Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:13 am

I just saw we have BC coming to Lincoln as part of the Big 10 ACC Challenge:

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml ... 22&SPID=24

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:52 pm

Opening against UCF in the Advocare Invitational in Orlando on Thanksgiving:

http://www.3newsnow.com/omahasportsinsi ... anksgiving

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:36 am


Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:55 am

Huskers get a local commit for 2018:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruit ... a29d6.html

User avatar
bmt
Home Owners Association
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:46 pm
Location: Hastings

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby bmt » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Greg S wrote:Huskers get a local commit for 2018:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruit ... a29d6.html


He is going to need at least a redshirt year to get big ten ready physically but has a lot of potential. Pretty similar body to Patton at that age. I think Miles/Nebraska know they can't afford to miss on any more in state big guys(Patton, Daum, Eliason, Matt Hill, etc...).

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:08 am

bmt wrote:
Greg S wrote:Huskers get a local commit for 2018:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruit ... a29d6.html


He is going to need at least a redshirt year to get big ten ready physically but has a lot of potential. Pretty similar body to Patton at that age. I think Miles/Nebraska know they can't afford to miss on any more in state big guys(Patton, Daum, Eliason, Matt Hill, etc...).


Between his Sr HS year and a red shirt year if he ever plays for Miles then Miles will have had some success this season and next. If he does not have a decent year this year I think his time will run out.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

GrandpaaSmucker
Home Owners Association
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby GrandpaaSmucker » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:27 am

nebugeater wrote:
bmt wrote:
Greg S wrote:Huskers get a local commit for 2018:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruit ... a29d6.html


He is going to need at least a redshirt year to get big ten ready physically but has a lot of potential. Pretty similar body to Patton at that age. I think Miles/Nebraska know they can't afford to miss on any more in state big guys(Patton, Daum, Eliason, Matt Hill, etc...).


Between his Sr HS year and a red shirt year if he ever plays for Miles then Miles will have had some success this season and next. If he does not have a decent year this year I think his time will run out.


The fact that the Nebraska Basketball Team will get beat on like a dog this season and not even come close to making the NCAA Tournament is no guarantee that he will be fired this year. Miles is as bad of a basketball coach as Nebraska has ever had. What he is really good at is making people like him despite the fact that he is doing a lousy job. I have pretty much lost all hope of him getting fired anytime soon.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:01 am

Small positive step for this season.

Transfer Isaac Copeland was cleared to play the entire season by the NCAA rather than just the second semester after getting a repose to the NCAA request this week. He is the transfer from Georgetown. Many thought the repose would not come until a day or two before the season started.

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/9/12/16 ... ble-season
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:08 am


Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:48 am

NU adds and exhibition against Mississippi State Sunday:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/nebr ... 28034.html

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Greg S wrote:NU adds and exhibition against Mississippi State Sunday:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/nebr ... 28034.html




That's actually pretty cool
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:20 am

Big 10 moving to a 20 game conference schedule next year. I am sure their TV partners love this:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ext-season

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Greg S wrote:Big 10 moving to a 20 game conference schedule next year. I am sure their TV partners love this:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ext-season



Love it..... or demand it.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:50 am

nebugeater wrote:
Greg S wrote:Big 10 moving to a 20 game conference schedule next year. I am sure their TV partners love this:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ext-season



Love it..... or demand it.



Or most likely, negotiated it in the last TV deal.

Greg

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:59 am

Nice exhibition win over a Ben Howland's Mississippi State squad. Both Ben Howland and Tim Miles contributed $2500 to the hurricane relief.


http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-baske ... 005a9.html

Greg

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:48 am

NU comes out on top in closed scrimmage with Iowa State:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-baske ... 7b8e5.html

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby skinzfan23 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:35 pm

Wow that is surprising...maybe NU can challenge Creighton in their annual game this year. The last time it was really competitive was in 2010 when NU won.

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:35 pm

It's really early but all signs point to Miles having his best team since he has been at NU.

Greg

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:35 am

Greg S wrote:It's really early but all signs point to Miles having his best team since he has been at NU.

Greg



Lets play a few real games first. Been going since 1999 and a fan a lot longer. Heard that some before, for Miles and others.....
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:35 am

nebugeater wrote:
Greg S wrote:It's really early but all signs point to Miles having his best team since he has been at NU.

Greg



Lets play a few real games first. Been going since 1999 and a fan a lot longer. Heard that some before, for Miles and others.....



Agreed. I go back even further. My first game was seeing NU play at Devaney the year it opened. During college down there I had student season tickets. The section then was during the early Nee era, called Dead Dawg Alley.

Greg

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:24 pm

Nebraska and USC to headling CBE Tournament in KC in 2018. Thanksgiving Weekend.

https://www.fanragsports.com/rothstein- ... e-classic/


Greg

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby skinzfan23 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:39 pm

Greg S wrote:Nebraska and USC to headling CBE Tournament in KC in 2018. Thanksgiving Weekend.

https://www.fanragsports.com/rothstein- ... e-classic/


Greg

USC Trojans, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Texas Tech Red Raiders and Missouri State Bears

None of those schools are exactly hotbeds for college basketball. This lineup looks very weak compared to this year's:

Creighton, UCLA, Wisconsin, Baylor

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:39 pm

Yeah not as strong. They were smart to invite NU with how our fans travel well. Very winnable tournament for the Huskers.

Greg

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby MadMartin8 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:37 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:
Greg S wrote:Nebraska and USC to headling CBE Tournament in KC in 2018. Thanksgiving Weekend.

https://www.fanragsports.com/rothstein- ... e-classic/


Greg

USC Trojans, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Texas Tech Red Raiders and Missouri State Bears

None of those schools are exactly hotbeds for college basketball. This lineup looks very weak compared to this year's:

Creighton, UCLA, Wisconsin, Baylor



USC and Tejas Tech aren't bad teams. Missouri State is the head scratcher though.
No posts exist for this topic

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:44 am

I think Missouri State got added in for the local factor. Some of the other local schools have played in this in the bast. Missouri, Kansas, K State, Wichita State have been in several times. Granted Missouri State is not of that caliber.

Greg

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:22 am

Hopefully they follow through on the up tempo offense:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-baske ... b2969.html

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20823
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Coyote » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:34 am

I heard that they were on a 12 second shot clock.
Image

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:23 am

Slow start but Huskers win in final exhibition game.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-baske ... 93af6.html

GrandpaaSmucker
Home Owners Association
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby GrandpaaSmucker » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Just watched the first away game tonight on Fox Sports 1. Nebraska was never competitive from start to finish. St johns 79 Nebraska 56. I say Nebraska will be lucky if they win 10 games the entire year.

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:34 am

Nebraska improves to 3 and 1 with a nice bounce back win:

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/m ... ee085.html

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:19 pm

NU hangs on and improves to 5-2. Roby out with a bad ankle sprain:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-baske ... ff9b3.html

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 am

NU improves to 6 and 2 with a good win over Boston College. Next four games could get ugly. With so many new faces in integral roles this year I don't think they fully hit their stride until January.

Greg

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:11 pm

I guess Mike Riley was at the Game last night dressed in Husker gear.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 am


User avatar
Uffda
Planning Board
Posts: 3085
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Uffda » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:21 am

Beats #14 Minnesota 78-68

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:47 am

Nice solid win last night. Played as complete of a game I have seen them play so far this year.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:20 am

Such a different team when Watson is clicking. Loved how they attacked Minnesota off of defensive rebounds.

Greg

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:49 am

nebugeater wrote:Nice solid win last night. Played as complete of a game I have seen them play so far this year.


and I will add... all of last year.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby Greg S » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 am

nebugeater wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Nice solid win last night. Played as complete of a game I have seen them play so far this year.


and I will add... all of last year.



Agreed. Looked like a fun game to be at. Almost went but held off due to the late start time and the drive back from Lincoln. I liked the stripe the vault too. Looked good on TV.

Greg

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Postby nebugeater » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am

Late start time SUCKS. Get back to Gretna late and then head out for work at 5AM
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!


Return to “Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest