Greg S
City Council

Baseball Parks/Stadiums

Post by Greg S »

Interesting rankings:

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

And I’m putting Kansas City on my list. The stadium is in the middle of nowhere. The background is a highway. It does not have the wonder of San Francisco by the bay, or San Diego squarely in downtown. But for watching baseball, purely watching baseball, you can’t beat it. You’ll notice it’s called a stadium, not a park. It is named after Kansas City’s beloved owner Ewing Kauffman and not a corporate sponsor. The fountains are perfect, the sightlines are perfect, this is all about baseball.
Linkin5
County Board

Re: Baseball Parks/Stadiums

Post by Linkin5 »

He categorized Wrigley, Fenway, and dodger stadium as historic classic parks, I would honestly put Kauffman on there too. As years go on Kauffman will continue to become even more iconic, one of my favorite stadiums ever constructed.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Kaufman is great for watching baseball, no doubt. The sad truth is that Kaufman has absolutely nothing near it for food, bars, etc., while the Sprint Center is in a great area with KCLive, etc. & no teams play there. Ironic.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

NovakOmaha wrote:Kaufman is great for watching baseball, no doubt. The sad truth is that Kaufman has absolutely nothing near it for food, bars, etc., while the Sprint Center is in a great area with KCLive, etc. & no teams play there. Ironic.

To me that's what I like about it. With baseball I'm not a huge fan of going inside before or after the game. At Kauffman, we tailgate. Normally getting Jack Stack, Joe's KC, or Gates party trays. Love being able to do that there. Usually have games along with gloves to play catch. It's a fun scene before the games.

Greg