City Council

Re: Nebraska Football 2017

Post by Coyote »

. :arrow: .
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Busguy2010 wrote:This win gave me some hope and I will be totally satisfied if this particular team can hang with Wisconsin. I'll hold off on making a prediction, but as of right now, I think this game will be surprisingly close.
Yes, I agree. And I think that’s exactly what I was trying to convey in my Post..Not that I feel good about NU pulling off the win vs Wisconsin, but that they can actually/potentially hang with them.. And if that happens, and NU were to win the turnover battle, they would be in prime position to pull the upset..

I, too, will be holding off until mid week to give my game prediction. But the feeling I have right now, is that it will be a close one...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Coyote wrote:. :arrow: .
LOL. Maybe “Team Omaha Forum” should scrimmage the Badgers this week to soften them up for the Big Red :mrgreen: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:
mrsticka wrote:Maybe it'll go into overtime again like last year? :lol:

Just kidding. I don't think it will.

That's one thing Nebraska never did with Oklahoma or Texas–Go into overtime against them.
Well there was that overtime.........way back in 1978 when Nebraska was lucky enough to eek out a regular season 17-14 win against the undefeated Oklahoma Sooners only to find out that we had to play them again in the Orange Bowl on New years Day.
Only because they lost to Missouri the very next week.

But hypothetically speaking, how do you think Nebraska would do if they went into overtime against Oklahoma or Texas? Against Texas, they'd probably lose considering they seemed to have Nebraska's number. But Oklahoma, it could go either way. I'm sure Nebraska could pull it off against Oklahoma, but considering their record against the Huskers, there's a very real possibility they would more than likely win.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

mrsticka wrote:
GrandpaaSmucker wrote:

That's one thing Nebraska never did with Oklahoma or Texas–Go into overtime against them.
Well there was that overtime.........way back in 1978 when Nebraska was lucky enough to eek out a regular season 17-14 win against the undefeated Oklahoma Sooners only to find out that we had to play them again in the Orange Bowl on New years Day.

But hypothetically speaking, how do you think Nebraska would do if they went into overtime against Oklahoma or Texas? Against Texas, they'd probably lose considering they seemed to have Nebraska's number. But Oklahoma, it could go either way. I'm sure Nebraska could pull it off against Oklahoma, but considering their record against the Huskers, there's a very real possibility they would more than likely win.

Wait, are you saying this year's Nebraska team would fair better against this year's Oklahoma team than this year's Texas team?
No posts exist for this topic
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

MadMartin8 wrote:
mrsticka wrote:
GrandpaaSmucker wrote:

Wait, are you saying this year's Nebraska team would fair better against this year's Oklahoma team than this year's Texas team?
This year? I highly doubt it. In past years, maybe. But this year, not a chance in he ll. Tanner Lee would probably be throwing too many interceptions.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

mrsticka wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
mrsticka wrote:
GrandpaaSmucker wrote:

This year? I highly doubt it. In past years, maybe. But this year, not a chance in he ll. Tanner Lee would probably be throwing too many interceptions.

Okay, phew. I was worried you got into some serious drugs and we needed to prepare an intervention.
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

MadMartin8 wrote:
mrsticka wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
mrsticka wrote:
GrandpaaSmucker wrote:

Okay, phew. I was worried you got into some serious drugs and we needed to prepare an intervention.
:lol: I assure you that's not necessary.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

Alright, it's about time I made my prediction.

Wisconsin is a good team, but the Huskers haven't lost a conference home night game since we joined the Big10, regardless of opponent ranking. Wisconsin is the #9 ranked team coming into the game and are favored by 12 points. They will not walk into Memorial Stadium and cover that spread, but I will be realistic. Wisconsin should win the game 31-24.

But, you never seem to really know with the Huskers at home, so the fan in me says Nebraska pulls off the "upset" 28-27.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Trev Alberts says that after prayerful consideration that he is not a candidate for the AD job.
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Coyote wrote:Trev Alberts says that after prayerful consideration that he is not a candidate for the AD job.
Good for Lincoln, not so for UNO.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Coyote wrote:Trev Alberts says that after prayerful consideration that he is not a candidate for the AD job.

Darn, so close!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Well, I guess it’s time to throw my hat into the prediction ring for the Saturday night contest..

Mike Reilly needs this game..He REALLY needs this game..And so does the Husker fan base..

So will NU pull the night game upset of top 10 Wisconsin in Lincoln?..

My heart says YES! But my mind says NO.. Put the two together:

Wisconsin- 23 NU- 13..

For once this season, I hope my heart prevails over my mind...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

AS much as I want to see a Husker win I just don' see it working out. I too hope I am wrong.

Huskers loose 35-21
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Either 48 to 10 Wisconsin, or 24 to 21 Nebraska.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Question;

Who has scored more points against Nebraska; Tanner Lee, or the opposing offenses?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

MadMartin8 wrote:Question;

Who has scored more points against Nebraska; Tanner Lee, or the opposing offenses?
Can't really blame Lee on a jump ball...
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Coyote wrote:

A jump ball semi - near the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 2?

Seems there is multiple problems with this picture.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Blame the coaching staff.. You have a 3rd and 2, at the Wisconsin 20 yard line..You have a mistake prone QB against a Top 10 team.. You RUN THE FOOTBALL in that situation..

The coaching staff needs to know their personal better. It’s play calls like that which will get Mike Reilly fired...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:Blame the coaching staff.. You have a 3rd and 2, at the Wisconsin 20 yard line..You have a mistake prone QB against a Top 10 team.. You RUN THE FOOTBALL in that situation..
Bingo. I think even Barney "The Purple Dinosaur" Cotton was a better OC for Nebraska than this guy. That's saying something.
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

Huskers can't get out of their own way, again.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Coyote wrote:

Yeah, I agree on that. Langsdorf fault there.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Coyote wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Coyote wrote:

Yeah, I agree on that. Langsdorf fault there.

Make no mistake, Langsdorf never should call that play, but had Lee had some vision like any normal QB that probably doesn't end up a Pick 6.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:Blame the coaching staff.. You have a 3rd and 2, at the Wisconsin 20 yard line..You have a mistake prone QB against a Top 10 team.. You RUN THE FOOTBALL in that situation..
Bingo. I think even Barney "The Purple Dinosaur" Cotton was a better OC for Nebraska than this guy. That's saying something.
NU should consider themselves very fortunate to only be down 7 at halftime.. Reilly almost blew that last FG attempt with W T F clock management before the end of the half...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
NU should consider themselves very fortunate to only be down 7 at halftime.. Reilly almost blew that last FG attempt with W T F clock management before the end of the half...

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Seems to be a common theme throughout his coaching career from what I am told by Husker fan friends. Nebraska's defense is playing pretty decently, outside of that one huge run, we'll see how long that lasts though.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Nebraska's defense is playing pretty decently, outside of that one huge run, we'll see how long that lasts though.
The latest pick 6 by the Husker defense proves that to be the case...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Nebraska's defense is playing pretty decently, outside of that one huge run, we'll see how long that lasts though.

Ciao..LiO...Peace

The momentum has shifted to Nebraska's favor big time, for now. I wonder if the fans in the stands were a bit confused by seeing a positive Pick 6 :).
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace

The momentum has shifted to Nebraska's favor big time, for now. I wonder if the fans in the stands were a bit confused by seeing a positive Pick 6 :).
Probably spoke too soon. The NU D is about to give up a 92 yard drive...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

Huskers must not like momentum. Offense plays well, defense doesn't show up. Defense gets stops, offense goes three and out. Defense finally gets a pick six, then turns into a sieve the very next drive.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Hence the "for now" :) We have to always include caveats when talking about Nebraska football from 2000 to the present.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Hence the "for now" :) We have to always include caveats when talking about Nebraska football from 2000 to the present.
Lol.. Well, now NU heads into a very precarious part of this game- down 7, beginning of the 4th quarter. Remember, my pick was WU-23 NU-13.. I sense a FG and a 10 point lead will ice the game for Wisconsin...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

Wisconsin is honoring the 97 Husker team by running down Nebraska's throat. They own both lines of scrimmage now.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

twiztid1 wrote:Wisconsin is honoring the 97 Husker team by running down Nebraska's throat. They own both lines of scrimmage now.
That just about sums it up.. They’re the 9th ranked team in college football for a reason..

This Wisconsin team is everything a Husker fan wants the NU team to be...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Wisconsin's Taylor and their O-Line came to play. They were strong.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

And the next 2 games don’t get any easier- Home against Ohio St then at Purdue..

The Huskers are staring at a 3-5 record after 8 games. This is likely the beginning of the end of the Mike Reilly “era” at Nebraska...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

A career day for a Badger running back against Nebraska; never would have seen that coming.

Any hope Riley had to keep his job are now gone. He had a real shot at winning the West with a win tonight. He's now 0-5 against Wisconsin and Iowa. I still say get rid of him now. Maybe a coaching change would get the team's attention. If not, oh well the rest of the season is meaningless. Get a head start on the coaching change.

I'm not even sure Riley does anything during games. He doesn't hold clipboard, doesn't appear to use his headset, and doesn't talk to any players.
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

I knew this was going to happen. Nebraska would find a way to blow it against Wisconsin. And sure enough, they did.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

This staff just showed me they are hopeless, and I gave them more opportunities than a lot of Nebraska fans... There's so much I could gripe about, but it would be pointless because they are OUT. The kids have the bones to get it done, but I don't know what to say about the coaches.

Asking them to leave now would do wonders for the coming years. Stick around any longer and I guarantee people will continue to find other things to do. Save the fans, save Husker football. Move on.
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

twiztid1 wrote:A career day for a Badger running back against Nebraska; never would have seen that coming.
What about 2014 when Melvin Gordon set a single game record of 408 rushing yards?
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

mrsticka wrote:
twiztid1 wrote:A career day for a Badger running back against Nebraska; never would have seen that coming.
What about 2014 when Melvin Gordon set a single game record of 408 rushing yards?
I could be wrong, but I think you might have missed a bit of sarcasm, mrsticka :)