Husker Season Tickets

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

acm47479
New to the Neighborhood

Husker Season Tickets

Post by acm47479 »

Long-time lurker, first time poster.

If one were interested in becoming a Husker season ticket holder for football in fall 2018, how does the system work? Do you get an understanding of where your seats will be when you purchase tickets? Do new ticket holders get the less ideal locations with seniority getting first crack at moving to relinquished seats after each year? Last game I was at I sat next to a group that sat behind a pillar and wish to not have involvement with an obscuring obstacle. Is there a list I need to join and wait to be offered the opportunity to buy them or do I just stay tuned for the new season ticket holder sales in the summer? I wasn't sure if the 2017 summer ticket sale was a unique opportunity or if there is a list you need to jump in.

For pricing, I liked the range and seat the last time I bought tickets from a distant co-worker who couldn't attend. Is the price listed on the ticket equal to the price one pays as the season ticket holder?
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Husker Season Tickets

Post by nebugeater »

Don't want to run you off here....welcome and stick around

You might find a lot more info quickly at Huskermax.com for the info you are looking for
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Also, welcome.. But, I think it is so hard to get on the list... Huskermax may be the better place to ask...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

The list is a far cry from what it used to be. This season you could have purchased season tickets mid summer with a small donation requirement.

Another thing to do is to just call the UNL ticket office.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I heard today that they are no longer requiring large seat fees, that you can get tickets for only a $25 donation...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:I heard today that they are no longer requiring large seat fees, that you can get tickets for only a $25 donation...
There is some truth to that as I understand it. It will still depend on where you want to try and get seated.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

The crazy thing is the line was never that long. I applied for and got my season tickets in 1993.

If you have questions on season tickets, best way to get started is call 1-800-8-BIGRED. NU's ticket office is great to deal with.

Greg
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Last year they had an interactive map with the different donation ranges. They allow current season ticket holders to upgrade and then open it to the public. If I remember right, row 80+ or so was no donation going all the way up to $10k+ for the good seats. The tickets that I get are grandfathered into a $1k donation but would be $5k+ for new holders.

I would recommend buying individual tickets from friends and ticket brokers. You will pay more for the big games and a lot less for the others. Prices below are what I have seen for good tickets and expect to see for the remaining games.

Arkansas State: $60
Northern IL: $25
Rutgers: $15
Wisconsin: $200
Ohio St: $150
Northwestern: $75
Iowa: $75