Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby MadMartin8 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:57 pm

I will take a 14 point road win in conference play against a decent team any day of the week. Up next is the big showdown with Butler, which could be the second top 10 matchup in Omaha this season!
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5349
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby skinzfan23 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Heck yes...a 13pt road win followed up by a 14pt win vs two good teams. Watson finished with 11 pts and season-high 14 assts. Patton had 20 pts.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Coyote » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Sounds like both Mo and JP had the flu.
Image

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Butler was ranked 18th this week and CU 10th. Did you see Butler pushing into the top 10/passing Creighton?..

I know they upset the #1 team.. But moving up that many spots into the top 10 seems like a bit of a stretch..

We'll see...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby MadMartin8 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:52 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:Butler was ranked 18th this week and CU 10th. Did you see Butler pushing into the top 10/passing Creighton?..

I know they upset the #1 team.. But moving up that many spots into the top 10 seems like a bit of a stretch..

We'll see...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


That's my mistake, I thought they were 12th. Clearly I need glasses :lol:
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:09 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:Butler was ranked 18th this week and CU 10th. Did you see Butler pushing into the top 10/passing Creighton?..

I know they upset the #1 team.. But moving up that many spots into the top 10 seems like a bit of a stretch..

We'll see...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


That's my mistake, I thought they were 12th. Clearly I need glasses :lol:


Lol.. Well, I believe it'll be a matchup of 2 teams ranked in the top 15 :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Coyote » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:14 am

AP
#3 Villanova
#8 Creighton
#12 Butler
#15 Xavier
#26 Seton Hall
Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28665
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Brad » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:35 am

Coyote wrote:AP
#3 Villanova
#8 Creighton
#12 Butler
#15 Xavier
#26 Seton Hall


Sweet, that's Creighton's highest ever ranking in the AP.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5349
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby skinzfan23 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:49 am

Brad wrote:
Sweet, that's Creighton's highest ever ranking in the AP.

Yes it is :D

If they can get past Butler on Wednesday, there is a chance they could move up another spot or two.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:43 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:
Brad wrote:
Sweet, that's Creighton's highest ever ranking in the AP.

Yes it is :D

If they can get past Butler on Wednesday, there is a chance they could move up another spot or two.


16-1 after Wednesday night has a nice ring to it..

Doesn't it? :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby MadMartin8 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Very close to another top 10 matchup. Gotta win this one!
No posts exist for this topic

jag42
Home Owners Association
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby jag42 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:06 pm

Creighton's gotta get past my alma mater this Saturday:. NCAA D-II Truman State! :D

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5349
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby skinzfan23 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:41 am

Big game tonight....looks like only a few hundred seats left, which is great for an 8:00 PM Wednesday night game.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:19 pm

I think the Bluejays defend their home court tonight and get a huge Big East home victory...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby MadMartin8 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:I think the Bluejays defend their home court tonight and get a huge Big East home victory...

Ciao..LiO...Peace



I got a bad feeling about this one. If Butler muddies it up enough as they like to do, it could knock the Jays out of a rythm enough to make them lose. That said, if the Jays break through, it could be a good comfortable win with for Creighton.
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Coyote » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 pm

Holy |expletive|! Creighton by 20 at half?
Image

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Coyote » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:13 pm

#12 Butler 64
# 8 Creighton 75
Image

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby MadMartin8 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Coyote wrote:#12 Butler 64
# 8 Creighton 75


Wow. Just, wow.
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:34 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:I think the Bluejays defend their home court tonight and get a huge Big East home victory...

Ciao..LiO...Peace



I got a bad feeling about this one. If Butler muddies it up enough as they like to do, it could knock the Jays out of a rythm enough to make them lose. That said, if the Jays break through, it could be a good comfortable win with for Creighton.


The Bluejays left no doubt tonight..

How does 16-1 feel? :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5349
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:14 am

Great game. The 1st half was the most complete half of ball for the Jays this year.

Also, only the 2nd time in Creighton history that they have had 3 consecutive games of over 18,000 in attendance. (2014, Doug's last 3 home games, were the only other games)

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28665
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Brad » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:21 am

Photos from Adam (AlmightyTuna) and I last night

http://whiteandbluereview.com/photo-gal ... 12-butler/

Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Excellent photography Brad and Adam!...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby MadMartin8 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:I think the Bluejays defend their home court tonight and get a huge Big East home victory...

Ciao..LiO...Peace



I got a bad feeling about this one. If Butler muddies it up enough as they like to do, it could knock the Jays out of a rythm enough to make them lose. That said, if the Jays break through, it could be a good comfortable win with for Creighton.


The Bluejays left no doubt tonight..

How does 16-1 feel? :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace



Pretty darn good. 17-1 and 18-1 will feel even better. 19-1 and 20-1 will feel amazing.

After that I may be spent and need a cigarette. :P
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Coyote » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Greg McDermott grateful for Creighton's fan support

Jon Nyatawa - World-Herald staff writer wrote:The Jays have now moved into fourth place nationally in average attendance (17,289). And with seven home games remaining -- Saturday's matchup with Truman State is already at/near capacity -- they may end the year with a school record, too.

2016-17: 17,289 (4th nationally) … 7 home games left
2015-16: 15,941 (10th)
2014-15: 17,048 (6th)
2013-14: 17,896 (5th) … CU record
2012-13: 17,155 (6th)
2011-12: 16,665 (6th)
2010-11: 13,507 (22nd)
2009-10: 14,495 (15th)
2008-09: 15,930 (12th)
2007-08: 15,333 (15th)
2006-07: 15,909 (13th)
Image

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:00 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:I think the Bluejays defend their home court tonight and get a huge Big East home victory...

Ciao..LiO...Peace



I got a bad feeling about this one. If Butler muddies it up enough as they like to do, it could knock the Jays out of a rythm enough to make them lose. That said, if the Jays break through, it could be a good comfortable win with for Creighton.


The Bluejays left no doubt tonight..

How does 16-1 feel? :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace



Pretty darn good. 17-1 and 18-1 will feel even better. 19-1 and 20-1 will feel amazing.

After that I may be spent and need a cigarette. :P


That is classic LOL :clap: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5349
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:10 am

Matt DeMarinis ‏@mjdemarinis 12h12 hours ago
#Creighton's Zach Hanson got his protective boot off Monday. If there are no setbacks, doctors told him an early February return is likely.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Coyote » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:52 am

skinzfan23 wrote:
Matt DeMarinis ‏@mjdemarinis 12h12 hours ago
#Creighton's Zach Hanson got his protective boot off Monday. If there are no setbacks, doctors told him an early February return is likely.

They talked about that on the Creighton hour Radio show last night. Getting extra help for Patton will be huge...
Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28665
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Brad » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:07 am

Creighton Basketball ‏@BluejayMBB wrote:Reminder...Creighton coach Greg McDermott joins @jimrome at 11:20 am today. Listen on 1180 AM or at http://v6.player.abacast.net/2760
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Coyote » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Creighton Assists Leaders

1. 570 - Ryan Sears - 1997-01
2. 505 - Antoine Young - 2008-12
3. 498 - Grant Gibbs - 2011-14
4. 493 - Austin Chatman - 2011-15
5. 430 - Tyler McKinney - 2001-05
6. 388 - Josh Dotzler - 2005-09
7. 386 - Maurice WATSON Jr. - 2015-17
8. 323 - Nate Funk - 2002-07
9. 298 - Jahenns Manigat - 2010-14
10. 294 - Kyle Korver - 1999-03
Image

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5349
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby skinzfan23 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Coyote wrote:Creighton Assists Leaders

1. 570 - Ryan Sears - 1997-01
2. 505 - Antoine Young - 2008-12
3. 498 - Grant Gibbs - 2011-14
4. 493 - Austin Chatman - 2011-15
5. 430 - Tyler McKinney - 2001-05
6. 388 - Josh Dotzler - 2005-09
7. 386 - Maurice WATSON Jr. - 2015-17
8. 323 - Nate Funk - 2002-07
9. 298 - Jahenns Manigat - 2010-14
10. 294 - Kyle Korver - 1999-03


Not sure where you got those stats. Here are the ones posted on Creighton's website before today's game.

Most Creighton Assists, Since 1970-71
Ast. GP Name Years
1. 570 124 Ryan Sears 1997-01
2. 549 82 Ralph Bobik 1971-74
3. 505 142 Antoine Young 2008-12
4. 498 100 Grant Gibbs 2011-14
5. 493 139 Austin Chatman 2011-15
6. 458 89 Randy Eccker 1974-78
7. 430 110 Tyler McKinney 2001-05
8. 418 115 Vernon Moore 1981-85
9. 388 117 Josh Dotzler 2005-09
10. 382 124 Duan Cole 1987-92
11. 382 52 Maurice Watson Jr. 2015-Pres.
12. 332 113 Kevin McKenna 1977-81

So after today, he would be tied with Dotzler for 9th place.

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5349
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby skinzfan23 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Not a great 1st half today. Thankfully they came out stronger in the 2nd and took care of business. Nice to Ronnie get some minutes and play well. I still think he should be the 2nd or 3rd man off the bench. We could use his length to get some rebounds. Also nice to see Mintz get some min and be productive.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Coyote » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:46 am

Going down the stretch, Creighton has 4 away games that will test their strength as a team:

01-16 at Xavier 13-4 (3-2)
01-31 at Butler 15-3 (4-2)
02-15 at Seton Hall 12-5 (2-3)
02-25 at Villanova 17-1 (5-1)

Tomorrow's game will be very telling of where they are going.
Image

almighty_tuna
County Board
Posts: 4468
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby almighty_tuna » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Every year I do a game entirely in black and white. Here are a few photos and a link to the full gallery from yesterday's Creighton vs Truman State game: http://bit.ly/2iAkKPr

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28665
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Brad » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Nice Photos Adam!
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

almighty_tuna
County Board
Posts: 4468
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby almighty_tuna » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Brad wrote:Nice Photos Adam!


Thanks, Brad! Things were looking sketchy by the end of the first half. I wouldn't have wanted to be in the locker room during halftime. I'm sure Greg had a lot to say about the quality of play. Also, I don't know that I've ever seen Patton blocked and feed passes to him intercepted as successfully as was done by Truman State in the first half. The remaining teams on the Big East schedule would be wise to study some of that game footage.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:18 am

almighty_tuna wrote:
Brad wrote:Nice Photos Adam!


Thanks, Brad! Things were looking sketchy by the end of the first half. I wouldn't have wanted to be in the locker room during halftime. I'm sure Greg had a lot to say about the quality of play. Also, I don't know that I've ever seen Patton blocked and feed passes to him intercepted as successfully as was done by Truman State in the first half. The remaining teams on the Big East schedule would be wise to study some of that game footage.


I second that regarding the photography!..

Regarding the game, yeah.. The Jays pretty much sleep walked through the last 7 minutes of the first half. The first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, however, they turned the game into the snooze fest we all expected it to be :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5349
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby skinzfan23 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:46 am

New AP just came out:

Jays tied for 7th!!!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Coyote » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:52 am

Sole possession of 7th in USA Today poll.
Image

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9034
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby iamjacobm » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Season hinges on Mo's knee. Even if he's out a month, we need him in march.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Creighton Basketball 2016-2017

Postby Coyote » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Maurice Watson told Coach McDermott: "I'm done. I heard it pop."
Image


Return to “Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest