Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Omaha Lancers 2017-2018 season

Post by Brad »

Omaha Lancers 2017-2018 season

WILKIE TABBED TO LEAD LANCERS

http://www.lancers.com/news_article/sho ... id=1498138
lancers.com wrote:Ralston, NE –David Wilkie has been named the Head Coach and General Manager of the USHL’s Omaha Lancers. Wilkie becomes the 12th Head Coach in Lancers history and the first former Lancer player and Clark Cup champion (1990-1991) to take the reins behind the bench.

“I would like to thank the Omaha Lancers organization for their trust in me to lead this team into the future,” said Wilkie. “I am excited about the opportunity and am very much looking forward to the challenge. This is a great hockey city with the best hockey fans. I look forward to the process, the battle, the fun, and the journey."

Wilkie, 43, was most recently the Omaha AAA Hockey Club's Director of Hockey Operations, U18 Head Coach and U16 Head Coach. In seven seasons at Omaha AAA, he compiled an overall record of 570-192-32 as the program became a national powerhouse under his leadership. In the last seven seasons, 92 players have advanced to the Junior A Tier 1 or Tier 2 ranks, 44 players received NCAA Division 1 commitments, and four players were selected in the NHL Draft. Wilkie’s teams won a total of 34 major championships in 12 years of coaching in Omaha including four Central District championships, ten Midwest District championships and medaled six times at the USA Hockey National tournament.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Omaha Lancers 2017-2018 season

Post by Coyote »

Clark Cup
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (92.28 KiB) Viewed 354 times