2017-2018 UNO Basketball

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

2017-2018 UNO Basketball

Post by Coyote »

UNO only loses to Oklahoma 108-89, being a 23.5 dogs.
Because of the curling trials they are away for the first two weeks of the season.
They lost to Montana St in overtime for the season opener.
Coyote
City Council

Re: 2017-2018 UNO Basketball

Post by Coyote »

UNO played its highest ranked opponent #18 Louisville, and despite being -27.5 dogs they got within 71-64 before falling 87-78.
Louisville big three go 6-10, 6-11, and 7-0.
They will have played some tough teams preparing the for Summit play.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Jim Rose on KFAB has sure been voicing his dislike for the UNO early season travel schedule. Not sure who @#$(^$ in his cheerios. He gets on a rant almost every morning about the total miles they traveled with no home games. He finally seemed to get talked off the home game thing after people repeatedly brought up the curling. After that it has been 100% about not scheduling games closer to the home base.

His rants get old.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

nebugeater wrote:Jim Rose on KFAB has sure been voicing his dislike for the UNO early season travel schedule. Not sure who @#$(^$ in his cheerios. He gets on a rant almost every morning about the total miles they traveled with no home games. He finally seemed to get talked off the home game thing after people repeatedly brought up the curling. After that it has been 100% about not scheduling games closer to the home base.

His rants get old.
Even beyond the curling trials they are always going to have brutal early schedules. These games pay the bills.

Also its tough when Nebraska and Creighton don't make it work for you to stay in town for buy games. Add in the fact that UNO beat Iowa not long ago and I doubt they will be invited back anytime soon.

All of a sudden that home base gets smaller. They are playing @KU and get Drake home and away. So there are some closer games.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

iamjacobm wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Jim Rose on KFAB has sure been voicing his dislike for the UNO early season travel schedule. Not sure who @#$(^$ in his cheerios. He gets on a rant almost every morning about the total miles they traveled with no home games. He finally seemed to get talked off the home game thing after people repeatedly brought up the curling. After that it has been 100% about not scheduling games closer to the home base.

His rants get old.
Even beyond the curling trials they are always going to have brutal early schedules. These games pay the bills.

Also its tough when Nebraska and Creighton don't make it work for you to stay in town for buy games. Add in the fact that UNO beat Iowa not long ago and I doubt they will be invited back anytime soon.

All of a sudden that home base gets smaller. They are playing @KU and get Drake home and away. So there are some closer games.
Don't get me wrong I get it. My issue is with Rose and not with what UNO has to do to get the schedule they want and need.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Ohh I was agreeing with you. My fault for not showing that well.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

:thumb:

iamjacobm wrote:Ohh I was agreeing with you. My fault for not showing that well.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha getting a lot of props from ESPN 2 broadcasters tonight.
They even gave Lincoln a good nod.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

We went last year when Nebraska played at KU. Best basketball venue I have ever been in. Glad UNO got to experience it.

I really do wish both NU and CU would schedule UNO every single year.

Greg
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Greg S wrote:

Greg
I think it would be great for the community, but as far as competitive, that would be another story. I know so many would like to CU and UNO play every year but the exhibition where CU won by nearly 30 this year is evidence that it wouldn't be competitive. The game used to be when Creighton was in the Valley, but since then, the Jays have stepped up big time. Granted, I would rather see UNO/CU instead of Creighton playing Maryland Eastern Shore as they did last Friday. That game and program was a joke.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

skinzfan23 wrote:
Greg S wrote:

Greg
I think it would be great for the community, but as far as competitive, that would be another story. I know so many would like to CU and UNO play every year but the exhibition where CU won by nearly 30 this year is evidence that it wouldn't be competitive. The game used to be when Creighton was in the Valley, but since then, the Jays have stepped up big time. Granted, I would rather see UNO/CU instead of Creighton playing Maryland Eastern Shore as they did last Friday. That game and program was a joke.
It's of the nothing to gain everything to lose. Both NU and CU schedule cupcakes so you just replace one of those. You are correct on Maryland East Shore. NU has those on their schedule as well that they could replace with UNO. Nick Bahe admitted that the last thing CU wants in Omaha is a legitimate UNO across town.

Greg
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Got a record home crowd of 4106 this weekend.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

That crowd was impressive, with both NU and CU playing home games during the day.

Greg