Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2017-18

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote:Late start time SUCKS. Get back to Gretna late and then head out for work at 5AM

Yeah I am not a fan either. I see we have a few more later this year, home and away. Don't mind the away ones but the home are rough.

Greg
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The price of television and being in the Central Timezone of a conference in the East/Central. Creighton deals with the same issue. I have noticed that FS1 has been scheduling more 530/730(Central) game times rather than 6/8. Would help if BTN did the same.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

iamjacobm wrote:The price of television and being in the Central Timezone of a conference in the East/Central. Creighton deals with the same issue. I have noticed that FS1 has been scheduling more 530/730(Central) game times rather than 6/8. Would help if BTN did the same.

Don't get me wrong. I get it. Still don't have to like it. I don't think I am alone either because in the area I sit there are a number of no shows that are there for almost every game fort he time we have been in The Vault..... except for some of the late start games.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Moving it up 30 minutes would help a little. Creighton has it better either way with almost all of their fans coming from Omaha. With Nebraska you have a large number not only from Lincoln but all directions from Lincoln.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Coming off the lost to CU, this is either going to be the best time or worst time to face Kansas for Nebraska. KU has lost 2 straight. So either they will be down or mad as you know what. Unfortunately I think it's the worst time to face them.

Greg
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Greg S wrote:Coming off the lost to CU, this is either going to be the best time or worst time to face Kansas for Nebraska. KU has lost 2 straight. So either they will be down or mad as you know what. Unfortunately I think it's the worst time to face them.

Greg
KU seems to be in a bit of disarray, having watched or seen video of both games they lost. Something isn't quite right with that team right now. A Nebraska win would not surprise me if they manage to slow the game down, and put the last game behind them. Stranger things have happened.
No posts exist for this topic
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Anybody know the back up radio station when the game is not on 590? Was driving home to watch the game after it started Satuday, tried 590 but they were getting ready for the NU volleyball game. Was able to listen to the CU feed on 1620, but obviously that's a once a year option and either way prefer NU's crew.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:Anybody know the back up radio station when the game is not on 590? Was driving home to watch the game after it started Satuday, tried 590 but they were getting ready for the NU volleyball game. Was able to listen to the CU feed on 1620, but obviously that's a once a year option and either way prefer NU's crew.

Greg
Here are the stations that are on the Husker basketball network this year.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=3624318

Might want to get the Husker App for your smart phone from the Husker Sports network. I have had it for 3 - 4 years now and it has been useful at times to get things when out or range or they are not covered. Startled using it a few years ago when it was still KFAB as the Omaha station and they only carried Conf Baseball games. $5 a year

also some things are on the Tunein app on the HUSKER feed. No idea if pre and post game are there though. I use the APP for most of the streaming and rarely have used Tunin but have checked it a few times and it is a good feed. More delay than the App when I checked and that was my curiosity
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

They were talking on 1620 this morning about ticket prices dropping for KU game Saturday Night with NU making volleyball finals in KC.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:They were talking on 1620 this morning about ticket prices dropping for KU game Saturday Night with NU making volleyball finals in KC.

Greg
As far out as this KU game has been scheduled it is unfortunate that these landed at within an hour of the same start time. That being said, glad both are happening!!!!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote:
Greg S wrote:They were talking on 1620 this morning about ticket prices dropping for KU game Saturday Night with NU making volleyball finals in KC.

Greg
As far out as this KU game has been scheduled it is unfortunate that these landed at within an hour of the same start time. That being said, glad both are happening!!!!

Totally agree
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

For Omaha the volleyball game will be on 590 and basketball on 105.9.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Tough one to lose but loved how NU never backed down and fought until the end.

Right after game they put the vball game on Jumbotron at the Vault.

Greg
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

If Nebraska plays the rest of the season like they did last night then Nebraska could make the Big Dance in March and coach Miles will not be fired. Height and talent wise Nebraska was right in there with Kansas except for the 7ft tall Kansas Center Udoka Azubuike. The final crucial block of the game was by Azubike. He was hurt last year and is a Sophomore this year and more then likely will be playing in the pros next year. You take Azuike out of the game last night and Nebraska would of won.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:Tough one to lose but loved how NU never backed down and fought until the end.

Greg
Great Basketball game with last night with the obvious exception of the outcome. Stayed to watch VB afterward and that was great too. Looked to be a number of the recruits in town this weekend at the game and they had to walk away impressed with the fans. The Vault was rocking..
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube][/youtube]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (47.33 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote:
Greg S wrote:Tough one to lose but loved how NU never backed down and fought until the end.

Greg
Great Basketball game with last night with the obvious exception of the outcome. Stayed to watch VB afterward and that was great too. Looked to be a number of the recruits in town this weekend at the game and they had to walk away impressed with the fans. The Vault was rocking..

I would have loved to have been at the game. We spent the night in Lincoln with my son's hockey team because they had a 7AM game at Breslow. The excitement in the whole city was awesome between the basketball game, the volleyball championship and the continued positive vibes with the football team.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Coyote wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
image.jpeg

Awesome video, thanks for posting!

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I love how SF is always wearing Blue Jeans and something casual on this non appearances that are not in front of a podium. Gives me the since of LETS GO TO WORK.

Now back to Basketball

Should have a couple of wins this week with UTSA (Texas at San Antonio) on Wednesday lead by Former K State player Steve Henson and Stetson in Friday.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Yeah the last 4 games have been a grind. Little bit of a breather on the schedule.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

NU's 50 free throw attempts were the highest we've attempted in 22 years. Wow.
NU improves to 8 and 5.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/m ... 70d2e.html
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:NU's 50 free throw attempts were the highest we've attempted in 22 years. Wow.
NU improves to 8 and 5.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/m ... 70d2e.html

I knew there were a lot but didn't pay close enough attention to realize there were THAT many
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

last non con before conference play:

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/m ... 74566.html
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Nice road win last night. Agree with Miles on McIntosh:

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/m ... f4fdb.html
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I hate to even say it out-loud ( or type it in this case) but this is the best I have seen a Husker BB team look in years. Including the NCAA year that Miles had. By that I mean the guys on the floor look like they belong there and know what they are doing Now that that is out there the the rug is set to be pulled out.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I would agree. Top to bottom on talent, depth and even coaching. With so many new pieces they should continue to improve as the season unfolds.

Greg
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

nebugeater wrote:I hate to even say it out-loud ( or type it in this case) but this is the best I have seen a Husker BB team look in years. Including the NCAA year that Miles had. By that I mean the guys on the floor look like they belong there and know what they are doing Now that that is out there the the rug is set to be pulled out.
It is the best team by far in the MIles years. MIles started the season 99% guaranteed to be fired. The way Nebraska looks right now Miles has got a slight chance of of saving his job if Nebraska can make the big dance. Maybe and its a big maybe but maybe MIles has an ounce of recruiting ability and has finally dug up some real talent.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:
nebugeater wrote:I hate to even say it out-loud ( or type it in this case) but this is the best I have seen a Husker BB team look in years. Including the NCAA year that Miles had. By that I mean the guys on the floor look like they belong there and know what they are doing Now that that is out there the the rug is set to be pulled out.
It is the best team by far in the MIles years. MIles started the season 99% guaranteed to be fired. The way Nebraska looks right now Miles has got a slight chance of of saving his job if Nebraska can make the big dance. Maybe and its a big maybe but maybe MIles has an ounce of recruiting ability and has finally dug up some real talent.
If Miles’ team makes the big dance and wins a game (remember, NU basketball has NEVER won an NCAA tournament game).. He might be given a 10 year contract extension :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Getting to the big dances saves his job. If he wins a game or two there, I could see a longer extension.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:Getting to the big dances saves his job. If he wins a game or two there, I could see a longer extension.

Greg

I don't see anything other than a one year extension this year as a best case. We have a different type of though process going on at the AD level now and one year will not do it for the longer haul.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I think he needs to make the post season to keep his job. I can't remember if he has a 4 year deal right now or five. If he is down to four ( I believe Eichorst one of the years did not give him the usual 1 year extension) and has some success I think he gets 2 to get back to the standard 5 year deal. Lots of season left though.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I think Purdue this weekend is NU’s toughest remaining game, and arguably the toughest this season.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Greg S wrote:I think Purdue this weekend is NU’s toughest remaining game, and arguably the toughest this season.
By far, totally agree, lucky they only face the Spartans and Boilers once this year. I was at their 83-80 win last year in Lincoln thanks to Big E and Mrs E, and they got lucky against their Bigs. I don't know if the Huskers go to their small lineup which I like if they can stay in single digits ... But they are looking better each game...
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I thought NU played well this weekend. Kept fighting the full time, but they are not at Purdue's level. Glad we only face them once but it would be interesting to see what the outcome would be at PBA.

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

After #5 Purdue got it's 10 pt. lead Nebraska was able to hang with them till the end. They look good this year. A definite bubble team.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Nice home win
Wisconsin 59
Nebraska 63
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Coyote wrote:Nice home win
Wisconsin 59
Nebraska 63

Not the prettiest game but in years past NU loses that one.

Greg
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

That is a win that NE should have. WI is definitely in a down year. I am surprised that the margin wasn't larger.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

skinzfan23 wrote:That is a win that NE should have. WI is definitely in a down year. I am surprised that the margin wasn't larger.
I'm Not.

This team is learning to win. As mentioned above in past years it would have been a L. Any win, by 1 Pt. even, is a good improvement.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I kept waiting for them to blow it open but it never really happened. It felt like a double digit win most of the time then NU would go cold or several bad decisions.

They did not play well but I will definitely take the win.

I didn't realize our next game is Friday. I can't remember too many conference games on Fridays. Kind of bummed will miss it because I will be at UNO hockey.

Greg