2010 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:26 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:Talk about worst case scenario for Nebraska...ouchies.

Totally and utterly exposed tonight.


Yep just goes to show hopes and predictions mean nothing. Sometimes they're right sometimes they're wrong. When it comes to Nebraska in primetime, they're really right.

Wisconsin vs Michigan or Ohio State.

Still a positive year. Looking for the Huskers to win out.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Even in my worst Husker nightmare could I anticipate, at the time of typing this, 62-3 with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter..

An old saying when you get whupped- "it was men against boys out there tonight" is certainly appropriate and then some.. Nebraska was completely over matched in every way a team can (and could) be overmatched. Embarrassing really..

The most important component, from a real level, is thankfully Tommy Armstrong is okay and the young man didn't sustain any horribly severe injury..

The Huskers football program has work to do. A TON of work to do. Tonight showed they do not belong in the conversation of top 10 teams. The reality is, they are in that 20-30 range.. An improvement over last year of course.. But not anywhere near the college football playoff or even Big 10 Championship conversation at this point..

Very dissapointing, but at least now, we all can see the state of where the Husker football program actually is.. And that's nowhere near elite Top 10...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

Busguy2010
Library Board
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Busguy2010 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:56 pm

True I was really worried about Tommy and very happy he even came back to the stadium. That was a really scary moment in the game.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Nebraska Football 2016

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Busguy2010 wrote:True I was really worried about Tommy and very happy he even came back to the stadium. That was a really scary moment in the game.


:yes: :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!


Return to “Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests