PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6082
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby nebugeater » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:59 am

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES VS. DENVER NUGGETS

October 12, 2016 at PBA

https://www.pinnaclebankarena.com/event ... er-nuggets

Tickets go on sale on June 24.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5200
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:19 am

Wow, wonder why PBA is getting these and not the CLink.

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5200
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:48 am

Doesn't sound like the crowd was too good last night. According to the World Herald, announced attendance of only 7,153, with a lot fewer that were actually there.

The article also states that the Bulls/Hawks game in Omaha is sold out, but according to ticketmaster there are still around 500 tickets left. Either way, there should be around 17,000 at the game.

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby Greg S » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:30 am

Yeah they were talking about this on 1620 this morning. Gary Sharp went. Tickets were way over priced (I did get an email last week on some discounts), and the game had zero promotion behind it. Throw in two teams that aren't a huge draw, and this is what you'd get.

I honestly don't know any current Nuggets players.

If they do this again, they better have a marquee team or at least know the market and price the tickets better.

Greg

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5200
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:37 am

Greg S wrote:Yeah they were talking about this on 1620 this morning. Gary Sharp went. Tickets were way over priced (I did get an email last week on some discounts), and the game had zero promotion behind it. Throw in two teams that aren't a huge draw, and this is what you'd get.

I honestly don't know any current Nuggets players.

If they do this again, they better have a marquee team or at least know the market and price the tickets better.

Greg

The only Nugget player I have heard of is Jameer Nelson. They also have Mike Miller.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6178
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:23 pm

You mean to tell me Dikembe Mutombo no longer plays for the Nuggets? :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6082
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby nebugeater » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:48 pm

Wonder who takes the gate on these things? DOes the NBA / Teams rent the arena and promote it and get the gate? Of is this a locally produced event where the teams get some sort of fee but all else is up to the arena or promoter.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby Greg S » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:09 pm

nebugeater wrote:Wonder who takes the gate on these things? DOes the NBA / Teams rent the arena and promote it and get the gate? Of is this a locally produced event where the teams get some sort of fee but all else is up to the arena or promoter.




They indicated on Sharp and Benning that the Timberwolves were behind it. Brought their cheerleaders, mascot and staff.

Greg

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby MadMartin8 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:05 am

skinzfan23 wrote:Doesn't sound like the crowd was too good last night. According to the World Herald, announced attendance of only 7,153, with a lot fewer that were actually there.

The article also states that the Bulls/Hawks game in Omaha is sold out, but according to ticketmaster there are still around 500 tickets left. Either way, there should be around 17,000 at the game.


The newness wore off and it wasn't Husker related. Bring in Lue's team and the place would be packed.
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Taco
Home Owners Association
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:34 am

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby Taco » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:20 am

If you brought in the Cavs it would be selling out for a different reason than being "Lue's team" lol

Joe_Sovereign
Library Board
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:57 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby Joe_Sovereign » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:38 am

I looked at buying tickets for this and it was priced like a regular season NBA game. Lower bowl seats were over $80 with most well over $100. That is before you pay about 25% in fees to actually purchase the ticket.

Also meaningless NBA preseason games are horrible. Important players sit out or play limited minutes, bad players who are fighting for the last spots on the roster get to play to show what they can do.

If they had cut prices in half across the board they could have sold out easily and everyone would have had more fun in a full arena.

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Postby Greg S » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:08 am

Joe_Sovereign wrote:I looked at buying tickets for this and it was priced like a regular season NBA game. Lower bowl seats were over $80 with most well over $100. That is before you pay about 25% in fees to actually purchase the ticket.

Also meaningless NBA preseason games are horrible. Important players sit out or play limited minutes, bad players who are fighting for the last spots on the roster get to play to show what they can do.

If they had cut prices in half across the board they could have sold out easily and everyone would have had more fun in a full arena.



Agreed, I looked into this game early on because I figured Creighton fans would sell out the Omaha game during the pre-sale phase. Was caught off guard how expensive the tickets were, especially the lower bowl.

Greg


Return to “Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest