Nebraska Football 2018

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Re: Nebraska Football 2018

Post by mrsticka »

If Tanner Lee does play in the NFL, he'll be throwing interceptions all over the place.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:
Coyote wrote: Going pro was said to be his second option. They must have received positive responses to their NFL inquiries that would make him think his best shot was there.
I think Tanner Lee received strong hints that he was done here from none other then Scott Frost himself. I clearly saw Frost sending those hints and I clearly see now that Tanner Lee got those hints. Tanner Lee will never play a down in the NFL and both Scott Frost and I know it! Tanner Lee is talking trash as he cuts and runs for the hills. Straight up Scott Frost was going to get his A$$ kicked this year if he went with Tanner Lee.
Talking trash where?

As to some that think he might not QB in NFL — he more than likely wouldn’t as a rookie or maybe even a 2-3 year but he might fit in well with a team that ends a backup. Too many fans want that instant fix whether it is college or the pros.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

Uffda wrote:
GrandpaaSmucker wrote:
Coyote wrote: Going pro was said to be his second option. They must have received positive responses to their NFL inquiries that would make him think his best shot was there.
I think Tanner Lee received strong hints that he was done here from none other then Scott Frost himself. I clearly saw Frost sending those hints and I clearly see now that Tanner Lee got those hints. Tanner Lee will never play a down in the NFL and both Scott Frost and I know it! Tanner Lee is talking trash as he cuts and runs for the hills. Straight up Scott Frost was going to get his A$$ kicked this year if he went with Tanner Lee.
Talking trash where?

As to some that think he might not QB in NFL — he more than likely wouldn’t as a rookie or maybe even a 2-3 year but he might fit in well with a team that ends a backup. Too many fans want that instant fix whether it is college or the pros.
Hes talking trash saying hes gotta go cause hes wanted in the pros. I'm calling B.S. and saying no hes not wanted in the pros. :lafcry:
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:
Uffda wrote:
GrandpaaSmucker wrote:
Talking trash where?

Hes talking trash saying hes gotta go cause hes wanted in the pros. I'm calling B.S. and saying no hes not wanted in the pros. :lafcry:

That’s Trash talking? Dang that right up there with your Fake News. :lol: :lol:
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Uffda wrote:
GrandpaaSmucker wrote:
Uffda wrote:
GrandpaaSmucker wrote:
Talking trash where?

That’s Trash talking? Dang that right up there with your Fake News. :lol: :lol:
Anyone or source running around saying that Tanner Lee will now scoot off to a career in the NFL is manufacturing FAKE NEWS......talking trash....dreaming.........smoking crack!.........blind......... :lol: :lol:
I saw what a hot young rookie NFL quarterback looks like yesterday when the Chiefs played the Broncos. Let me tell you Tanner Lee is no Patrick Mahomes.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

3BF3CA91-3D86-4978-9104-6130F9876EEF.jpeg
3BF3CA91-3D86-4978-9104-6130F9876EEF.jpeg (114.45 KiB) Viewed 1936 times
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

In any case, Great win for Scott Frost and UCF in the Peach Bowl. Fantastic finish for him and a great springboard as he turns the page to 100% focus as being head coach of University of Nebraska Football :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
jag42
Library Board

Post by jag42 »

Mythical National Championship for UCF!
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Uffda wrote:
Why would the guy be digging dirt with a flat head shovel that is covered with concrete? We don't know if that graphic is fake news or Russian bot created propoganda or what :lol:
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:
Uffda wrote:
Why would the guy be digging dirt with a flat head shovel that is covered with concrete? We don't know if that graphic is fake news or Russian bot created propoganda or what :lol:
It’s your shovel youngster
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Tanner Lee struggled mightily in the Senior Bowl yesterday (no surprise to me). From the W-H:

“Former Nebraska quarterback Tanner Lee committed two turnovers in Saturday’s Senior Bowl as his North team lost 45-16 to the South.

Lee, one of three quarterbacks for the North, completed 8 of 19 passes for 86 yards with an interception and fumble. The two turnovers came on consecutive possessions in the second half.

Lee was sacked and stripped late in the third quarter by Mississippi’s Marquis Haynes. Texas-San Antonio defensive end Marcus Davenport recovered the fumble and returned it 19 yards for a touchdown. On the next series, Lee completed a 22-yard pass to Michael Gallup (Colorado State) before throwing an interception on the next play.”..

The complete story link:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/e ... 851e1.html

I have nothing against Tanner Lee.. but I never thought he was even remotely ready for the NFL..This performance certainly did not help his cause...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

I didn't see the game, but I do know he is not NFL material.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

mrsticka wrote:I didn't see the game, but I do know he is not NFL material.
I wish Tanner Lee the best..

But if he really thinks he can play professional football, he should be getting ready for the Arena League or possibly playing up in Canada..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

What about the MPFL? Think he has a chance in that?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Perhaps the CIF.. The same indoor football league the Omaha Beef play in...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

I hope some Nebraska football games are broadcast on ABC this fall.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

mrsticka wrote:I hope some Nebraska football games are broadcast on ABC this fall.
It's on them to earn a spot on that channel, plus Fox will have something to say about it. I too hope to see them in prime time this year, and hope they don't lay an egg like they have in recent years.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I knew it!...

Husker football ticket records reveal large gap between announced attendance and number of fans who show up​

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/plus/huske ... 0a6eb.html
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I knew it!...

Husker football ticket records reveal large gap between announced attendance and number of fans who show up​

Where you been hiding? This was news about two months ago.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

nebugeater wrote:

...Missouri??
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
nebugeater wrote:

...Missouri??
That explains it! ;)
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

It's weird that the World Herald put this out again yesterday like it was new since they had reported it a few weeks ago.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:It's weird that the World Herald put this out again yesterday like it was new since they had reported it a few weeks ago.

Greg

Like you sad even makes it stranger is that the OWH is the place that reported on this earlier. Not someone else that they are catching up with. Here is the OWH story from Feb 20. Not much difforent

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/how-hard-d ... ec6e4.html
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Iowa had a whopping 9,000 fans at their spring game game last night. Nebraska is going to have nearly 10x that at theirs!
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Not entirely different from the regular season games as of late... a 'sell out', but if you noticed, there were a LOT of empty seats. Unfortunately, I think a lot of season ticket holders bought up the maximum allotment and then just didn't manage to unload them all.

No doubt, there were still obviously more in attendance than any other Nebraska spring game.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

The weather being cold for April, and cloudy may have kept people from making the trip to a glorified practice. Farmers can't wait much longer and are starting to plant, despite less than ideal ground temps. That could have kept some rural season ticket holders away.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

Too many penalties. They just slowed the game down.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Nearly 87,000 in attendance for a practice scrimmage.. This was amongst the all time highest attended spring games in college football history..

Anywho.. I watched the game on BTN and keeping in mind, this game was basically a practice, I liked what I saw at QB. NU looks like they potentially have 3 legit guys who can play QB in Scott Frost’s system.. And I enjoyed Warner’s TD run..

All in all, mission accomplished thus far..in the long journey to get Husker football back into the mix of national relevance...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (112.91 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Correction: #1 all time :thumb: ..

And for the record, I’ve had several friends who were in attendance at the scrimmage tell me they saw very little evidence of empty seats..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:06 pm Correction: #1 all time :thumb: ..

And for the record, I’ve had several friends who were in attendance at the scrimmage tell me they saw very little evidence of empty seats..

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Not all time, but this year. Ohio State had a few early in the decade in the 90,000 range (or higher). Still, for how large the stadium is, it's impressive to have a capacity crowd.
No posts exist for this topic
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (235.39 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Actually, I think I heard the attendance for this years NU Spring Game was #7 all time..

Still, pretty dang impressive...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

I liked what I saw. Martinez, Gebbia, and Bunch all showed some promise. I liked Bunch's throws and Martinez's running. Martinez is quick and fast, and Bunch is a homegrown man who put some balls right on the money. Everybody looked like they know how to play football, which is great, for a change. This should be very interesting come fall. There's more than a few months till then and I'll be getting very excited in the week or two preceding the first game.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Bunch is from Tennessee, Vedral is from Wahoo.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I would be willing to bet it's the highest ever for a team coming off a losing season.....

Greg
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

Coyote wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:28 am Bunch is from Tennessee, Vedral is from Wahoo.
Thought I heard bunch went to Bellevue.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Busguy2010 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:36 am
Coyote wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:28 am Bunch is from Tennessee, Vedral is from Wahoo.
Thought I heard bunch went to Bellevue.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... OEM_ID=100

HEIGHT: 6'1"
WEIGHT: 200
YEAR: Sophomore
HOMETOWN: Thompson Stations, Tenn.
HIGH SCHOOL: Independence
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

I heard somebody say something in reference to somebody's days in Bellevue after Bunchs td pass. Obviously not who I thought, but I have to defend why I said it.

Thank you for the correction.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Busguy2010 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:34 am I liked what I saw. Martinez, Gebbia, and Bunch all showed some promise. I liked Bunch's throws and Martinez's running. Martinez is quick and fast, and Bunch is a homegrown man who put some balls right on the money. Everybody looked like they know how to play football, which is great, for a change. This should be very interesting come fall. There's more than a few months till then and I'll be getting very excited in the week or two preceding the first game.
Agreed. It appears the Huskers have 3 guys who have a legit chance to run Scott Frost’s offense as QB. And I really liked the speed and quickness of Martinez...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!