Golf in Omaha

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

ad2330
Home Owners Association

Golf in Omaha

Post by ad2330 »

I've heard rumblings there might be something to the web.com returning to Omaha? Would be awesome for the tournament to return to Omaha. If I remember correctly, Omaha was one of their staple tournaments while it was part of the tour schedule.

I think many folks miss the event and I think it would be well received should it return. :cheers:
bmt
Home Owners Association

Re: Golf in Omaha

Post by bmt »

ad2330 wrote:I've heard rumblings there might be something to the web.com returning to Omaha? Would be awesome for the tournament to return to Omaha. If I remember correctly, Omaha was one of their staple tournaments while it was part of the tour schedule.

I think many folks miss the event and I think it would be well received should it return. :cheers:
That would be an interesting development. I wonder where it would be played at. I know that when it was hosted by Champions Run the members were getting tired of closing down the course for at least 2 weeks a summer.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Golf in Omaha

Post by Coyote »

bmt wrote:
ad2330 wrote:I've heard rumblings there might be something to the web.com returning to Omaha? Would be awesome for the tournament to return to Omaha. If I remember correctly, Omaha was one of their staple tournaments while it was part of the tour schedule.

That would be an interesting development. I wonder where it would be played at. I know that when it was hosted by Champions Run the members were getting tired of closing down the course for at least 2 weeks a summer.
Not only closing it down for two weeks... But in order for the course to be as pristine as possible for the players (and TV) the before event playing time was limited, and the after event finished quality of the course...