US Senior Open in Omaha 2021

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

skinzfan23
City Council

US Senior Open in Omaha 2021

Post by skinzfan23 »

U.S. Senior Open coming back to Omaha Country Club in 2021, tying record for soonest return to a course

The U.S. Senior Open golf tournament, in record-tying time, is coming back to Omaha.

Omaha Country Club will host the 2021 championship, eight years after its first Senior Open.

Tournament dates will be July 8 to 11, 2021. There could be 20 hours or more of live telecasts on Fox and Fox Sports.

The economic impact from the 2013 Senior Open was reported in a USGA press release the following February as exceeding $50 million.

The numbers explain why the USGA wanted to come back to Omaha. For the 2013 Senior Open, corporate hospitality sales were a record $5.6 million, ticket sales topped $2 million for only the third time, the weeklong attendance of 157,126 ranked second all-time and the volunteer force of 3,000 was lined up nine months in advance.

The 32,994 spectators for the Saturday round, then the 34,354 on Sunday for the final round, set records for the largest single-day attendance at an Omaha sporting event.

Since 2013, none of the subsequent Senior Opens has come close to Omaha’s large galleries. From news reports, weeklong attendance was 107,217 at Oak Tree in Edmond, Oklahoma, in 2014; 115,006 at Del Paso in Sacramento, California, in 2015; and no more than 100,000, because of weather, at Scioto in Columbus, Ohio, last year.
Coyote
City Council

Re: US Senior Open in Omaha 2021

Post by Coyote »

And fan favorite Phil Mickelson may be in the Seniors field by then.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Coyote wrote:And fan favorite Phil Mickelson may be in the Seniors field by then.
I think he'll be 50 by then, which would make him eligible I believe..

Dang I feel old...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
Coyote wrote:And fan favorite Phil Mickelson may be in the Seniors field by then.
I think he'll be 50 by then, which would make him eligible I believe..

Dang I feel old...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Old?! Naw, it's CLASSIC :D

Great get for the area again. Once again Omaha earns return visits from these kids of events, would love to see a regular tour stop but...baby steps.
No posts exist for this topic